AGS Awards 2012 (Winners!)

Started by , Thu 03/01/2013 02:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

well... good morning lads! While I voted to have the ceremony at the time it was held, I was unable to join in. Some of you know that my wife is working abroad for several months now and she's visiting us, so her word is my command.

Now, for something more important: I WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnn! WOOT!

This is actually the first time that I've won an AGS award, after so many games in AGS, freeware and commercial!

The one thing that I would like to say is that Vince is a friend of mine now, I wish that we will eventually meet in person, but even more that as an employer he was awesome: Very rarely he did have something to comment on the music, which always made sense. He accepted every idea I had (which involved him writing more and more code specifically for the music in the game), and he got everything I told him. (BTW, the maze tune ultimately has a 4th layer, but is not layered with the other three... it's played when Anna wakes up and has to escape... ;))

I really hope that he'll do another game and that he'll want me on board... :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

ThreeOhFour

Thanks to whoever voted for ^_^ and the secret committee who decide the other awards. Very humbling.

Congratulations to all the other nominees and winners, especially the XII team for their slew of awards. 2012 was a great year for AGS games.

JJS

Just realized that I won an award! Thank you very much!

I could not be at the ceremony in the beginning and later had connection troubles unfortunately, maybe next year I will make it.
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Radiant

Congratulations to everybody that made it into the chatroom!

:P Er, I mean, congrats to everybody who won! And now I must definitely make some time to play Resonance to the end.

cat

Congratulations to all who won an award!

Also, tabloid press has been there too, here is a shot from yesterday's red carpet:

[imgzoom]http://cat.agser.me/pics/diverse/RedCarpet.png[/imgzoom]

kconan

Congrats to the winners!  Definitely a great, profilic year for AGS games.

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Andail

Congratulations! And well done, everyone, 2012 was a great year for AGS :)

Dave Gilbert

Hey cool! I am swamped at PAX so I wasn't able to take part, but congrats to Vince, nik, Shane, and Janet!

Chicky

It was a great night, well done to all who contributed this year :)

This time around Bici let me present an award, next year i aim to win one!

Nice collection of the avatars there Cat :)

an Urpney

Quote from: cat on Sun 24/03/2013 10:23:16
Congratulations to all who won an award!

Also, tabloid press has been there too, here is a shot from yesterday's red carpet:

Niiice : ) But now Giant Zombie Cat cries, because he didn't win anything ; )
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Fitz

Congratulations to all the winners! Rejoice while you can - for victory will be mine... next year... (laugh)

Meanwhile -- gloria victis! ;)

Ilyich

Congratulations to all the winners (to everyone on the Resonance team, basically :P)! And thanks to the organizers, it was fun! :)
Hope the next year brings even more amazing AGS games, cheers! :)

Vince Twelve

Again, thanks to the organizers! And thanks to the voters!  Super excited that XII games won XII awards in MMXII!

I thanked my team plenty of times last night, because Resonance was a team effort all the way.  Especially Shane and Nik who were there from the start pushing me along and giving great feedback and suggestions.  Huge thanks to Dave and Janet for taking the project on and getting it to the finish line. Could not have finished without them.

And special thanks to Kinoko and Josh Roberts (Chapter 11 Studios), whose Cirque de Zale and Adventure Architect articles (respectively) led to me finding Adventure Game Studio.  And thanks to the Big Blue Cup Community!  It's still the only online community that I've ever really felt a part of.  When I was living in Japan in 2004-2008, I spent so much time in these forums and it felt like my home away from home away from home.  I think I've been to three or four of these award ceremonies since then, and I've always hoped to some day win that top prize.  Mission accomplished!

I'm working on writing a Resonance sequel. I can't say for certain when or even if it will ever get done, but I look forward to sharing it with you when that day comes!

an Urpney

Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Nikolas

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Sun 24/03/2013 16:36:37And special thanks to Kinoko and Josh Roberts (Chapter 11 Studios), whose Cirque de Zale and Adventure Architect articles (respectively) led to me finding Adventure Game Studio.  ...
You know this is the case for me as well!

I found out about cirque de Zale, then came to meet Rebecca (Kinoko), and got a new thread advertising my services, only to be greeted with great feelings by Don the Barbarian... So I stuck here and to this day this is my homepage to every Internet connected computer...

bicilotti

bicilotti

Stats Time!

• The first table shows the number of nominations cast for each category (keep in mind that one person could choose multiple games in each category)
  • The second one shows how many votes were cast for each category (this time 1 vote = 1 person)
  • On top of that, there are numbers for total voters and total nominators
Last year we had 89 voters, this year 112.

Stats were made available by Commodore AGA, whom we thank.

Frodo

Congrats to all the winners.   :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk