Animation challenge: 5th september - 15th september - Winner announced

Started by zabnat, Tue 05/09/2006 21:24:05

Previous topic - Next topic

zabnat

I was thinking how to make animating for people easier (my last sprite wasn't too easy to animate) and I tried going for smaller size and less color.

Ok. Meet a generic protagonist from a generic snes rpg. Your job is to make him/her/it to attack the monster. Monster can be your basic goomba/slime or whatever. Extra points from creative attack routine.

I also provide you with a generic antagonist so you don't have to bother drawing one ;)

Let's get to work. I might also make some trophies for all you trophy lovers :)

SinSin

Currently working on a project!

sergiocornaga

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/sergiocornaga/mausman.gif

This isn't really and entry, I'll probably make a better one later. But until then, he's attacking some form of invisible giant...  :=

fentongames

My first competition entry!Ã,  ;D

I used The Gimp to create this 38 frame long animation. I spent about an hour and a half on it. I apoligise for a bit of bag quality at times, I haven't fully mastered animation yet and the Gimp isn't that good at resizing.

2x.
Time Kid, coming this summer.

zabnat

Quote from: fentonfilms on Wed 06/09/2006 20:58:55
I used The Gimp to create this 38 frame long animation. I spent about an hour and a half on it. I apoligise for a bit of bag quality at times, I haven't fully mastered animation yet and the Gimp isn't that good at resizing.

Some tips:
It seems you had bilinear/bicubic filtering set for image interpolation hence the blurry images. I don't know about Gimp but in Photoshop you can set the desired image interpolation method from settings and this affects all the layer/selection resizing operations. Set it to nearest neighbour and it won't become blurry. If there is no such a setting or you can't find it another option could be to paint over the blurry image to get nice and crisp image.

Great entries so far people. Hope we get a lot more :)

u1bd2005

I dont realy think Ill win, but I need the practice so i'll enter anyway.

This is my first attempt at an animation with more than 3 frames.

Shade

Neil Dnuma

Xellie

I'm not very experienced with animation, but thougt I'd do it for practice... could still use some refinement at the end, but what the heck, here's my try:

Just wash your hands after viewing...Ã,  ;)

EagerMind

I'm not experienced in animation either, so this took me forever to do.  :P

Seems like there was a lot of anger being vented on some of the other forums, so I was inspired to do something along the lines of "can't we all just get along?"

Hmmm, I guess not ....

petazzo

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
(Groucho Marx)

Coolio

This is my first ever entry in one of these.
I haven't done much animating before, but here's my attempt. ;D

mmmmm... sparkly

zabnat

Sorry for the delay.

All the entries were really awesome and some of them really made me laugh out loud :)
Overall a very good competition with lots of entries. I am very pleased.
The decision was really hard one to make, but here it is.

3rd place: petazzo
Prize: The bronze animal catcher bear.

2nd place: EagerMind
Prize: The silver hugging bear.

1st place: Neil Dnuma
Prize: The golden showering bear ;D

Over to you Neil.

Neil Dnuma

Golden shower! Ouch!

Thanks very much, lotsa great entries. I'll have a new comp up as soon as I get a sprite done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk