The remarkable insult sword fighting competition! ROUND 2

Started by Andail, Fri 11/10/2013 16:14:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

The remarkable insult sword fighting competition!*
* No actual swords are involved.

Rules are simple. You sign up here. When the registration process is over, I'll randomly pit duelists against each other. They then trade insults until the time is up, and the others will vote for the winner. Rhyming will render bonus points. Failure to respond within the allocated time will result in walkover.

Phase one, registration
We will let people sign up here for a couple of days before the fights begin.

Phase two, duelling
Using incredibly advanced randomizing algorithms I will assign the pairs, and start up the match-threads, and say who begins.
Rules for insult sword fighting:
* You must reply within 24 hours, or it's a WO. Otherwise this will drag on forever.
* You may never double post.
* You may not edit your post after the remorse-period of a minute (if there's an "edited" message in your post, you're out!)
* You don't have to rhyme, but it's great if you do! Oh and you can't end all your insults with "orange" just to sabotage.
* Unlike MI, our insults can vary in length, and be several lines long. There are no limits here, really.
* All matches last for 5 days.
* This should be a fun competition, so don't go overboard with personal insults. However, you must tolerate a certain amount of mockery, or this won't make sense. So don't join if you're totally super sensitive. For instance, if I joined, I would have to prepare myself to be mocked for being so provokingly awesome.

Phase three, voting
When the first round of duelling is over, I will open a poll for each and every thread, and the general populace will get to vote for a period of two days.

Phase four, round two
While the losers of round 1 will fade away in shame, the winners will be pitted against each others in a second round like a band of rabid hounds... pitted against... another band of rabid hounds. So it's basically phase 1 through 3 all over again. Until there's only one person standing. And that's how we play Insult Sword Fighting.

Babar

Heh...be interesting to see a more organised version of this. Be hilarious if we could've had some sort of tiered tournament, but I guess it is a little difficult to judge the quality of an insult.
I hereby sign up...ya filthy mog!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Stupot

Count me in.
Are we going with the same system of responding to the previous insult and then posing another one for your opponent?

CaptainD

CadetD registering here, Sir!  Hoping to be made a Captain one day...

Ryan Timothy B

One rule I suggest: No swearing or bad sexual innuendo (keep it Disney).

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Radiant

Icey

Eric

kaput

Ok, I'm in. You guys are making it quite easy so far.

Baron

I will sign up if each round is extended to 24 hours (from the current 10), as I don't have around the clock access to the internet.  Do you really need to be insulted 2.4 times per day? ;)

Andail

Quote from: Baron on Sat 12/10/2013 05:30:32
I will sign up if each round is extended to 24 hours (from the current 10), as I don't have around the clock access to the internet.  Do you really need to be insulted 2.4 times per day? ;)
Fair enough!

CaptainD

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 11/10/2013 22:20:52

I second this. ;-D

Adeel

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 12/10/2013 18:02:44
Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 11/10/2013 22:20:52

I second this. ;-D

I third this. Plus, the insults should only be directed to the rival. Not his/her family, especially parents! (nod)

SIGN ME IN! ;-D

Andail

Ok, we're on!
Please check your respective thread to begin the rumbling.
Oh and you have 24 hours to respond to each other, as per Baron's request. Of course, you can respond as quickly as you want (to make it more exciting for everyone) :)

Adeel is automatically qualified for next round.

Stupot

Let the offending begin.
Can I just clarify before I respond to Babar?  Do we do as we did in the other thread, write two insults: one witty retort and then a new one for our opponent to respond to?

Andail

Not necessarily - you can write as long as you want. You can ramble on forever about the various shortcomings of Babar.

Hehe, Adeel, what a very strange typo on my part!

Ryan Timothy B

Oh snap. I responded to Captain D then remembered that I forgot to counter insult him. That's what we're supposed to do? Right? Only because it's a competition it's making me wonder if it's stops at my response or if I send out another.

Edit: Now I've read it again (should've had an actual Monkey Island example in your top post though). "They then trade insults until the time is up, and the others will vote for the winner." So I'm going to assume that, yes, I need to insult him now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk