Sprite Jam: 5 - 11 July - Two Winner announced

Started by buloght, Wed 05/07/2006 18:00:37

Previous topic - Next topic

buloght

Topic Two Main Characters

Design and sprite two main characters that works together to complete the adventure game. Examples be Cedric and The Revolution, Sam 'n Max, etc. Creative entries are well received.

Rules
- Max 16 colours each (may differ for from one to the other), 17th colour may be transparency
- Max size: 40x60 for each character

I apologise for the fact it is more sprites than usual.

BunnyMilk

Just a question because I've never done one of these before...

Does it have to be 40x60 per character and does it have to be 16 colours or is the maximum requirements?
Love x

buloght

16 colours and 40x60 are maximum restrictions, so you can go anything smaller or less than that :) Sorry I forgot to add 'max' to the topic header. And 40x60 are the max restriction for each character on their own.

Afflict

WOW, I just realised when I wanted to congrats you... thats a grandslam sir...

Anyway my entry here soon

Krysis

In an universe covered in darkness
only two are brave enough to stand
against the evil and those two are...

The Last Space Patrol
[/size]

Ã,  Its like "Miami Vice" plus "Star Trek" plus
"Sam n'Max"! You must play this game!
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Darth Vader

Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 

Teddy is the leader of the team... He is loud, but stupid. Fix is the brain, but people rarely listen to him. Together they defend the world from evil aliens, stunning crimminals and all kinds of other crazy scum... and get some pizza too.

buloght

Wow, krysis, Great first entry. Hope the rest of you are inspired now.

BunnyMilk

Holy shit I was thinking about attempting to make my first ever sprite for this but after that...no way...I would pay money for that game.
Love x

Privateer Puddin'

An old cartoonist and his sketch :D

R4L

Meet Sword and Shield! Sword does the damage while Shield defends!

40x80 10 colors

Steel Drummer

I present Lou Biglio and Lenny LaVito! Lou's da black guy and Lenny's the funky guy. 'nam sayin'?Ã, 

The pair are from the Mafia, and they do a great job of hiding their cover (sarcasm alert).
I'm composing the music for this game:

Mad

Meet the two-man two-thing crew of the star-glider Phorz IV:

Cpt. Brain and Lt. Bran

They travel through time and space, without thought of personal risk,
to deliver your Pizza fresh and hot!

Phorzy's Pizza Emporium guarantees your order reaches you juicy and steaming or you'll get your money back!

Phorzy realized early on in his career as pizza parlour owner that the customers would do nearly anything to avoid paying the bill, so he started hiring dynamic duos consisting mainly of an astrophysicist and muscle. The physicist is of course needed to maneuver through the fabrics of time and space and the muscle deals with the rest.
But he didn't count on our protagonists:

Cpt. Brain is just as intelligent as nervous, which is why he erratically jumps from one incoherent though to the next.

Lt. Bran indeed has loads of the required muscle, but is so mild mannered that he couldn't hurt a belbriz.

Shade

the dog is called Butch. he is a little dumb and believes that god is a big steak. in the future he wants to be a big star and go to hollywood.

nobody knows the parrots real name but Butch calls him "Boss". he flew from africa all the way to america because in africa nobody was dumb enough to follow his rule. he made himself a name as a private detective. it was one of this damn wednesday evenings when he met Butch for the first time. with the right gift he finally got his partner. and well his aim is to conquer the world...

Khris

These are obviously traced. click

This is not the Trace Jam, you know.

R4L

*sigh* this is getting tiresome...

Afflict

Wow you pixeled that quite well!

Evil

Some people can pixel from photos well.

I think we should be more concerned with the parrot's ass hairs in that photo.

sergiocornaga

Quote from: KhrisMUC on Thu 06/07/2006 22:58:15This is not the Trace Jam, you know.

So? At least it's an attempt. It's not like it's a ripped sprite from Contra...

Mikko

Introducing Jo & Finkgrib:

This static duo relies on power of the siblings, Jo being the elder sister and Finkgrib (often credited as FG) the younger brother. Where as Jo isn't the brightest bulb in the ceiling, she knows how to get past and walk over absolutely any man she faces. FG on the other hand just happens to know everything about everything. Being just 8 years old that's a lot of knowing (...too much, I mean, just look at him, 8 years!)

MashPotato

Meet Mike Penguno, a tough-talkin', chain-smokin', hardboiled private eye who's been known to bust a few beaks in his quest to solve a case.
Meet Hubert "Hummy" Byrd, Penguno's highstrung partner who uses his small size and hovering skills to sneak into hostile territories and gather intelligence. 
With their mix of brains and brawn, they're the most formidable private detective duo in all of Nestburg.  Bad guys beware!

3x

55x58 (but individually they're below the max size)
14 colours + transparency

buloght

Wonderful entries everyone! I'll end this one tomorrow middayish (maybe a little before midday). So get your entries in before then if there are still some of you wanting to enter  ;D. The trophies are ready to be awarded :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk