Tune Contest - The Pub - Deadline: 27th of November

Started by Bulbapuck, Fri 11/11/2011 16:48:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbapuck

I don't know why, but I've always loved Irish Folksongs :), so I chose the topic for this round of the tune contest to be:

The Pub

It obviosly doesn't have to be an Irish-y song, whatever way you choose to implement this theme is fine by me :)

Deadline is Sunday the 27th (in a little over two weeks).

Best of luck!

m0ds

Is it acceptable to post a friends "pub" track, and persuade him to log in if he gets the votes?

Bulbapuck

m0ds

Thanks! Ok then, Simon's bar theme for 'Recall 1' an unfinished game about robots and stuff. This is for a futuristic bar with a floating bar man and guests with their robot buddies. Sadly I can't post the screenshots (lost them) but wish I could.

http://soundcloud.com/simonlove01/recall-1-bar-theme

Bulbapuck

Holy shiet, that is awesome :D

The deadline is coming up, is anyone working on this? Considering the forums being down for a large period of time I could definitely extend the deadline if someone wants it.

HandsFree

I happen to have just made a bar tune for my game. I thought the music in this thread was supposed to be made specifically for the contest. Is it OK to post it here (since it wasn't made for this thread)?

Icey

Not really epic but it worked for me when I made it(the song that is).

Pubmember.webs.com/

Bulbapuck

@HandsFree: I feel it's okay, but I will obviously take it into account when I consider who will win. But that by no means rules you out, so do post it :)

HandsFree

OK, not necessarily a competition entry (as I also posted this in 'games in production') but I just made a tune for my game that fits the theme: http://www.box.net/shared/yipv1d0ocgsrexvz7mzq
:)

Bulbapuck

Alright, time to wrap this up.

Some really nice entries this time around, thank you all for participating :)

There can only be one winner though, and that is m0ds' freind  SimonLoveridge!

Congratulations :)

m0ds

Woohoo!! Thanks, I will let him know!!! Had forgot to check back, my apologies.

SimonLoveridge

Awesome! Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the track :)

m0ds

Damn, so, a new one is needed? I will ask Simon to think of a theme and judge the entries.

m0ds

Sorry about the delay. Next one will be up tomorrow or Wednesday.

m0ds

New theme is selected by Simon. This get locked first or shall I just write up a new one? Cos I don't think Simon has time to post (but will definitely judge the entries).

M

ErenanII

I'm going to go out on a limb and say just create a new thread.
~--- Placeholder for awesome signature ---~

Bulbapuck

Yeah, just start a new one, I'm sure this will be locked once a new one is up :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk