Ben Jordan Case 8

Started by Mike S., Wed 08/08/2012 06:46:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I'm about to go off to sleep, but at the moment I'm stuck at

Spoiler
the Coach and Horses. I've exhausted every option with Seamus, I realize each food order shortens to PQJ but I'm not sure what to do with that information.
[close]

The game's only been out for an hour and a half, and for all I know, I may have this problem figured out by tomorrow morning. Any ideas?

Khris

Funny, I got stuck at the same spot and immediately realized the solution when I read your question:
hint:
Spoiler
PQJ is short for Percival Quentin Jones
[close]
solution:
Spoiler
Just spell BJ with your own food order (Blood Sausage, Jaffa Cakes, no dessert) and put it in the dumbwaiter.
[close]

Noat

I am stuck after the situation mentioned above

Spoiler
I have met Percival Quentin Jones, but I literally have no idea what to do next. The notebook isn't much help either.
[close]

I played it again, then it became obvious what I was supposed to do.

cactusx

I'm having a real problem with

Spoiler
getting into the old woman's house in Sighisoara. Every time I use the plank to knock I get banished after a few seconds.
[close]

Thanks!

Khris

cactusx:
Spoiler
After the door is opened, interact with it. Arthur will hold it open and eventually you can enter.
[close]

cactusx

Quote from: Khris on Wed 08/08/2012 12:11:21
cactusx:
Spoiler
After the door is opened, interact with it. Arthur will hold it open and eventually you can enter.
[close]

Lifesaver! Cheers!

Resulka

Spoiler
I'm stuck getting the headless Vamp's Name to search through the town records. Percy = no help. I may have tried to stake him a couple of times.
[close]

Noat

Quote from: Resulka on Wed 08/08/2012 12:22:08
Spoiler
I'm stuck getting the headless Vamp's Name to search through the town records. Percy = no help. I may have tried to stake him a couple of times.
[close]

Spoiler
The town records is in one of the buildings, but you can't rely on that entirely. If only there was another place where they write down the names of dead people...
[close]

Stuck again:

Spoiler
I have just finished the story and am looking for "weird places". I was thinking either Berkeley Square or that sunken city would qualify, but no, it has to be something new...
[close]

Resulka

Quote from: Noat on Wed 08/08/2012 12:39:43
Spoiler
The town records is in one of the buildings, but you can't rely on that entirely. If only there was another place where they write down the names of dead people...
[close]

Spoiler
Oh yes, I've been to the cemetery, Many many times. He reads the names of the tombstones but seems content to leave it at that.
[close]

Noat

Quote from: Resulka on Wed 08/08/2012 12:47:08
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Oh yes, I've been to the cemetery, Many many times. He reads the names of the tombstones but seems content to leave it at that.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you been to the tree then? And read all of the carvings? After that, talk to the archivist.
[close]

Resulka

Ah, thank you! Thank you! <3

Olvery

Stuck again:
Spoiler
I have just finished the story and am looking for "weird places". I was thinking either Berkeley Square or that sunken city would qualify, but no, it has to be something new...
[close]

Spoiler
I am stuck here to, there are only three places on the map (Persy's home, pub and museum). I think one has to look something up in the museum, but no idea what. Tried to raise the reporters interest in children fates using the magazine, but alas to no avail. :smiley:
[close]

Noat

Ah, I think I found it. The answer lies in:
Spoiler
pixel hunting. Perhaps in places where you haven't found anything else yet.
[close]

fatmike006

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Stuck again:

Spoiler
[close]

Ahhh, here is the answer to that one:
Spoiler
go back to Percy's flat and then look on the street light, you should then find a piece of paper on the bottom of it. That is a guide to "weird places"
[close]
. Anyways, I am currently stuck to on this part
Spoiler
the crypt maze after you go down the manhole with all the rooms in it, i have tried every single item, but none of them work and it's almost the end of the game, i almost had an aneurysm trying to figure it out
[close]

thepr

Quote from: fatmike006 on Wed 08/08/2012 14:33:31
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Stuck again:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
go back to Percy's flat and then look on the street light, you should then find a piece of paper on the bottom of it. That is a guide to "weird places"
[close]
Spoiler
the crypt maze after you go down the manhole with all the rooms in it, i have tried every single item, but none of them work and it's almost the end of the game, i almost had an aneurysm trying to figure it out
[close]

What you need to do is:
Spoiler
Go back to the osuary entrance and look at bottom left of the screen. Pick up the pebbles and go back to the room with the policeman and then throw the pebbles in the doorway leading north. Now you can go across the room. Take note of the writing on the wall: "NO ONE SEES".
[close]

dbuske

I am stuck after 5 minutes. What do I search the computer for.
What is the Cardinals name? No info for Knights of St. Anthony.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

fatmike006

Quote from: dbuske on Wed 08/08/2012 15:09:30
I am stuck after 5 minutes. What do I search the computer for.
What is the Cardinals name? No info for Knights of St. Anthony.

Spoiler
what you i did was search "genovese" in the computer and then read the "clergyman london" article and then i typed in "St. Thomas" and i believe one of the articles there opens up a new address for you
[close]

fatmike006

Quote from: thepr on Wed 08/08/2012 15:05:26
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Stuck again:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

What you need to do is:
Spoiler
Go back to the osuary entrance and look at bottom left of the screen. Pick up the pebbles and go back to the room with the policeman and then throw the pebbles in the doorway leading north. Now you can go across the room. Take note of the writing on the wall: "NO ONE SEES".
[close]

i think you misunderstood me, i am stuck in the part where
Spoiler
where i light up the dark room after i go down the manhole and i see all these drawings and there are a bunch of doors and after  a certain amount of clicks it brings you back to the beginning of the room and you have to start over
[close]

Noat

Quote from: fatmike006 on Wed 08/08/2012 15:19:19
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Stuck again:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

What you need to do is:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
where i light up the dark room after i go down the manhole and i see all these drawings and there are a bunch of doors and after  a certain amount of clicks it brings you back to the beginning of the room and you have to start over
[close]

Spoiler
If you took some time to learn some french, you'd know that NOOSES isn't a french word...
[close]

Spoiler
It's an abbreviation!
[close]

thepr

Quote from: Noat on Wed 08/08/2012 15:29:30
Quote from: fatmike006 on Wed 08/08/2012 15:19:19
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Stuck again:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

What you need to do is:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
If you took some time to learn some french, you'd know that NOOSES isn't a french word...
[close]

Spoiler
It's an abbreviation!
[close]

Stop being so criptic, dude!
N stands for North
S for South
O for West (if you checked the chart at the Hostel you'd know that)
E for East.
So.. NOOSES. Does that tell you anything?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk