MODULE: CustomDialogGui 1.9

Started by abstauber, Sun 14/12/2008 16:03:36

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

Abstract
Abstract: With this module you can add all sorts of dialog GUIs.
          Think of it as an easy to use interface to AGS' native DialogOptionsRendering

Dependencies 
AGS 3.4 or later

Version

Github
https://github.com/dkrey/ags_customdialog

Downloads
https://github.com/dkrey/ags_customdialog/releases/

Screenshots
icon based:

text based:

high-res and bottom up sorting:

Revision History
Since this is on github now, you can follow the changes there.

Enjoy :D

Dualnames

That sure looks cool.. nice sales pitch!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

That's quite nice.  It looks like you have it allow as much vertical space as necessary for the text but the horizontal is locked to the limits of the gui?  Or is there some upper limit to the number of characters as well?

abstauber

I don't know if I get you right, but currently there's no horizontal scrolling as I'm using word wrap. So if you have a really long string, it might get wrapped three times, but is still shown.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Dualnames

Abs? Is this compatible with 640x480 reso?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

abstauber

I haven't used high res coordinates, so if not pixel perfect. But apart from that it works fine.
If you're using it in high res you might want to turn off the outer border line though. Edit: That should work now too.

Dualnames

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 16/12/2008 16:30:55
I haven't used high res coordinates, so if not pixel perfect. But apart from that it works fine.
If you're using it in high res you might want to turn off the outer border line though.

It works apart from the arrows. The clickable area is weird and doesn't work properly.

abstauber

You still have the mousewheel ;D
But thanks for the hint, i'll look into that.

Dualnames

I 've implemented it into my game and will still use it, but I just made all the dialog non clickable.

abstauber

Could it be, that you're not using the current version?
I just re-checked 640x480, it works great. The issues you're having sound like v1.1 ;)

Dualnames

I'm using 1.1 so I just got unlucky..thanks abs.

abstauber

very welcome. Thanks to you I could iron out two more bugs. So if you're using line numbering, you should upgrade again ;)

TheMagician

Absolutely great and useful module Abstauber! ... makes custom dialog options look so easy  :D

However, I'm having trouble when translating the game.
Dialog options that have 'show' and 'say' enabled in the dialog editor only appear once in the translation file - which is the normal behaviour. So I enter the translation for that line, compile the game and this is what happens:
- The dialog box still shows the option in the original English version
- When I click on the option the character says the translated version.

I'm not sure if you can change this behaviour or whether it is a problem with an internal function of AGS.

abstauber

We should also thank kaputtnik for demanding that module :)
To be honest, I totally forgot about translations, but now it should work.

Pumaman

Great work with this :)

I think that the translation thing is actually a bug in the AGS Dialog.GetOptionText command, which should return the translated text. I'll get that fixed for 3.1.2, but your workaround of using GetTranslation should continue to work fine :)

kaputtnik

Quote from: abstauber on Wed 24/12/2008 12:35:39
We should also thank kaputtnik for demanding that module :)

It has been a pleasure. Demanding things and getting credit for is so top notch, I think I'll make this my professional goal. I will now go and become a film producer, see you soon.
I, object.

Galen

Excellent mate, just what I wanted (since the default dialog window is a bit dull).

Dualnames

Thing's were fine with this module, but for a reason I don't know now it's bugging my game. I'm using AGS 3.1.1 and everything was fine, but now I start a dialog I get this error.

This was tracked down by Leon, but after playing my game I got it as well.

EDIT: I want to use that module in my game..

Pumaman

Can you upload the crash dump file for me to check it out?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk