Offer Your Services - 2004 to 2011

Started by , Wed 21/04/2004 00:05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Lexington

I'd like to offer up my services as Game Finisher! Have an unfinished project you just can't work on, but don't want to see die? Well, send me the whole shebang, with some notes on how you'd like it to end, and, provided it'll work with AGS 2.72 (although it shouldn't be a problem), I'll gladly complete it for you so you can show off that great idea you had before you got sidetracked with an even better one!

Naturally, there are some rules.

*Don't expect super quality graphics, but if I must supply new sprites and/or backgrounds, I'll do my best to match your style so it isn't inconsistent.
*Game should be at least half to 3/4 of the way done.
*English games only, please (well, unless you don't mind if there's no dialog)
*The game would be finished as soon as I could get to it, but no sooner!
*I will definitely not add any music. Unless you wouldn't mind a score played on the harmonica.
*As I am waiting for my own project to pick up some momentum, I do have the right to suspend both your project (although it wouldn't be very nice, so I probably wouldn't) and this offer.

I'd love the experience, so, if you're interested, just drop me a PM explaining what the game is about, how complete it is, if you have an ending for it, and a screen shot or two to give me the graphical feel.

Oh, and, I'd gladly do any 3D modeling for any project anywhere, although my skill level is questionable.

EDIT: And I would proof read just about anything. If I know anything, it's the English language.

EDIT2: Deleted a rule.

Max

Hello everyone,
I'm posting here to offer my services to the community - I'm looking to get involved in other projects as well as my own.
What can I offer?

Character Art: I am an art student, and I particularly enjoy creating interesting characters. Computer-based art is fairly new to me, I'm still learning all the various software functions available. Perhaps unusually, I do opt for a generally more realistic look (see my current avatar). I'm really flexible, I can do pretty much anything.
Story Design: I really do know my way around the English language, and I'm intending to put this to good use. I'd love to help anyone interested in a writing partner, or simply just some help in moulding an exciting plot. This leads nicely on to...
Proof Reading: I can easily check any (literary) script for mistakes.
Play-testing: I don't have any redeeming skill when it comes to this, it's just simply something I'd like to try.
Translating: Lastly, I am competent at translating German, preferably German-to-English, but both ways work too.

I hope to hear from some of you guys soon!  :)
Max
In the opposite direction of progress... >:(

spann

Hey there. Before I start, let me apologise if this is in the wrong section - I did check if there was anywhere more suitable.

Anyway, as an impending Music Technology graduate, I am currently looking for any experience/involvement I can get, and I thought the AGS community would be a good place to look.

I am offering:

- Music Composition

- Sound Design

- Sound Effects

Literally, anything audio based, even if you need a male voiceover! 

I can have work completed in just about any format (mp3, aiff, wav, midi etc), and to meet just about any reasonable deadline, and all I ask is that I am mentioned in your credits!

If anyone is interested, post in this thread, or e-mail me at:

ffarsikal@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you,

Spann.
Coz Spann Says So.

Stupot

I'd like to offer myself up as a translator-cum-proofreader for anyone whose English is not so good.
When I say "translator" I mean translating bad English into good (I'm not bilingual yet, but I'm working on Japanese).
As well as simply correcting spelling and grammar I can enhance the dialogue to suit the atmosphere and draw the player into your world.

If anyone thinks they might need my help, please PM me or Email me at stu@toxicsock.co.uk

alix2468

Hi!

I would like to offer my services as:
  • Proof-reader in English.
  • Translator from French to English.
  • Rough translator from English to French.

I was helping on Emma Roïde but the project has come to a stand-still and I would like something else to work on.

As far as qualifications are concerned, I am a fluent English speaker (from Kansas!) and toyed with the idea of becoming an English major at KU before settling on History. I took French lessons for 7 years, from junior high through part of college. In fact, I was a French minor. Though I am no where close to fluent, I read it quite well and can translate a game into English, as long as I have some context in the game. I can also do a rough translation into French from English if an English-speaking game designer wanted to put it into French for a French person to proofread.

I have a lot of free time right now, and even once I get back into school, I should have time to work on any projects (I don't sleep! ;D) for whomever would like my help. If you would like to use my services, please PM me or email me.

I look forward to working with you,

Alix A.
alix2468@hotmail.com
Buster: We have unlimited juice? (Laughs.) This party is going to be off the hook!

ComposerGuy

MUSIC

I hold a Bachelor of Music Composition degree from the University of North Texas College of Music.  I studied film/tv/game music under Dr. Alan W. Oldfield (a 30 veteran in Hollywood as an orchestrator, composer and session musician), and studied concert composition under the critically acclaimed Dr. Cindy McTee.  I have written for various film projects and documentaries and also have several concert works to my credit.  My style is primarily orchestral, but I am perfectly capable of anything you may need.  Samples of my previous work are available upon request.

I just want an outlet to write where I can have some fun!

I can be contacted via PM, or the following email address:   Tanner_br@hotmail.com
Ask me about composing music for your project!
Highly qualified, track record of success, and always on-time.

dunnoson

-deleted-
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

Khris

I HAVE A JOB FOR YOU!!

Proof-read the forum rules.

scnr ;D

stevetheblack

I'd like to offer my services as the following:

Story Design
I would love to write an adventure game from the ground up, however first of all I think it would be prudent to assist someone else with their story first.  I would happily provide assistance with expanding a plot, crafting dialogue or anything involving the writing of a project.  I do have previous writing credits in a few machinima episodes created in the games Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy, which I wrote with the creator of the series in question.   

I'm about to start a master's course in media writing in September, and as a result any writing I can get my hands on will be treated as though it were part of my course and will be given my fullest attention and effort.

Voice Actor
I have a little experience in providing voices for computer games, at least on an amateur level.  I have provided voices for the machinima that I co-wrote (even before I was invited to help write it).  I started as a minor character in a singleplayer modification, before graduating up into the role of the main character in its sequel, and finally into the machinima series as another main character.

I have a southern English accent and can do a few accents, with varying degrees of success.

Play Tester
I must admit I don't have much experience actually play testing games, although I have played an awful lot of them so if there is a problem that needs fixing, or a bug that needs squashing, I'm pretty likely to find it.

If you want to contact me about anything then feel free to PM me, or email me at: stevetheblack@gmail.com

Thanks for reading  :)

Dualnames

-DELETED-
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Lionmonkey

I haven't completed a game before, so I think I need to get some experience.

Here's what I can do:

Translate and correct stylistic mistakes (maybe even help with accents and slang) from and to:
1) English (got some kind of an award in the regional competition).
2) Latvian (like if someone need that).
3) And also great and mighty Russian!

Help with story, background story or whatever of this kind designing.

Help with reference materials by surfing the Internet.

Invent awesome ideas. (Not guaranteed)

Keep the team's morality above critical level. (Not guaranteed, especially if I've got a blues).

Design the game description (oh yes, the terribly hated PR).

What do I ask for this: Nothing, I'm doing this for experience not for fame. You won't have to put me in the credits, I won't be shouting around that I helped creating the game.

If you are interested, contact me by this email:
Lionmonkey@inbox.lv
since I'm too lazy for checking this thread.

vict0r

I'd like to offer my services within the trade of backgrounds.

I am a fluent English speaker and writer, and I'll have no problems with communicating with other team members. I go to school, so I can't devote all my time to whatever project you have for me, but I won't abandon you.

Some examples of my newer artwork:

Sketch/wip:

You can also check out other posts I've made earlier in the CL or the competitions section of the forum.

I'd prefer it if you could PM me, but here is my mail as well: "victor.knai "at" gmail "dot" com"

WAKEman Mix

My services....

Im a music/record producer/song writer who provides commercial standard productions in all genres...

ive been in the music biz for 20years, and produce many tracks that have been featured on many radio stations and MTV plays etc....

I can create music from full orchestra to high energy dance music, whichever suits the games type.
Im currently working on music for PS3 game next year, featuring full orchestra dramatic soundtracks..

if interested, I'm always looking to help homebrewer developers to produce music, which i provide for free and for credits etc...

I have a State of the Art Production Studio, which i can produce Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound formats in 5.1 and the 7.1 format too.

Look forward to hearing from you
check out the myspace page for example tunes...

Sorry about the post on the other thread, but you guys, seem to have a really tight forum.... Just a little to many rules for my liking.. but great source for gamers.. !!

Regards
WAKEman Mix
www.wakemanmix.co.uk
www.myspace.com/wakemanmix

stiive1

Quote from: m0ds on Wed 21/04/2004 00:05:24

Speech/Talkie Recording
If you are willing to create speech files or do voice acting for a talkie game.

Music
If you are happy to make music for other peoples projects.

Hi!

My name is Stian, and i'm a 19 year old musician from Norway. I have experience with the
Power Tab Editor, and it allows me to export music in the midi-format, which i know a lot of AGS game-developers use.

I like to play AGS-games in my spare time, and enjoy the wonderful graphics and riddles. I think that some of the games lack good musical scores. I want to help developers here. Please let me know if you need themes for your music.

Understand this, I want to participate in serious projects. I'm not saying that I am too good for anyone, but please do not contact me unless you really are making a game.

Let me check out your game, background and characters. The storyline inspires me. If a character needs a theme, sometimes the visual image of the character is enough for me to make a musical version of him/her.

I am sorry to say that I have no examples of MIDI-music, and I understand that this seems a bit unserious. But I'm really into these games, and I can only help with the musical part.

I assure you that I don't need to be binded with your game. Even though I make you a song, it doesn't mean that I have to make the entire score. We can talk this over. If I make music that you don't like, or want to change, I'm not very stubborn. We can figure it out!

Add me on MSN Messenger if you want to discuss musical scores, or just send me a PM or reply here.

I will post some examples soon. I make every kind of music, whatever theme you are looking for. Caribbeanish, Horror or happy, I can do it!

stianii@hotmail.com

-Stian.

Haddas

I'm here to lend a hand in making

Music: I can make a whole lot of different styles of music.

Voice acting: Click here for a short demonstration!

guttervan

offering of thine services,<

Music:  Can put together sounds/compositions/effects/.audio alterations

sounds on site

paolo

I thought I had posted in this thread already, but my name doesn't show up on a search...

* Proof-reading of English, French and Italian
* Translation between English and French (either way)
* Translation between English and Italian (either way)
* Beta-testing (checking for bugs, typos, inconsistences, weirdness, clunkiness, etc)

Max_Payne

I offer my help in translating English into Bulgarian or vice-versa and I'd be glad to help anyone who needs my help.

N.M.Music

Hi everyone! I am in love with adventure games and have SUCH admiration for their creators so to help anyone out with theirs would be such an honour.  :)

Music
I ultimately want to be a composer, and I play solo piano and acoustic guitar. I would say my style was minimalist with both instruments. I am currently very broke and cannot afford to rent a piano anymore so I rarely get a chance to compose or record with one, but if the right project came along I could definitely spend some money to record in a studio. I can record guitar to MP3/wav easily with my quite professional mic, and this music tends to be pretty simple and wallpapery - think of the soundtracks to About a Boy or Brokeback Mountain. In minor keys the solo guitar definitely creates an eerie and somber vibe.

I have 5 solo piano tracks for streaming at www.myspace.com/natashamiren and although I don't have any guitar tracks online yet, here is a video of one of them --> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eYrV1j35SSs
I plan to record a more guitar songs in the next few days so if you want me to send you any, don't hesitate to ask!

Voice acting
I've always dreamed of voicing a character in an adventure game! I have my own mic to record good quality MP3/wav format so could do this any time. Let's see...I'm a girl so obviously have a female voice, and have pretty much a general American accent. Please feel free to message me if you want to hear a sample.

Proofreading
I am a geek when it comes to the English language and was an English tutor for some time (not to mention aspiring author and poet) so would gladly proofread for anyone! Mind you, I spell the British way.

Translating English --> Dutch
I read Dutch fluently (I'm half Dutch and lived there for 11 years) but my brain tends to not work when translating from English TO Dutch. So, if anyone needs some Dutch translated into smooth, flawless English, I would be more than honoured!

Thank you all for your time.  :D

- Tash

shatteredhalo

nevermind, just found some work to do. thanks for the forum, though!! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk