Sprite Goober* : Aug. 13 - Aug. 22 (results)

Started by EdLoen, Thu 13/08/2009 21:11:28

Previous topic - Next topic

EdLoen

*Goober is a Smucker's product that has peanut butter and jelly together in a single jar (in case you never heard of it).

Anthropomorphic Mix-up

For those that are not fimiliar with the term Antrohopomorph--or "anthro" for short--it's
a term more often then not given to an animal--or non-human to be percise--character that
feature human characteristics.  Bugs Bunny, and other classic looney tunes characters, are
antrhopomorphs. The same with many of the classic Disney characters as well. Even adventure
games have their token anthropomorphic characters with Steve Purcell's Sam and Max.

I was gonna keep this to adventure game characters, but opening it up to all game characters may bring more entries.

The objective is to change *any* human video game character into an anthro character, or vice-versa (i.e., Antro to human).
An example of this (albeit maybe a poor one) would be to make Ben ( of Full Throttle) into an anthropomorphic skunk (polecat).

Rules/Guidelines

-Hi-res, Lo res, it doesn't matter.
    If Low res, no bigger then 80pxls either dimention.
    If Hi-res, no bigger then 250pxls either dimention.
-No color limits on either, but plese be within reason.
-The character should still be reconizible as that character to some degree.

*bonus* if the change in that character not only still resembles the character, but plays on something about that character (See Ben example above for a loose interpertation)

Hope this is an interesting enough topic...
And I gave a couple extra days so account for geting this going so late today.

Akatosh

Furry spriting contest, huh? I don't think we've had one of those yet.

So... does "any" include Max?  :=

EdLoen

I'd say turning a hyperkinetic rabbity thing into a hyperkinetic humany thing  is well within the rules (it is the vice versa part after all)  I actually did have Max as an example too, but i took it down to not detour anyone from doing him.

Misj'

Well, since I've done some Anthro's in recent competitions [here and here] this should be right up my alley. So if I can come up with something and find the time, I'll definately enter this one.

EDIT:

Posting this concept-art to show an idea I had (I'm not yet entirely happy with either the design, or the idea...but we'll see where it'll take me.)

EDIT:
At Monkey (below): In this version he would change into a real boy...or wait a minute, that might be some other story. I'm not sure anymore.  ;D

monkey0506

Ooh ohh ohh! Yes! Is funny because Bobbin turns into swan at end of game!!

For those who don't watch Family Guy...
Spoiler
The image is a link to YouTube.
[close]
[/size]
@Misj' (above :P): And here I was sure he was gonna transfigure into a wooden puppet... ::)

joelphilippage

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

We named the dog Indiana!

12 colors.

Bulbapuck

It's the Calavera-spider (or Achaearanea Calavera):

EdLoen

Great entries so far!  I'm also glass to see the bonus criteria's (while not required by any means) meaning wasn't lost in explanation =)

one more day folks =)

Misj'

Quote from: EdLoen on Sun 16/08/2009 13:31:31one more day folks =)
I'm sad to report that I won't have time to finish my sprite a little less-concept-arty...so it will have to do as my final sprite-entry. Considering that there are some really nice (and fun/original entries) you'll have a hard enough time to decide a winner as it is anyway :)

EdLoen

It sure was a tough one, but in the end, I think the win has to go to....

Misj'

Seems like you must've played the right notes because something about your entry just made me smile.

I was hoping to see and anthro-to-human conversion from someone too but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Thank you to everyone who entered =).

Misj'

Quote from: EdLoen on Sun 23/08/2009 21:17:34It sure was a tough one, but in the end, I think the win has to go to....

Misj'
Thanks! - I really didn't expect this considering the entries (but that doesn't make me any less proud of course ;) ).

I'll come up with a new Jam later today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk