Alum - greenlit and progress

Started by bangerang101, Tue 13/08/2013 14:58:06

Previous topic - Next topic

bangerang101

Alum update: Release is drawing nigh!

First of all, we wanted to thank everyone for being supportive and trusting us to make an awesome adventure game. Now, down to brass taxes!... We are almost completely done with the game. We've pretty much got the graphics, GUI, puzzles, programming, sound fx, and music on lock-down. It's just about to the point where it's a matter of cutting the audio for the voice-overs, dropping them in and mixing them in AGS. After that, some final play-testing and the game will be ready for release! Also, I wanted to thank everyone who voted for us on steam... We have been greenlit and are excited to release on PC, Mac, and Linux!

Anyway, enough of the small talk... Here are some new exclusive screenshots for the AGS community:

and a little run animation I ended up throwing on Micah towards the end of programming the game (which he was none too happy about, until he found a spot to put it in the game and settled down ;) ).

We are just about 95% of the way to completion. We are so excited (and slightly nervous) to share the game with everyone, and we hope all the extra effort we put into polishing the game pays off. Again, thank you all for the support and encouragement. Please keep on the look-out for release. Cheers, AGS crew!

- Luke
- Luke

shaun9991

this game looks great. backed your project a few days ago, best of luck with the remaining funds needed! :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

dactylopus

This game sounds really good.  $10K is quite a bit, but I wish you luck in getting it.

Great job so far, the visuals are beautiful.

miguel

It reminds me of the PSOne version of FF7 or 8, can't remember.
The backgrounds are really nice.
Good luck with it!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SarahLiz

Looks very beautiful!  Just became a backer, hoping you reach your goal!

Sarah

Stupot

Bump.  I just backed this.  It will be a shame if you don't make the goal.  I hope the game still gets made regardless :)

CaptainD

This looks really interesting - all the best with your funding campaign and development.

shaun9991

This game deserves to make it, best of luck guys! I'm pumping it on twitter as much as i can
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

bangerang101

Thank you guys for your responses and support! Anyone have any ideas where we can promote it a little more? If you have an "in" with any community/person please share it with them. We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again :-D
- Luke

shaun9991

You should try these guys -

theindiemine.com, email press@theindiemine.com

They have a good following and will surely write an article for you :)

(copy and pasting this from twitter)
Great Indie news sources @tigsource @PixelProspector @indiegamescom @TheIndieMine @indiegamemag @IndieDB @IndieGameReview

edit by darth posts combined, no need to double-post

bangerang101

Great! thanks for the suggestion... we will shoot them an email now.
- Luke

bangerang101

Were down to less then 2 days on our kickstarter! If anyone is planning on supporting Alum, that hasn't yet.. Now would be the time :) Thanks guys!
- Luke

Frodo

Backed this right from the start.  Really hope you succeed.   :wink:

Stupot

Note to self:
If I ever start a Kickstarter campaign, make sure to get John Walker from RPS involved before it's too late.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/17/fund-alum-so-i-can-play-it-kthx/

This time yesterday I thought you had no chance.  Now I'm starting to think it can be done :-)

dactylopus

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 18/08/2013 17:33:40
This time yesterday I thought you had no chance.  Now I'm starting to think it can be done :-)
Same.  I hope you guys manage to get the last few hundred dollars!

KodiakBehr

We're rooting for you!

Stupot

Well blow me, you've only gone and done it :-)

dactylopus

Congratulations, guys.  You managed to pull it off at the last minute.

Kudos!  Can't wait to see how the game turns out.  I wasn't able to back it, but I will certainly be playing it when all is said and done.

Retro Wolf

I had a feeling it was going to be funded at the last moment! Congratulations!

Matt Frith

Congrats guys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk