Donna: Avanger of Blood

Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

an Urpney

Hi all,
I'm stuck with password-breaking riddle. What I have:
Name: Bander + instruction to translate it to numeric code, which gives:
B-2, A-1, N=14, D=4, E=5, R=17 - so whole name is: 12144517.
Instruction also states that the final password is 8-digits numeric code (well, states 8 digits, strongly suggests numeric).

Cypher key:
C.K.131211 [of which i guess: "Cypher Key (?) 131211"]

Additional info:
patt.: - + loop (of which i guess "Pattern: minus \ plus loop - so -+-+-+ etc.)

Easiest way:
Take all of translated "Bander" numbers and use the cypher code in -\+ loop:
2-1=1, 1+2=4, 14-1=13, 4+2=6, 5-1=4, 17+1=18
Final code: 14146418.
Right? Well, wrong.

Using the same method but starting with + [so, 2+1=3, 1-2=(-1), etc.] gives me negative numbers, which I guess is wrong.

Any other ideas on decyphering this pass?

PS. Excellent game, Błażeju : )
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Chrille

You're on the right track, but R isn't 17 ;)
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

an Urpney

How comes?
a1
b2
c3
d4
e5
f6
g7
h8
i9
j10
k11
l12
m13
n14
o15
p16
r17
Sure, in mine (and Blaze's) language there's an extra letter between L and M, but the game's in English...
Argh, I know I'm missing something obvious, I feel so dumb : )

EDIT.
I KNEW it! Removed polish "ł", but forgot about "q", which isn't used in polsih alphabet! Stupid, stupid, stupid!
Thanks, Chrille!
An Urpney.

Bishy

I'm on night 1 and I have no idea what i'm meant to be doing.

I can get blood easily enough from the park, but Donna is too nervous to talk to the guy on the phone. I also have a screwdriver, a fancy pen, a bible, a plug socket, the extra 10 euros from the guy at the hotel which I used for access in the internet café, but no idea what i'm supposed to do with any of them. I've tried going back to the hotel where Donna was shot, but the police are there.

Chrille

Have a look in the mall, smoking helps you relax (among other things). There's also stuff you can do in the hotel to wind down. Vary between washing your face, sitting on the bed and on the chair.
GASPOP software

Goldmund

Bishy - also, take a closer look at things you found on your attacker from the start of the game.

IconoclastBastard

Hello,

I´m really stuck and I'm starting to wander through the rooms like a headless chicken. I wonder if someone can help me. I've got the necklace and I have to get pass the cops. My compulsive smoking tells me that I need a sexy girl to enter the hotel, I suppose it means a disguise but I feel totally clueless about where to find it.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Great game. It's been a while since I played something as good as this. The intellectuals joke was unespectedly funny. By the way, who is the forth? Foucault, Chomsky, Sartre, but the last one I cannot recognize.

Goldmund

Baudrillard ;-) Hence all the talk about simulation.

Hint: well, have you seen any other sexy ladies around?

Toploader

Hey all, I'm stuck in around the same place as IconoclastBastard, but just before I guess as I don't get the clues he's getting when I smoke (no clues other the what to do for the night).

I've just gotten the cell phone.

I've unlocked the feder square section on the tube map but can't go to it on the first night.

I'm currently holding 405 euros, and have the dream ladies card (rang them) necklace, screwdriver, bear and power cord.

Can't work out what to do now, seems I have to get into the hotel although there must be a step before because as I say, I don't get any hints about a sexy girl.

Bishy

Well, i've now been able to get as far as trying to crack his safe.

I know what the clue is, the book of Genesis, and I know it's something to do with all the numbered lines, but I end up with too many numbers (specifically 27, 11, 14, and 20). I have no idea how to convert them into a 4 digit code for the safe.

Chrille

Hmm, perhaps you're not supposed to use the chapter numbers, but rather something in the actual text?
GASPOP software

Goldmund

Toploader: forget sexy girls for now ;-)
Which night are we talking about?

marko33

How to get past that dangerous vampire killer? tried the crowbar no use.

an Urpney

An Urpney.

marko33

Used up all the talk thinngys hes too tough! then he says right time to die explisitive bang bang! oh help!

an Urpney

Check your skills.
You'll need some blood first. Is there something that can provide you with a drop?
An Urpney.

marko33

Bit the dead bird no use she cant take the blood too dry

an Urpney

Maybe you can use it as a bait to get something more... alive?
An Urpney.

Bishy

Check the dumpster. I nearly missed that on my first go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk