Animation Competition: Through the Looking Glass (WINNERS!)

Started by , Thu 16/10/2008 18:40:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

matti allowed me to relaunch the animation competition, and I hope I will live up to the high standards set by those before me. *cracks knuckles*

Rules
* a sprite is supplied, setting the theme for the competition
* participants must use the sprite and create an animation from it
* the sprite itself must be the first frame of the animation. After that, go nuts.

Through the Looking Glass
Create an animation using the supplied mirror as a "magical transportation". You could have someone step into the mirror. Someone step out of the mirror. Or whatever else you can come up with... Something could happen- I included the traditional banana skin for an obvious bit of slapstick, but you can ignore it and come up with something else (or nothing at all).

As discussed in the last thread, and considering the theme, I think 22 days are really fair; so put on your wizarding hats, launch some spells and give it a go!

Matti

Hehe, funny theme...

finally:

DanielH

A competition beginning in october, ending in september,

A Time travelling competition!?

Clearly some evil force is attempting to take the AGS community back in time a month. What possible plan could Ghost have in mind?

markbilly

Well, judging by the last one, it could go the whole year round... :P

Ghost

Curses, my evil sheme to host an enternal loop has been foiled by attentive AGS forum members!  :-X

Play_Pretend

It's not time traveling if we had until September of 3008 to finish. :)

derboo

Doesn't need to be that long... 2108 would already qualify.

Ghost

Well now, regardless of the time debate, time *is* getting short  ;)
matti, you still aboard? Anybody else? Would be nice to know if I can go and drawmake up some shinies...

Matti

Oh damn, I totally forgot about that one..

Yeah, I'm still aboard. I have some time tomorrow and will hopefully finish it then..

Ryan Timothy B

I would have tried to toss something into the Promotion program, but my 30 day trial ran out months ago. :P

abstauber

My just in time entry:

Keeping a Dalek busy
(Dr.Who rules :D)

You are an enemy of the Daleks!
EX-TER-MI-NATE

Matti

Nice entry, abstauber. Very polished, especially the reflection on the mirror is nice. I guess my entry won't stand a chance.

Ghost, could you expand the dealine for a day? I've got far with my animation but I'm afraid I can't finish it today, I somehow overstrained myself a bit.

abstauber

Hey thanks matti!
The effect is easy to achieve (using PM): just choose "Transcluent" as paintmode, pick a rather dark color and draw some random lines on the mirror, done.

Hopefully Ghost extends the deadline so I'll see your entry. And I'm pretty sure your entry will actually be a tough competition  8)

@Ryan Timothy: Why not using GraphicsGale?

Anteater

The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread is the scene in Legend where Darkness reaches his hand out to Princess Lili through a mirror. Really freaked me out when I first saw it.

Ghost

matti, your wish is my command. Let's extend the deadline to Monday the 10th. I'll be pretty busy this weekend anyway, my grandad celebrates his 81st birthday ;)

Aaaaaand abstauber, wicked entry- nice to see a fan of the Doctor.

Domino

abstauber, that animation is great.  Really good job on it.

It sucks that NeoPaint has the crappiest animation features. Just look at my Avatar.

:)

Trent R

Quote from: Domino on Fri 07/11/2008 23:59:29
It sucks that NeoPaint Domino has the crappiest animation features skills.
:D jk

Matti- You're entry better be good!

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Matti

I hope everyone (except Trent R and abstauber) didn't expect too much. It was a rather silly idea and since I made it in a hurry it's everything else than polished.

Ghost

abstauber

Phew, now I understand why it took you so much time - I especially like the first jump of the banana!
Well, time to chew some fingernails ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk