SPRITE JAM: Opposing Leaders (4 - 18 October)

Started by Intense Degree, Tue 04/10/2011 17:47:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Intense Degree

Theme

Throughout the years many have been inspired, annoyed, bored and appalled by leaders. Whatever the emotion provoked, these are people who affect those around and under them.

There are many different levels of leaders from Prime Ministers and Presidents of countries, Bosses at work, presidents of societies, trend setters, heads of terrorist organisations, Captains of teams…

Whatever their field, they are people that other people follow either because they have to or because they want to.

However, leaders are also different in that some are charismatic, some boring, some “good”, some “evil”, some capable, some incompetent…

OK, you get the idea, they are all different!

Rules

1. Draw 2 leaders who are complete polar opposites of each other. Maybe they lead 2 opposed political parties, maybe they lead Apple and Microsoft, maybe they are just different in some of the other ways above, on whatever grounds, they lead and they are opposed!

2. No restrictions on colours or size except that the sprites must be AGS compatible.

3. Be witty, be funny, be serious, take liberties with the definition of "leader", whatever you like!

4. Feel free to name and explain your leaders!

Trophies to follow…

So get to it! :)

Intense Degree

No interest or entries yet? Oh well...  :'(

I was thinking of changing the theme to "Zombie Steve Jobs" but thought it might be a little tasteless! ;)

Intense Degree

I actually quite enjoy an awkward silence.

Whilst I’m sure that really people just don’t have the time or interest in this competition, I like to imagine this thread as a large room with people sitting around me in stony silence eying me with disdain as I prattle on!

It’s kind of like when everyone in a room is observing a minute's silence for Remembrance Day and then someone walks in who has no idea what is happening and says:

“Hey guys, what’s everyone up to”.

“Guys?”

“Seriously, why is no one talking to me, you’re freaking me out”.

Anyway, still 5 days left if anyone’s interested in the competition! :)

Intense Degree

Last day tomorrow if anyone was thinking about entering.

Just think, merely by submitting an entry of any kind you too could win a Sprite Jam!

Anyway, here is a picture of a Cat with a Barbie doll.

abstauber

Don't let me get away with this crummy entry :P

Insect leader vs. sprout leader

Darkdan

Representative of zombies meeting a representative of girls kidnapped by zombies to talk about the difficulties of their respective businesses.

Intense Degree

Brilliant, thanks for the entries guys! :)

As promised, there are trophies (what do you mean hastily cobbled together?) ;)

Competition is still open for the rest of the day, unless anyone wants a short extension?

Anyway with 2 entries so far, this could be the chance for the easiest trophy of your life with a last minute.com entry!

Kastchey

Loled at both entries, brilliant  ;D
Intense Degree, there's nothing wrong with your theme, it's actually pretty cool. It just seems it's a busy period for everyone, BG Blitz and MAGS don't get many entries either.

And here's my quick entry: Succubus leader vs. incubus leader, a.k.a. Hell meets gender wars.

x1

x3

Armageddon

Good entries, the insects are great. I was expecting ProgZ to make a Ron Paul vs. Someone entry. :P

Intense Degree

Great entries everyone, I was hoping I would be pleasantly suprised by the direction people would take on this and you haven't let me down! :)

It's honestly really hard to pick a winner, or even decide second place, any of the three entries could have won.

However...

First Place: Darkdan. There is something about this that I really like, makes you smile and answers the theme in an interesting way. Simple but effective.

Second place: abstauber. Slightly surreal, I love the grasshoper/praying mantis/insect and the slightly moody looking flower!

Third place: Kastchey. Good idea, nice sprites and a nice simple visible distinction between the leaders.

Congrats Darkdan, we await the next Sprite Jam! :)

Darkdan

Thank you for the vote and congratulations to all : the other entries were great.   :)

I am going to shake my tired brain to find a theme for the next sprite jam.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk