Fortnightly Writing Competition WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Colxfile, Tue 01/07/2008 19:08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Colxfile

Welcome to the the latest round of the Fortnightly Writing Competition! :)

At last, a new theme for a new competition. And here it is:

"Something Stupid"

Something said or something done? By whom? It really is up to you.

ENTRY RULES:
- Write a story of around 500-600 words. *
- Entries must be in before July 15th
- Post your entries (or link to your entry) in this thread
- Voting will take place on the 16th-17th of June
- The winner sets the subject for the next competition and starts the next competition

VOTING RULES:
- All voters have a maximum of two votes of equal value. One vote for one entry.
- One meber one vote. Two votes when there's two entries? Nah.
- Voting ends at 23:59EST on Thursday the 17th of July. Any votes made after that point don't count.

Trophies:
- Wait and see! But don't get too excited.

(*) The word count is just a guide, and not a target. Don't worry too much about falling short or going over: let your story finish as naturally as you can. Quality not quantity etc
Always carry a UV marker pen with you. When you go to a shop or a friend's house, if you see something you like, put your name and postcode on it. If it gets stolen and subsequently recovered, the police will get in touch with you so that they can 'return' it.

Colxfile

Please continue to keep your enthusiasm for this round under wraps. I understand completely that the last thing you want to do is to put other people off entering by appearing so excited that your entry will be the greatest ever. :=

Will I win by default if no-one enters? :o
Always carry a UV marker pen with you. When you go to a shop or a friend's house, if you see something you like, put your name and postcode on it. If it gets stolen and subsequently recovered, the police will get in touch with you so that they can 'return' it.

bartillier

haha sorry i wont enter either but the last two replies previous to mine are hilarious  :D

Tuomas

rock_chick

Considering there's only a few days left to enter perhaps extending it by at least 2 days might be a good idea, at least to avoid just having one entry, after all it's not a competition without more than one person entering.

Tuomas

Quality not quantity eh?

I'm afraid I exceeded the limit a bit (1863  :-[), but I got carried away, and I really wouldn't want to erase my text, because I like my story. So, I take it that it's up to you if it's legal, or we could ask the common opinion.

Please, do enjoy  :), this one is for you guys!

Something Stupid

Colxfile

I'll say it's okay. I suppose I'd better start making some trophies...

That'll teach me to set slightly contradictory rules.  :-[

I'm not particularly minded to push back the deadline, unless more people ask for it.

TwinMoon

I whipped up something stupid last minute to battle Tuomas for the first place ;)

Tuomas

Damn you!  ;)

Though that was a nice read. A funny story, and closer to the given limits than mine. Good luck with it  8)

Colxfile

Roll up and vote, everyone!  :) Which of the two stories did you like the most?

Iiiin the red corneeerrr... Tuomas with his story Something Stupid
Aaaand iiiin the blue corneeerrr... TwinMoon with his story Dumb Kids

Since we only attracted two entries this time, I have made a decision that you now only have one vote each.

Voting ends when Thursday ends. (Well... 23:59 EST, anyway) Vote away!

Tuomas

I find myself olidged to vote for TwinMoon - Dumb Kids. and I don't feel bad, it was a good story!

TwinMoon

I'm a sucker for well-written children's stories like Winnie-the-Pooh, Wind in the Willows and Alice in Wonderland, so my vote goes to Tuomas, also because it was the better story.

Colxfile

And so, I present the winner and runner-up:

Runner-Up: TwinMoon

Winner: Tuomas

Congratulations to Tuomas, who must now host the next round, and wins the coveted winner's trophy! A trophy that says "victory", "triumph" and "I couldn't think of a better trophy design, please don't kill me for being too obvious."

Tuomas

I see.

Thanks, I guess, I'll be starting a new one immediately.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk