AGS Game Ratings Drive

Started by Stupot, Wed 03/04/2013 01:33:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I've always been guilty of playing games and then neglecting to rate them in the database.
I notice I am not the only one. It's kind of dusty in there.

Well, no more!  I've just spent the past hour rating and commenting on 10 games which I had played but not rated.
You should do the same.
How about, over the next week, everyone takes some time to rate 5 or 10 (or more) games? If you're busy, do one a day for a week.

Now go... and rate.  Become a serial ratist!

Peder 🚀

Someone should make a plugin to do the rating in-game ;) :P. hehe.

Armageddon

I'd love to become a serial ratist but I don't have the attention span or puzzle solving skills to finish most adventure games, I've only ever done Wadjet Eye games and even then I needed walkthroughs quite a bit. So I can't rate games without finishing them...

Baron

Quote from: Armageddon on Wed 03/04/2013 02:52:27
I'd love to become a serial ratist but I don't have the attention span or puzzle solving skills to finish most adventure games, I've only ever done Wadjet Eye games and even then I needed walkthroughs quite a bit. So I can't rate games without finishing them...

...but most AGS games of any quality have online walkthroughs!

My excuse is that I'm lazy.  Try to shoot holes in that!

Ponch

Challenge accepted! I'll spend all night giving all the Barn Runner and Oceanspirit Dennis games 5... no, 6 cups! Thank you, Stu, for showing me the way!  :-D

AGA

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 03/04/2013 03:32:46
Challenge accepted! I'll spend all night giving all the Barn Runner and Oceanspirit Dennis games 5... no, 6 cups! Thank you, Stu, for showing me the way!  :-D

Note to self: put something into the games page that stops people voting for their own games  (roll)

bicilotti

Radiant

Quote from: Armageddon on Wed 03/04/2013 02:52:27
I'd love to become a serial ratist but I don't have the attention span or puzzle solving skills to finish most adventure games,
Then you could start by rating all non-adventure games made with AGS :P

CaptainD

I will try to do this... my Games Played to Games Rated ratio is pretty embarrassing...  :-[

Tabata

That's an excellent idea, Stupot!

I declare guilty as well and will give this challange a go! 

All games offered to the community deserve it!

… and they should get what they deserve   

miguel

Rating Spreeeee!!!!!!!
Excellent topic Stupot! I've done my bit and just rated some games.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

elegantmechanic

Thanks for the prompt, by the time I've downloaded and played a game I'm usually so far from the game page that it doesn't occur to me to rate them. I've just rated four games and left comments, will try to be more proactive in future.

Peder 🚀

I guess this is something I should think about for AGSA.
I've already added a feature that stores a value in a DB whenever someone downloads a game when they are signed in to their AGSA account.
So I guess I could make it so when the player has marked the game as "finished it" or after a certain time has passed it will prompt the user to rate it in their notification bar/on their account page.

CaptainD

What would be nice (for both AGS DB and AGSA) is if you could get a list of all UNRATED games and be able to go through some of them. 

Crimson Wizard

I rated Resonance and Cat Lady recently. And even posted reviews for them.  (laugh)

Anyway, that made me wonder if Demos should be rated and reviewed separately from full commercial releases, because there is a huge "Download Demo" button on game page, and no "Buy Full game" button.

Eric

I may be a bit crazy. I've just left a comment, but don't see a place to rate the games (only the AGS panel rating).

Stupot

Quote from: Eric on Wed 03/04/2013 15:54:55
I may be a bit crazy. I've just left a comment, but don't see a place to rate the games (only the AGS panel rating).
On the game page, just beneath the list of details (to the right of the screenshot) is a little box marked 'public opinion'.  There may or may not already be some stats in the box, it depends if enough people have rated it.

Ghost

Maybe make it so that you can't post an "empty" comment?

Eric

Ah! Thank you. For some reason, I thought that link had taken me to the comments section. Need more caffeine.

Tabata

Quote from: Eric on Wed 03/04/2013 16:31:03
...I thought that link had taken me to the comments section. ...
To comment without rating just scroll down to the bottom of the gamessite.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk