Animation Competition: Bows and Arrows (extended until 18th August)

Started by OneDollar, Sun 02/08/2009 14:14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

Theme
Archery! Your animation must show someone or something firing (or attempting to fire) an arrow with a bow. The type of bow and arrow are up to you.

Rules
- Your animation must follow the theme above.
- No size, colour or frame limits.
- You may animate the supplied sprite, modify and animate the supplied sprite or draw and animate your own sprite.
- All entries must be posted in this thread by the deadline below.
- The host of the competition will judge the winner.

Supplied Sprite

Remember you don't have to use this sprite, you can draw your own!

Deadline
All entries must be in by the 16th of August

Matti

I started something but won't be able to finish it today. Maybe I'll have it ready by tomorrow, I'm not sure. But you can start a new competition if you like..

OneDollar

I'll extend a couple of days until the 18th, let me know if that's not going to be long enough. Should be good enough for anyone who hasn't started yet to make something quickly... yes?

Andail

A pity noone went for this...it's really a good topic...would have given it a shot if I had the time

ThreeOhFour

Misj'

Nice animation Ben!

(Sorry, OneDollar, but I didn't have time to work on an animation this time)

Matti

Yay, the archer hits the apple!

Edit: Added one frame to make it smoother.

Edit 2: Replaced two messed up frames and changed the delays. Firefox still shows the animation in another speed than my graphics program... whatever.

OneDollar

OK, time to wrap this up. Two great entries - Ben demonstrating how to use a few frames to good effect and Matti producing a nice smooth animation (which looks a lot better since you fixed the two frames ;)).

Unfortunately according to the rules I have to pick a winner, and after much deliberating one entry finally edged ahead...

First place goes to Ben304!

Silver runner up goes to Mr Matti!

Thanks for the entries guys, and over to you Ben!

Matti

Congrats Ben. I hope the next competitions will be interesting too, since I'm regaining my appetite to animate stuff..

ThreeOhFour

Oh, radsauce, I wasn't the only entry  :D

Nice work, Matti, thanks OneDollar, and I hope you all come and join in the next comp :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk