Mockup Blitz :: Oct 31. to Nov 11.

Started by Kaio, Wed 31/10/2007 14:53:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaio

Mockup Blitz #2

Because the last Mockup Blitz gave not everybody the time to enter, I'll start a new one now!

TheJBurger came up with the idea 2 weeks ago and many people wanted to do another round instead of having the traditional Background Blitz back again. This new round will realy show how successful the Mockup Blitz is and if it could be a new permanent alternative to Background Blitz in future.

For everybody, who doesn't know, what Mockup Blitz is:

"Your objective is to create an adventure game mockup. This means that you must create a scene exactly as it would look as if you were playing a game. You must design the interface, the main character (if 3rd person view) or any other characters, and the background."

Examples: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=32677.0

Ok, we also need a new theme on this one. The last theme (MOVIES to ADVENTURE GAMES) was very popular, so we might try something similar:

Non-Adventure Games to Adventure Games

Rules:
Translate a non-adventure game of your choice to a classical point and click adventure. Translate also the GUI and characters of the game to make them fit into your adventure game mockup!
You also have to keep in mind the

Size and Palette Restrictions

of 320 * 200 pixels and 256 colors.

The Voting is similar as in the first Mockup Blitz:

Idea: The main idea of the mockup and how well it translates into an adventure game.
Background: How well the background is executed.               
Characters: How well the characters are executed.
Interface: How well the interface suits the mockup and the scene.

I hope most of you guys are happy with my choice. And now I wanna see some "Legend of Zelda" and "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." Adventure Game Mockups!  :D

btw: Maybe there will be some awards for the winners...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Not an entry, but couldn't resist...

Click on the image for full-screen.

No bonus points for guessing the game.

And if anyone spots the mistake in the text, I shall cover my behind by stating it's the interpreter that's buggy. So there.

EDIT - Can you believe I've seen this thread a dozen times and only now I saw the "classical point and click" bit? Ah well. Was still fun.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Oddysseus

This was the first thing I thought of. Yes, it's very stupid (but where's your entry?  :P)

The bullseye is the cursor, for you slow kids in the back.

Kaio

Well, maybe it would be good, if the people who present a mockup would kinda introduce it a bit. Or at least tell us, which game was taken and trasformed into a adventure game mockup.  ;)

EDIT: - Oh, and yeah...don't forget that this is still a background blitz (just with a little bit modified rules)...soo...what about having a bit more background in your mockups?  ::)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Anyone who doesn't recognize Asteroids has no place in a forum where everyone still plays and replays pixelated adventures.

:=
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Akatosh

Shoot? Don't shoot? Oh, the moral implications!  :P

Kaio

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Sat 03/11/2007 10:01:11
Anyone who doesn't recognize Asteroids has no place in a forum where everyone still plays and replays pixelated adventures.

:=

>:( :( :-\ :) ;)

Khris

Wow, two entries so far and both violate the rules :=

*spot reserved*

Akatosh

I've got something in the works. Spot reserved.

Sylvr

| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

TheJBurger

It's okay Rui, I still like your entry.

My entry:
(RESIDENT EVIL 4 - The survival-horror adventure game!)

In my continued quest to experiment with techniques, I limited myself to only 2 layers while creating most of the background (which may or may not have been a good idea) and I painted it all in grayscale. After I had about the whole background finished, I added a bunch of other layers to add details, and some color layers (for what little color there is).

Also, kaioshin, you may want to note that the voting categories (at least the ones I had in mind) are not specifically for the technical and artistical aspects of the mockup. Perhaps it being more along the lines of the implementation and how well of a job it did.

vict0r

Akatosh

Uh... bad news, I fear.

Quote from: kaioshin on Wed 31/10/2007 14:53:45

Still awesome, though.  :o

TheJBurger

Quote from: Akatosh on Mon 05/11/2007 20:31:35
Uh... bad news, I fear.

Quote from: kaioshin on Wed 31/10/2007 14:53:45

Still awesome, though.  :o

It's 320x200 and it is 256 colors. I don't know how to check it right now, but that's what I set it at. Check yourself.  :P

Khris

Akatosh, I hope you don't suggest the pic was bigger than 320x200...
It isn't and has exactly 256 colors. Don't guess, check.

Makeout Patrol

Well, this was a bit of fun.

(It's supposed to be Doom.)

Akatosh

... all right, I'd better not make up complaints that aren't thrice-checked and get another palette checking thingamajiggy. Sorry.  :P

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

monkey0506

Quote from: Eggie on Wed 07/11/2007 19:26:21I really want to play Jburgers...

After looking at JBurger's entry I literally shouted aloud: "I wanna play!!!" :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk