Sprite Jam: July 25th - August 1st -- Winner announced

Started by zabnat, Mon 24/07/2006 23:46:13

Previous topic - Next topic

zabnat

Draw a sprite of a street merchant who is not afraid to be out selling stuff at night. It should be obvious from the sprite that the guy/gal is a merchant. So you can draw him with his stand or have some merchandise in his hand or something.

Restrictions
Size: minimum 25x50, maximum 200x200
Colors: 10 colors of which 8 has to be shades of gray and the rest has to be shades of one other color.

Why the color restrictions?
I'm thinking that the style should be something like in Sin City. See what I mean here and here.
So basically there is only one real color in the pic and then shades of gray. About the shades of color: for example both green and orange can be darker shades of yellow, but not the same yellow. So if you go with lime yellow with greenish darker shades you really can't use orange anymore.
I really liked that style in the movie and now I would like to see that style in sprites.

Note that your street merchant doesn't have to be in the style of Sin City other than colorwise.

Ok, now try to be creative  ;D

ThreeOhFour

2 colours

Not actually an entry (in case nobody else enters and I win by default - I don't have internet access during the week, therefore I can't create a new competition!!)

sergiocornaga

Is this minimum size thing going to become a regular feature? Is it because of me?

The Ivy

What Grayheart didn't realize is that no one's in the market for love nowadays.

...sorry if I murdered part of anyone's childhood here. ;)

Reference pic:

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It's that shady merchant Aziz again!  Is that a knife in his pocket or is he just happy to see your dinars?

9 colors (not including background)

BillyCoen

http://www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=BloodpakDave

Marapets is The Bestest Thing in THE WhOlE WidE WoRld!!! ^^

Dreadus

This is a pretty late entry....
9 colours, 10 including black background...

yarooze

May be this is an obvious pose, but I wanted to make about the same sprite like Dreadus or Ben304. I just wanted to make cloacked vampire with about the same pose...Ã,  ???
My Blog

Shade

this isn't an entry i just couldn't resistÃ,  ;).

"I'm selling these fine leather jackets..."

zabnat

Ok. It's time to announce the winner.

All the entries are well done and it's not easy to put them in order.
But here goes:
3rd place for Dreadus and his merchant selling things from his jacket.
2nd place for ProgZmax and his Aziz. Is that knife in his pocket his merhandise  ;)
1st place for The Ivy and her Grayheart bear selling love. I really liked this one and I think it best fits the usage of the color theme I had in mind.

Congratulations for the winner and thank you all for participating.

The Ivy

Yay!  Thanks zabnat, I'll come up with a new topic momentarily. :) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk