PLUGIN: agsCreditz v1.1 (v2.0 Beta available)

Started by AJA, Fri 21/02/2003 19:58:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AJA

Hello, fellow AGSers!

Here's the first plugin for AGS that I've ever released. The experimental credits plugin. But it's a start. It's quite easy to use and so on. But the text can't currently be centered and there are no amazing special effects. Just simple text which is scrolled from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen. It was just a test! Please, don't make fun of me... :D

Download v1.1 (No test game)
Mirror (Thanks Neole!)

It's maybe still a bit buggy, but this way the bugs will be more easilly spotted. So, report right away if you find a bug! The test game will be released separately later, because it's quite buggy at the moment. I'll post the changes list separately...

-EDIT-

agsCreditz 2.0 Beta 1 has been released.

Tell me what you think!

Pumaman

Good work!

Spyros

That's really good. Congratulations!!!

Scorpiorus

Has tried and it really good. Nice work! ;D

-Cheers

AJA

Wow... thanks... :D
I thought no one would like it... :)

Oh, and btw, I made it with Delphi, if you haven't checked the example game... Thanks, a-v-o! :D

Neole

Aja, this souds great! What I needed for my game. But I'm wondering, does it do this in hi-color, fade images in and out while the text scrolls -

(Dorcan made a function for me, and it works fine in 256 colors, but not in hi-color)

AJA

This Plugin works in Hi-color. So, this Dorcan's text scroll demo fades the background or what?

Neole

Aja, I wanted the sprites to fade in and out without scrolling while the credits scroll cos I thought thwy would look cool that way, and Dorcan managed it. Only it works in lo color. Here's the test game -

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Text_Scroll_TestGame.zip

Trapezoid

Yeah, awsome pluggy. I'm a bit sad though, I spent so many hundreds of hours on my credits method and suddenly everyone else comes out with their own.  :'(

a-v-o

Quote from: Neole on Mon 24/02/2003 00:09:54
Aja, I wanted the sprites to fade in and out without scrolling while the credits scroll cos I thought thwy would look cool that way, and Dorcan managed it. Only it works in lo color.
Maybe you can use a combination of AJA's plugin for the scrolling credits and my flashlight plugin for the fade in/out.

If credits and background don't overlap then there should be no problem. If they do overlap then it depends on which plugin will be executed first. If the credits are painted before the fading then they will also fade.

I think, I gonna check it and edit this post later to tell what I found out.

Here's the result:
I used AJA's demo game and converted it into hicolor. Then I used the flashlight plugin and implemented the fade-in/out script lines. And really, the background fades in and out while the credits are still in the same color. So both plugins can be used together to get the effect

The flashlight plugin is called before the GUIs and text/speech is drawn; the credits plugin is called after all is drawn (that's why the credits scroll over e.g. GUIs).

rodekill

Perfecto. Thanks a lot!  ;D
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

AJA

Alright... new version of agsCreditz is here! And it's v1.0... :D
Now all the credits should scroll nicely in 320x2*0 and 640x4*0. So, there's no changes except that the ScrollCredits function has one new parameter (check the readme). Notify me if you can find bugs.

MadReizka

How in the h**l I get the plugins to work? Its allways that "blah blah pluginname.dll is missing and blah blah, wont work"

Do I have to do something special?
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

AJA

Make sure that the plugin file (ags*.dll) is located in the AGS's folder.

The original (with demo game) zips by me should be extracted directly to AGS's folder. The dll will be extracted there and the demo game into a sub folder.

AJA

agsCreditz v1.1 has now been released. Check the first post!

Here's the complete changes list (at least the bit I remembered of the new things):
- Static credits feature: SetStaticCredit, GetStaticCredit,
  SetStaticCreditTitle, GetStaticCreditTitle, StartEndStaticCredits,
  GetCurrentStaticCredit, SetDefaultStaticDelay, SetStaticPause,
  ShowStaticCredit, StaticReset, SetStaticCreditImage, IsStaticCreditsFinished
- New functions for scrolling credits: SetEmptyLineHeight, GetEmptyLineHeight
- Scrolling credits: IsFinished changed to IsCreditScrollingFinished
- Scrolling credits: Changes in parameters of SetCredit, ScrollCredits
- Scrolling credits: Working centering
- Scrolling credits: Movie ending styled credits - thanks to terranRICH!
- Outline generator
- Static credits: Special settings for ShowStaticCredit
- Properties window including functions, examples and more
- Completely new test game

Dr Snark

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0040D2CB ; program pointer is +5, ACI version 2.56.612, gtags (0,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.
OK  

I get this Error when i use 2.65 Final, but not the Pre-release

YES THIS IS FROM AGS Creditz!

Reno Caspain

How does the ScrollCredit function work? I've tried copying it's name from the readme, but it still gives Unidentified Token error. Otherwise plugin works, because it finds the SetCredit function.

Scorpiorus

There is a typo in the manual, the name is ScrollCredits(...)

~Cheers

AJA

Sorry about the typo :-\

Anyway, here it is finally! The beta version of agsCreditz 2.0...

It SHOULD be capable of doing everything that v1.1 was able to do. No test game. I'll start working on that when I have time. The help file is not completely up to date. The special credit styles are not in the manual, but they are in the plugin ("<>", "<.>" and "<#>").

I'd appreciate it if someone wants to do some beta testing. If you have any suggestions to be added to agsCreditz 2.0, please let me know.

Download v2.0 Beta 1 (No test game)
Mirror (Thanks Neole!)

Edit:

Bugs found in this version:
-Crashes if a static credit or a static credit title is empty (possibly with empty scrolling credits also)

Edit 2:

Okay, since nobody hasn't reported any more bugs, I guess I'll just try to finish the final 2.0 during this week (possibly before the weekend unless I'm playing with Linux :P). This is useless... So, no-one really doesn't have any comments? Or suggestions? Mad_Reizka's thread is also quite empty in the critics lounge. Is this some kind of a "we hate Finns" month? Or "we hate Dima Software"?  :-\

Scorpiorus

No, I think it's just because people haven't yet fiddled enough with the new version of the plugin. I'm sure somebody will have suggestion/comment as soon as they get to thier credit scene.

Nice work AJA! ;)

~Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk