SpaceTwine, a multiple choice text adventure.

Started by Retro Wolf, Thu 27/06/2013 16:35:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

Play SpaceTwine.

I discovered Twine last night, thought I'd give it a go.

SpaceTwine is one of those "Choose your own adventures" a multiple choice text adventure.

Join Captain Cornelius of the Earth Space Federation! Will you uphold the Alpha Directive? Or become a space pirate! Will you live? Or will you catch a deadly Space STD?!

Twine software.

I'm tempted to make a graphical version in AGS. Using Twine as a game/story planner could be useful.

Fitz

Played it, trying several different paths. Short, but definitely fun, with some truly hilarious parts (the marriage!). I'm tempted to make something like this sometime.

san.daniele

Adeel

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 28/06/2013 09:22:08
Played it, trying several different paths. Short, but definitely fun, with some truly hilarious parts (the marriage!).

Quote from: san.daniele on Fri 28/06/2013 13:46:06
haha!
really enjoyed this!

+1 for both. Couldn't put better words together than them. Really nice game and hilarious one too. You continue to surprise us Oldschool_Wolf, keep it up! :)

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Thu 27/06/2013 16:35:08
Using Twine as a game/story planner could be useful.

Thanks for sharing it. Now I know which program I ought to use when planning a game.

Retro Wolf

Thanks guys! It really motivates me when I get comments like this!

This was originally just supposed to be a little distraction while I had a break from my next AGS project.

I had so much fun making it, I'm going to add more content!
Already done one part where the captain takes a ship out for a drunken joy ride.
Also hoping to improve current passages with the characters talking and more jokes.

Adeel

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Fri 28/06/2013 23:02:55
Thanks guys! It really motivates me when I get comments like this!

This was originally just supposed to be a little distraction while I had a break from my next AGS project.

Keep doing wonderful stuff. We are rooting for you. :) Come to think of it, Twine can also be used a dialog planner. (nod) Thanks once again for introducing this great program.

Retro Wolf

Version 2 released.

5,771 words - 130 passages total so far.

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sun 30/06/2013 00:43:08
......Come to think of it, Twine can also be used a dialog planner.......

I'm sure I've seen people ask for flow chart like software in the forum before.

Thanks again!

cat

Nice one!

There are still two answers that lead nowhere and one that is missing the (End) link.

Retro Wolf

Thanks!

Yes I've come across those ones myself recently.
I was working on an update, a sort of expansion but I've got too many projects on the go!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk