Getting fonts back into AGS

Started by cat, Sun 09/12/2012 18:29:25

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Hi!

I'm currently working on a German translation that needs some special characters.
I copied one of the wfn files in the game folder and edited it with Radiant's font editor. But now I don't know how I can get the font back into AGS. When I try to import it, I get an error message "Unable to import the font. Not a valid SCI font file".

How do I get the changed font back into my project?

Crimson Wizard

I worked with the fonts a long time ago and don't quite remember all the details.
But after some tests I see that by "importing" AGS Editor expects to read SCI font, while WFN fonts aren't SCI fonts, they are "AGS fonts".
I also found you may simply copy new WFN font to your project folder, replacing older *.WFN, and it will work.

As for SCI fonts, you may choose to save as one when you save your font in FontEdit. For some reason, Radiant's program saves them with *.0 extension, while AGS Editor thinks they should have *.font extension, so that may require manual filename fixing.

cat

Hm, simply replacing a wfn file does not do the trick for me, the editor does not seem to reload the font from the file.

In Radiant's FontEdit I didn't find an option to choose the output format. Maybe I have the wrong version? I got it from the link on the mainpage. It's version 1.1.0.0 from 2004.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: cat on Sun 09/12/2012 20:15:49
Hm, simply replacing a wfn file does not do the trick for me, the editor does not seem to reload the font from the file.
I close the project, replace file in folder, and reopened the project. I think it loads them on start each time.

Quote from: cat on Sun 09/12/2012 20:15:49
In Radiant's FontEdit I didn't find an option to choose the output format. Maybe I have the wrong version? I got it from the link on the mainpage. It's version 1.1.0.0 from 2004.
Hmm... do not know which version it is. I got it from http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=23521.msg159381#msg159381, and the executable is from 2009 (but About sais 2004).
Hit 'Save' then choose "File Type" from drop-down list (that's standart Windows save dialog).

cat

Ha, your version of FontEdit did the trick. Mine was probably too old (but it is still linked on the AGS homepage, I'll report that)

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk