[CANCELED] The Curse of Monkey Island - Classic Edition

Started by Jackpumpkinhead, Thu 02/12/2010 22:35:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackpumpkinhead

currently on an indefinite hold.

Darth Mandarb

Please update the first post (one of the screenshots has been moved/deleted and is not displaying)
Thanks!

Takyon

Yeah sorry about that, the IGM site went down and they lost a hell of a lot of content. I only realised the interview had gone down recently and re-upped it. Thanks for posting bbX
ghost.

SuperDre

Even though this is a great idea, there's always the big point of not being able to release it due to you're propably not getting permission from Lucasarts.. Second if you really want to do a 'classic edition' it also should really LOOK like the classic one, and from the screenshots I've seen so far that's not really the case to me..
Why not spend all your energy on a game of your own so you won't have any problems with releasing it..

Jackpumpkinhead

Well this is my first game and i am not planning on doing to entire game
i am just going to do the first chapter or so.
i do have a few ideas for an original game that i am still trying to work out
all of the story out. but i appreciate your input

Jackpumpkinhead

Davostros

Dude this rocks keep up the good work. I've played MI3 despite the fact that i was at first repelled by the style that had nothing to do with MI and MI2. I quickly fell into the charm of the new graphics but playing your demo made me love the old school way more then ever of course. The main difference between MI and M2 is the backgrounds, they use the same sprites system but MI as pixelized art background while MI2 has hand painted graphics going through the scanner. Just wanted to say that if you happen to get the hook the litterature and the rod before using the canon the debris and skull wont show up after all canon shoots. I had to restart and use the canon first.

Darth Mandarb

Davostros - please read the forum rules before posting and do not dig up any more threads.

As this was very close to the 'old thread' cut-off I'm not going to lock it, but Jackpumpkinhead it would be nice if you could provide an update since was dug-up.

Jackpumpkinhead

unfortunately i dont have an update for this yeah. but i will look into the bug and update asap

DutchMarco

I found MI1 to be aesthetically superior to MI2, esp. the early chapters of MIO2 looked a bit yucky, but it was cool that they usedmore than MI1's 16. I've never played CMI, but from what screenshots I've seen, your style is nicer (although I understand the comment of MI1 having more refined use of colour. Having said that: This effort gets a lot of applause from me, please bring it to fruition! And well done so far!

There's just one thingy I've noticed so far (debatable whether this should go in hints & tips or here:)

After having accidentally shot at the fortress 1x and then the 3 boats, and made the gaff, the pirates' remains don't come floeting near the ship - have I mucked up my sequence of actions?)

Jackpumpkinhead

Quote from: DutchMarco on Sun 06/11/2011 15:11:16
I found MI1 to be aesthetically superior to MI2, esp. the early chapters of MIO2 looked a bit yucky, but it was cool that they usedmore than MI1's 16. I've never played CMI, but from what screenshots I've seen, your style is nicer (although I understand the comment of MI1 having more refined use of colour. Having said that: This effort gets a lot of applause from me, please bring it to fruition! And well done so far!

There's just one thingy I've noticed so far (debatable whether this should go in hints & tips or here:)

After having accidentally shot at the fortress 1x and then the 3 boats, and made the gaff, the pirates' remains don't come floeting near the ship - have I mucked up my sequence of actions?)

unforutunatly i cant find anywhere in the code that causes this problem
also i have stopped development on this project so mods can close this
if anyone would like to continue this though you can find the raw files on my blog
thanx for all of the help and support

Darth Mandarb

Sorry to hear it... if you decide to pick it back up let me know and I'll unlock it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk