Photoshop Phraturday Biweekly... March 31 - April 14

Started by esper, Sat 31/03/2007 14:58:21

Previous topic - Next topic

esper

Hmmpph. I always wanted to be the guy who selected a blitz topic. I didn't want to have to because no one else wanted to. Ali asked me to helm this one, since I got an honorable mention last time.

What is a Photoshop Saturday?

Photoshopping isn't drawing a completely new image -- It's editing images to create a new image, such as editing one image or combining several images. The contest usually lasts for a fortnight. Also, you don't have to specifically use Photoshop -- Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, or any other programs can be used, even Mario Paint.

(I question the possibility of Photoshopping with Mario Paint, but the above is a cut 'n' paste, so...)

Ready for the challenge? Here it is...

Photoshop a scene from your favorite media using scenes from another favorite media!

By this, I mean, take a scene from your favorite movie, television show, or music video, comic book, graphic novel, comic strip, or video game, and use it to show a scene from your favorite movie, television show, music video, comic book, graphic novel, video game, or book.

Take Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, for example, and photoshop him into World of Warcraft. Take Hulk Hogan and make him perform for Amy Lee in an Evanescence music video. Take the characters from Peanuts and show them acting out a scene from Stephen King's "The Stand."

Hopefully, this will be fun. The one rule I'd like to enforce, though, is that there is some sort of image manipulation or compositing and not just an already-existing picture with word bubbles, captions, or subtitles.

The comp will last a fortnight, as usual, from Saturday to Saturday two weeks hence (which actually gives you 15 days).

Ready? Steady? GO!
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

zabnat

I wondered where this competition went. Great to have it back, I missed it already ;)
Although I was expecting a topic like:
Quote from: Andail on Sun 25/03/2007 19:40:08
I demand an "Indy in the 70's" photoshop phriday!
;)

Definitely going to take part on this one, now off to do research...

InCreator

esper

Ha! That's great. I think I'm going to throw together an image myself just to help kick things off a bit, but I think InCreator should win just because 300 is worthy of winning anything. Come on, peeps, let's do this thing.

Kreator

Well i've never done a photoshop Saturday challenge before, (mainly cause im a newbie), so i might as well give it a shot!

Da_Elf

used about 7 images to make this one. the waterfall, the castle, the horse and knight, a lance (since i didnt find a good knight with lance), a swan (wings) a bat (wings) a komodo dragon

monkey0506

Where's the media Da_Elf?

*Good job, 'cept the positioning of the Pegasus could use some work.*

esper

Pegasi fly, remember :D

All of a sudden this comp exploded. Let's see what else we can get !!! Another week and a bit left!

Da_Elf

it is flying, i wanted to find a horse which was rearing up but no luck

Kreator

Ok, Here is my entry!  :)
I didnt use photoshop, paint shop or MS Paint, I used Paint.NET; it probably wasnt the best program to use, but it got the job done!

Doom + Company of Heroes  ;)

Neil Dnuma

It's Roger Wilco fixing up HAL 2000

esper

Medical Waste

THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

LGM

Yea, I don't think people are quite grasping the idea for this. Though admittedly Neil's entry is quite awesome (and follows the rules).
You. Me. Denny's.

HillBilly

I kinda cheated. Didn't care much for 'The Ring 2'. 'Corpse Bride' was a splendid piece of puppet animation, though.

esper

Allrighty then, everybody. Anyone with last minute entries, bring 'em on in. I think it's roughly, like, eighteen hours or so remaining in this comp.

esper

Okay, I got called in to work, so I'm going to have to call a stop to this three hours early, but I don't think anyone was going to submit in those last few hours anyway. Thanks to all the people who submitted and helped to keep this great, but sadly perishing, contest alive. The decision was broken down thus:

Third is The Dnumanator for being the first to actually follow the rules of this contest. It took me forever to actually see what was going on there, but it is indeed brilliant and does follow the rules of the competition.

Second is zabnat for chancing to use the adventure game genre. Very nice, very nice.

But, in the end there can be only one, and that one is Christopher Lambert. AKA Connor Macleod, AKA HILLBILLY for doing his homework and finding out that I'm a fan of the japanese horror genre before posting. Samara / Sadako rules supreme.

Conngratulations to everyone else who submitted for their good work and keen PhotoShop skills. You've earned the prestigious and coveted "consolation prize / participation award / Failure to Read the Rules chastisement" trifecta award. Good work, bad reading skills :D

Thanks again to everyone. HillBilly, it's your turn.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk