King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

Quote from: Intense Degree on Fri 08/11/2013 15:04:09
>ASK JESTER who seeks audience?

I think we already know this:

Quote from: JESTERPeople from the town can come to meet you and seek your guidance, permission or assistance for all sorts of things. As a matter of fact I think the guild leaders and the head of the newly formed Farmer's Union are gathering outside in the hallway already.

so instead:
>agree with the JESTER to grant some people an audience

(we need to know more about our own kingdom, and I don't exactly trust the JESTER for some reason.)

Adeel

> INQUIRE JESTER ABOUT THE PRINCESS AND HER WHEREABOUTS.

Tabata

> ASK JESTER who are the guild leaders and the head of the newly formed Farmer's Union, let him tell you what he knows about those persons and grant audience to the first person/group afterwards

NightHawk

>GRANT AUDIENCE to the guild leaders.

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

Radiant

> hold AUDITIONS for court WIZARD.

cat

> EMPLOY a CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD

What if any of the guild leaders tries to kill us?

miguel

It was my first idea as well, cat!

WHAM

-------------------------

"Jester, I wish to know more of these guild leaders you spoke of."

“Well, my King!” -the voice of Mr Jester shrieks gleefully as he taps his feet. “The guildmasters are the very same people who helped you reclaim your evil brother's throne! The supplied you with men and equipment as well as finances and all of them, I believe, like you very much. However, now that you are king, they are no longer your allies and friends, but loyal subjects, and thus I believe they will wish to re-introduce themselves properly. Shall I present them?"

You nod to yourself and call out to permit the masters of the three guilds enter. The three men are dressed in fine clothes and seem regal enough. Right behind them, practically bouncing with energy, comes a  young girl in dirt-encrusted boots and pants and a straw hat, pitchfork in hand. You wince at the display, but decide to wait this out and see if there is a sensible explanation to this.

Before any of the three men so much as have a chance to bow down to you Kingship, the farm girl bounces forward and gives you a gleeful smirk.

“Howdy! Name's Cat, ‘n I'm here to represent th' farmer's un'un! Since we helped you overtthor... Overttthrf... Get ridda' th' ol' King, you promised us farmfolk that we all coulds have respent... umm, reperent... representas... Heck it! Well, ya'll know! We had a talk ‘n a vote ‘n a wrestle ‘n it seems I got elected for th' job so here I am. If'n there's ever ‘nything ya'll might need to know about us common folk, ah'll be glad to tell ya'll about it!”

She pauses after delivering her line, glances over her shoulder, then seems to remember herself and gives you a curt little bow. You simply sit there, speechless to see such behavior in a royal court. This isn't quite what you had expected from your first day as king.

“Oh! King! Iff'n you ever want to talk to me, ask about anythin'g or somesuch, just holler and SUMMON me! Buh-bai!”

With that the girl turns around and skips out of your courtroom, the two-pronged pitchfork swinging from side to side. As the sounds of her booted steps grow distant, the three remaining representatives gather their wits and make their best efforts at smiling.

The first to step forward is a tall man sporting a spiky-blonde haircut that makes your gleaming bald head jealous, as well as a fancy purple set of robes.

“Greetings, My King, my name is Dennis of the Frostsea family. With the trader's guild in turmoil after the change in leadership up here, it has fallen to me to take on the task of leading the TRADERS GUILD. We handle all trade in the town, from running the marketplace for local goods all the way to trading with foreign nations. Additionally, of course, we ensure that trade taxes are paid in full to the Crown's coffers.

We are currently not trading with other nations, however, as the writs of trade were lost with the previous guildmaster, but I am certain I will be able to re-establish trade as soon as we re-establish contact with the other kingdoms and tribes.

Should you ever wish to know more about our trades or to make requests or demands of me and my guild regarding prices, taxation, tariffs or anything of the sort, simply SUMMON me and I will heed your call, Sire.”

The man bows down, you notice his hair is unaffected by gravity, and steps back in line with the other two.

Another man steps forward, this one sporting a set of black official's clothes over shimmering white silk. The man gives a deep bow, then slowly straightens his back. He has a very official and businesslike look to him.

“My King, I am Mandarb, and I am the leader of the guild of Craftsmen. My assistants and myself manage all of the craftsmen in the town, including weaponsmiths, armorsmiths, toolsmiths, potters, wood-carvers and the like. You could say that whatever Mr Dennis here trades, we produce, well, except for foodstuffs, which fall to Miss Cat's area of expertize. If ever you need us to produce something specific or special, you may approach us freely and we will do our best to provide. I will also seek your audience if we ever need assistance with anything.

At this time production of all goods is balanced and running smoothly. There are no shortages of raw materials.

If you ever wish to speak to me for any reason, you may SUMMON me at any time.”

With another no-nonsense bow, the man steps back.

The last remaining representative steps up and bows deep, a theatrical swagger in his every move. You notice a finely crafted ornate hilt of a dagger glinting in his belt.

“My King, I am Construed of the Grimm family line, and I come to you representing the builder's guild! We handle all construction work in the town and should you ever wish us to expand or improve the town, you may count on our services! You see, for example, right now we are drawing up plans for the new city wall! I believe that in a few short years we could upgrade the run-down palisade into a hundred-meters tall stone fort covered in inch-thick gold plate to awe and amaze our friends and enemies alike! I assure you, you will see that we can make anything true!

Simply SUMMON me to commission a structure of any shape or size, I am sure we will succeed in pleasing you, my King!”

The man bows, then steps back.

Having made themselves known to you, the guildmasters prepare to take their leave, unless you wish more of them. Mr Jester is already eager at the door in case you wish to admit another AUDIENCE from amongst those waiting to present themselves to you outside of your throne room. You can hear the clattering of armor plates outside.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Radiant

> Ask CONSTRUED to start CONSTRUCTION of a BALLISTA TOWER near the city gate, unless we already have one, and to provide a list of all relevant buildings currently found in the city.

(if ballistae are not available, cannon or catapults are acceptable alternatives)

miguel

>SUMMON Dennis from the TRADERS GUILD and ask him to initiate contacts with neighbouring nations;
>ASK Dennis for a LIST of nations we had trading with;

cat

Wheee, I am a farmer :-D

Quote from: miguel on Sun 10/11/2013 17:41:51
>ASK Dennis for a LIST of nations we had trading with;
As far as I understood the list is lost, we have to send out someone first to explore the surroundings and find other nations.

Quote from: Radiant on Sun 10/11/2013 16:19:18
> Ask CONSTRUED to start CONSTRUCTION of a BALLISTA TOWER near the city gate, unless we already have one, and to provide a list of all relevant buildings currently found in the city.

That's pointless unless we have someone to operate it. We should
and
> EMPLOY an EXPEDITIONS EXPLORING the land

NightHawk

Quote from: cat on Sun 10/11/2013 17:48:00
and
> EMPLOY an EXPEDITIONS EXPLORING the land
+1

miguel

Ghost

All those cameos made me dizzy and we *are* the King, aren't we? Shouldn't we make sure those Guild Heads have a good opinion about their ruler? So:
> INVITE GUILD HEADS to a refreshing DRINK

Baron

How did I miss this thread?!?  I think employing anybody is a bit of a stretch with only 20 gold pieces to our name.  I agree that the priority should be revenue: either tax the peasants or get trade back up and running.  Since the traders seem eager to pay taxes, that's probably the path of least resistance.  So....

Quote from: cat on Sun 10/11/2013 17:48:00
EMPLOY an EXPEDITIONS EXPLORING the land

+1 on this, unless it's not that simple.  Otherwise.... >ADVERTISE for HERO.  :=

CaptainD

ANNOUNCE a Kingdom-Wide, no holds barred, Tickle Contest.  The winner will go on a quest to find treasure.

WHAM

“Jester!” -you call out. “I think our coffers need filling and what better way than to make new friends and learn more of the land now that I rule over it. We need to hire an expedition at once!”

“My King” -the Jester replies “In order to send out an expedition, we need to have hired one or more HEROES. Alas, I see several suitable candidates out in the hall, awaiting their audience with the King, and I am sure many of them are here to offer their services. Allow me to present the first candidate!”

Since sending out an expedition without men seems a bit daft, you decide to nod and approve the audience.

Plate and chain clatters as nearly two dozen men in gleaming steel armor stomp into the throne room. All of the men wear helmets and crests of families whose names you do not recall, however the leader of the group seems somehow familiar to you. Maybe you've met him once, long ago. The man kneels clumsily in his heavy armor, before righting himself to speak.

“King of Grimdark...”

The Jester winces visibly and pipes up to interrupt: “My King, we might wish to renaming of the kingdom at some point! Just a thought...”

The jester slinks aside.

The knight before you continues without missing a beat: “...I am Sir Lancelot. My family line and the families serving us have been sworn to offer our service to the crown, and for that purpose I have come to present myself.

For the price of five gold coins a year, I, Sir Lancelot, and my 20 knights, will offer our services to the Crown, serving as guards and doing your bidding for as long as thine rule is just and fair.

As you can see, the last part of our contract severed our ties with the old king, and we were forced into exile, but now, as a new king has risen to rule the land, I feel we can offer ourselves to you once more.

What say you, King of Grimdark, will you allow this old HERO and his men to SERVE you?”
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

NightHawk

> Hire Sir Lancelot and send him out to explore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk