Tune Contest - "Chase" - Winner announced

Started by , Sun 05/02/2012 01:23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Composer and winner of the last Tune contest, Simon Loveridge asks that you provide a piece based on a chase sequence! Any kind of music that envokes the feeling of a chase will be considered. Simon will listen to your pieces and choose the winner at the turn of the leap year :) Please justify your piece with a couple of paragraphs if you get the chance.

Deadline, just under three weeks: 26th Feb 2012, winner to be announced on 29th!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Info about teh previous winner/current judge: Simon wrote the music for Grundislav's "Back Door Man" and is currently composing the music for Yahtzee's new game "Poacher".

HandsFree

I always like chase music in movies but obviously never tried to make something like that.  ::)
This may be fun to try.

Vandal Valo

I'm working on a one tune now, so will post soon.
Expecting others to participate contest. Is anybody else will be there?

Vandal Valo

Bulbapuck

Quote from: Vandal Valo on Mon 20/02/2012 11:52:18
Here is my one.
http://soundcloud.com/vladtehnik/vladislav-klevtsov-rush-four

Can't access that page for some reason.

Working on something by the way, I hope I have the time to finish it.

Tabata

Quote from: Bulbapuck on Mon 20/02/2012 19:46:58
Can't access that page for some reason.

Me neither  :-[

I am getting:
“Oops, looks like we can't find that page!
Did you try to access a private track, but were not logged in? Log In or Sign Up
Maybe the track or user has been removed"

nihilyst

CyberChase
http://www.longwayhome.de/zeug/CyberChase.mp3

Someone gets sucked into an old computer game and is chased by the level boss until he finally reaches a safe place ... for now.

Vandal Valo

m0ds

Great, thanks for the entries! And just a reminder that tomorrow (Sunday) is the last chance to enter. Good luck!

Bulbapuck

"Chased to freedom"
http://shutupload.com/dl/95fea210c5f7/
The chased person outclasses the chaser, and gets away easily.

I was hoping to fix the drums, but I won't have any time to do so. So they will have to stay monotone.
Btw, awesome entries guys :D

Eric

Here's one from a n00b. I figured I might as well make some music that could fit in the game I'm planning. Not sure if there will be a chase sequence, but as the game's a humorous one, set in the early 20th Century, I tried to make some music I could imagine accompanying the Keystone Kops during a chase. As you listen, imagine comedic acrobatics, people falling from ladders, freshly paved sidewalks being tracked through, and hallways where people are coming out of doors every which-a-way.

Keystone Chase

nihilyst

Eric

Thanks! Not nearly as accomplished as you, Bulbapuck or Vandal, but I'm happy to participate!

nihilyst

Quote from: Eric on Sun 26/02/2012 00:19:19
Thanks! Not nearly as accomplished as you, Bulbapuck or Vandal, but I'm happy to participate!

We're all happy about that, but aww, c'mon. Yours is not. It could, in fact, come right out of one of my games of the SNES library :)

Anian

I don't want the world, I just want your half

m0ds

The deadline is reached, thanks again for entering - winner announced in a day or two!

M

SimonLoveridge

Hey everyone, sorry about the late announcing of the winner (third year of uni isn't as fun as it sounds I assure you!). Thank you all for entering, I was highly entertained listening to your pieces and I love how different each one was. There can only be one winner of course and that is...

Keystone Chase by Eric!

Well done mate! When I came up with the idea of "chase" as a theme, your approach was the one I least expected but I must say it's a very well written bit of music. I'm especially digging the Benny Hill vibe you've got going on there!

Well done to everyone else who entered, and congratulations again Eric!

Eric

Quote from: SimonLoveridge on Sun 04/03/2012 19:40:16Keystone Chase by Eric!

Ha, well done...except this response was due on the first of March, not the first of April.

Are you serious? Wow...I don't know what to say. Thanks so much. And thanks for running the competition, as I otherwise would probably not have composed this piece, nor thought about its potential in my game-in-progress.

As nice as it is to be validated, I think everyone else did a much better job than me! I enjoyed listening to all of your pieces!

So...how does this work now? Is it like the background competition where I choose the next month's theme?

m0ds

Congrats Eric (and thanks Simon!) - yes, you can go ahead and start the next tune comp :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk