Background Blitz: Horror Scene (Winner: Loominous!)

Started by Dualnames, Sat 01/05/2010 16:16:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Foreword
You like those creepy rooms in certain games? Yeah, horror giving rooms! From a torture chamber, to an empty gas chamber, to a room full of bodies.

Rules:
Make a background that can either disturb, disgust or give the chills to someone.
"Splatter is always welcome." -SMS
"I love horror!" - Asuka

The contest will be running until the 21st of May.

Voting: Same as the last time, public voting after the contest has concluded and a majority vote will determine the winner!
Here are the criteria for voting.

Sex
Sex
Sex

Ehm..

Idea - How strong and original is the concept? Is it a good response to the contest topic?
Technique - How well executed is the background as a piece of art within the chosen style?
Usefulness - How well would it work as an adventure game background, and how useful would the background be in a game?

Vote ends on 24th. So please all contestants at least should vote!

Trophies

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Questionable

If I have free time this week, I'll churn something out.
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

asuka_mercury

Ohhhhhhh yes. Horror is my thing. I'll def. be voting for this one.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dualnames

I'm not sure if the host can actually join the competition, but I might as well, show something.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grim

Well, I feel I should participate in this one:

Enjoy!

Dualnames

Do you really think putting a sexy woman covered in blood, can out-win a guy with his eyes dripping blood in a toilet?

[logic]Yes, of course[/logic]

Also, MORE GORE PEOPLE!!

Anian

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 07/05/2010 01:40:20
Do you really think putting a sexy woman covered in blood, can out-win a guy with his eyes dripping blood in a toilet?

[logic]Yes, of course[/logic]

Also, MORE GORE PEOPLE!!
Plus the woman is kind of hot.  ;D

Oh, I'll have some buisness to finish in the next few days, but am so gonna try to do this...the competition I mean, not what's shown in the pics.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

pilferinloot

I don't suppose you'd accept something hand drawn? I'd love to enter but I haven't got the time to finish it in paint. If not, submitting for fun is always good too.

EDIT: Thanks Dual :D

Hooray! A cult!

Dualnames

Quote from: pilferinloot on Sat 08/05/2010 02:20:09
I don't suppose you'd accept something hand drawn? I'd love to enter but I haven't got the time to finish it in paint. If not, submitting for fun is always good too

Sure pilf. Anything is accepted.  :D
I'd love to see something from you!!

Mad

A day at the dentist's:

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Jenn

Stupot

Grim... I now have a new wallpaper for my desktop...  :D

Grim

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 14/05/2010 08:02:15
Grim... I now have a new wallpaper for my desktop...  :D

Ha ha that's cool!:) I have another version of that scene, but with a dude instead. It actually features in my upcoming game ( I hope I won't get eliminated for that:)) but only for about 10 seconds.:)

Dualnames

Great entries so far everyone!! (yes and you pilf! ;D)

If anyone's still working on his entry, wrap it up!

Alan v.Drake

Here you go Duals, a crappy half assed entry just to make you happy.
Now lemme work on my game.

- Alan

Dualnames

Okay. Great entries. I'm fairly happy!
Vote your favorite in three areas:
Sex
Sex
Sex

Ehm..

Idea - How strong and original is the concept? Is it a good response to the contest topic?
Technique - How well executed is the background as a piece of art within the chosen style?
Usefulness - How well would it work as an adventure game background, and how useful would the background be in a game?

Vote ends on 24th. So please all contestants at least should vote!

loominous

My initial intention was to make some scary voodoo hut, but since I don't really like unpleasant places, it ended up a rather cozy environment.
Looking for a writer

joelphilippage

Idea - Alan v.Drake. More original than blood splatter, and does pretty well at giving horror
Technique - pilferinloot. Interesting style. Reminds me of Edward Gorey
Usefulness - Mad. I could see myself trying to escape from this room.

Good job!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk