Sprite Jam 9 - 15 Aug 06 Winner announced ...

Started by buloght, Wed 09/08/2006 16:56:39

Previous topic - Next topic

buloght

Topic: Biker Gang

Make a sprite (in any style) that will fit into a game that resolves around Bikers and their gang, like Full Throttle. So desgin your own girl/guy biker (no bike needed) and I guess it would be a good thing if he/she wears something showing what gang he belongs to, though just a colour theme in itself would be sufficient, or something.

Rules:
Max 150x150 res
Max 24 Colours

Hope people join the challenge :). Shining trohies awaits thee (though it should be noted that we do not compete for them but for the invaluable experience and knowledge gained in the art of spriting   :=)

R4L

Not a main character sprite but:

It really is hard being a kid nowadays!

Not sure if it qualifies...

57x67 23 colors

Afflict

SWEET TOPIC!

IM IN !

BTW does it have to be... full throttle style or any style?

buloght

In any style of course  :)

Of course it qualifies rap :).

Ishmael

I know you didn't ask for a robot in black and white, but I did one. And I also know it didn't fit in the picture.

100x150 pixels, 2 colours.

¬¬
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

nihilyst

5x

16 colours or something ...

Come and beat me!

cheers
nihilyst

Shade

vict0r

Name: Moustache Bob

Gang: Boston Red-Rags

Mad

This is Wee ole Joe:

He's in the Street-bound Air-men Gang, the STAGS!

buloght

Great entries everyone, it's gonna be tough deciding. For those yet to enter (hopefully lots  :) ) you can do any kind of bike gang, for example if the local pizza schooter delivery guys went rebel and decided to make a gang and terrorize the populous ... anything. The entries so far are perfect :).

charliechuck

Meet Butch the Biker, from the Clacton-on-Sea Hell's Angels

16 colours

PureGhostGR

Here is my entry:

90x150 pixels
24 colors

[normal version]

[zoomed version]

I wanted to create a mixture between a sci-fi and a traditional biker. I think I would like to picture him inside an alternative reality setting with sharp and stylistic angles in the design.

Although bikers are not my usual cup of tea in pixel drawing, I really had fun making this one.

Ago75

Hi there, this is my pic for the contest... it take me three hours of hard work, and probably it's too late... but here (in Italy) it's still August 14 2006, so maybe...
I've used the fantastic Pro Motion Software (that is almost a clone of Deluxe Paint II... ahhh old memories...)

Sorry for my English!!!

Ps.: 24 colors!!! Argh!

Illustrious

Hello everyone,
Im a biker myself so I wanted to place a racer influence into my sprite.
I am a complete beginner and this took me about 3hours solid, I just needed to enter this competition to see wait you all think of my work, it is my first ever sprite! ( Abit rushed as I wanted to just complete it and post it)
I was very pleased at how it all came into itself while i was creating it, I am so inspired by all you guys who can create fantastic work.
I will definately get involved in all I can in this great forum!!

zoomed in

You may think, wheres the bike but I thought I'd create a pose without one, just to make it a bit different. Urmm, the gang he belongs to!? Biker Boyz I guess.
Sorry if it doesnt quite conform to specs

Peace to all!

(One day I will get a nice shiny trophy!!)

buloght

Competition closed ... decision pending ...

Hello all, Thanks for all the cool entries, the winners are (and receive trophies from the bigbluecup-gang, have tm cup on their jackets, the gold leader, the silver chick and the bronze thug). ...

3rd:Nihilyst
Skill at small size was the winner

2nd:Mad
Brilliant style and execution, and cool idea!

winner:Ago75
That is an awesome sprite Ago75, congratulations! Remember to start a new one.

Afflict

I totaly forgot about his! Man that sucks i never finished up the sprite, just shows you when work gets to busy! GRGRRGRRRRR

Anyway this is what i had this far :(

Anyway

Congrats too everyone really styling pics! Especially AGO75! Nice one!

Illustrious

Hey afflict, thats a mighty fine sprite you didnt quite finish!
After making my decision on creating the sprite I entered, I have learned quite a good deal. Cant wait for the next sprite competition!!

Afflict

Thanks, Ago75 has to host the next one. I am sure the new one will be up soon.

Mad

Hey thanks buloght!

Really cool sprite there, Ago75, a true winner!

But wow a silver S-jam trophy, I'm moving up.
One day the golden trophy will be mine, oh yes it WILL BE MINE!!!

Sorry, got carried away there... but start the new one already, Ago75.

Ago75

Many thanks to everyone!!  ;D

I'm trying to think to something original for the new contest.

I'll open the new competition as soon as possible!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk