Conspirocracy

Started by KodiakBehr, Sun 08/12/2013 20:12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

KodiakBehr

A schoolteacher wakes to find his entire life is missing from public record.  His bank account, his health care, his credit cards are all frozen when the government declares him to be a non-person.  As he takes the steps necessary to pull his life back together, he becomes aware of nefarious forces that have conspired against him.  The truth, it seems, is never pure and rarely simple.

Conspirocracy starts in an exaggerated, highly-bureaucratic re-imagining of Toronto, Canada.  Medical droids serve as gatekeepers between patients and doctors.  The activities of beggars and buskers are regulated and tasked.  Airport security is taken to an more extreme, disconcerting level.  As the player, you will have your work cut out for you finding what you're looking for when the system is stacked heavily against you.

Loosely inspired by Douglas Adams' Bureaucracy (1987), Conspirocracy is a comedy that introduces the player to an eclectic cast of characters in a wide variety of locations as he uncovers the secret of what became of his identity.

Only for Windows, English Language

Hate Desura?  You can also pick it up at Fireflower Games

FEATURES

• A complete story with a large cast of voiced characters, challenging puzzles and lots to see and do.
  • Unlockable achievements for players who discover the many easter-eggs hidden within.
  • A "stress" management system.  Our hero has a weak heart and too many stressful incidents will elevate his blood pressure with dire consequences.  As you explore, you will need to find ways to relax and keep from losing your temper.
  • Our hero carries a cellphone and a tablet with him wherever he goes.  From any point in the game you can peruse a selection of apps that you have installed.
  • A dynamic hint-system that, if activated, will provide a nudge in the right direction when players get a little stuck.
  • Two different endings (with rumours of a secret third-ending for the dedicated explorer) based on two different perspectives you may have about the events surrounding the loss of your identity.

MEDIA

AdventureGamers.com
Complex Gaming
IndieGames.com
Indie Game Insider

For myself, and a lot of others in the AGS community, this has been a labour of love for the past year and a half.  You can see our development history that took us to this point.  My sincere gratitude to all our supporters during the IndieGoGo campaign, the patient guidance of Khris, monkey and the others on the technical guidance forums along with the welcoming, supportive and fun AGS community.  Special mention goes to Greg, who worked tirelessly at gunpoint to produce all of the featured audio, Denis for writing an amazing 22-SONG SOUNDTRACK for the game, Edwyn for recording thousands of lines, Nicky, Geoff, Kahlief, Joel -- thank you.

CaptainD

Congrats KB!  I know it's been a long journey for you to get to this point - game looks awesome. :cheesy:

Stupot

Congratulations on the release Kodiak :)

selmiak

congrats on the relase  ;-D
is there a demo available somewhere?

KodiakBehr

I'm afraid there isn't a demo.  There are a few videos though.

Making a demo will be my next priority, I think.

kconan

Cool, congrats on the release!  I'm looking forward to checking it out when I get a bit of spare time.

frenzykitty

Proud to have contributed my voice to this stunning game :D

CaptainD

Are you also going to add the game to the AGS games page?  (After you have a demo, presumably. :-D)

NickyNyce

Congrats on the release, Kodiak!

I know you put a ton of love into this thing and it really paid off. A good day for fighting blindness, and a well made and fun adventure game.

Great job, well done.

Stupot

This game is absolutely amazing!

I'm still playing it, but it has so far been a tremendously fun experience.
Well done to Kodiak and all you other people involved in this. Pats on backs all round. Just such a clever game, so many great touches, and really funny.
Put it this way, when I stopped playing for the night, I expected my clock to say around midnight, but it was 2am (nod)

Thumbs up!

JSH

Congrats man, it turned out great :)

kaput

Congrats to the team! I'll definitely try and pick this one up when I get a little bit spare cash. The list of features are quite impressive, I must say. Hope it does well.

Slasher

QuoteA "stress" management system.  Our hero has a weak heart and too many stressful incidents will elevate his blood pressure with dire consequences.  As you explore, you will need to find ways to relax and keep from losing your temper.
That kind of reminds me of another game ;)

Stupot

Finally finished it. Brilliant game. I'm going to stick my neck out and say this might just be my favourite adventure game of this year.
If you stick it on the AGS games database, Kodiak, I can rate and comment it :-)

Spoiler
I got 4 out of 5 achievements.  How do you get the top one?
[close]

KodiakBehr

Well thank you very much for the high praise!  We've also received a lot of great feedback through Desura, and from those who pre-ordered.  I'm glad you enjoyed it -- we certainly had a lot of fun making it.

I've added it to the AGS games database though I can't seem to figure out how to add more than one picture.  If somebody could send me some guidance on that, that'd be awesome.

We have submitted Conspirocracy to a number of sites for review and consideration, and we`re looking forward to getting some feedback from them.

To answer your question,

Spoiler
The first achievement, "Hole In One" can only be obtained if you manage to get the golf ball in the cup on your first try.
[close]

LUniqueDan

Wow ! I should browse the Forums more oftenly. Gratz on the release ! I'm very happy you get through it. Going to buy it next month.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

SarahLiz

I absolutely love playing this game, I love everything about it.  It's beautifully drawn and I'm having a lot of fun with it in my spare time.  Well--except that I seem to get stuck on several different puzzles like, oh, once every 5 minutes.

I know I'm probably going to get flogged for saying this BUT... as an extremely proud and happy backer of this game, I just really wish there was a walkthrough for it...:(  Even the "hint" system is only helping me a very small amount...I don't usually have trouble solving adventure game puzzles to quite this extent, but for some reason I'm really struggling with this one--which is REALLY frustrating me because since I love it so much, I would really like to finish it!

So...anyone?  Walkthrough coming maybe at some point, like in 2014 sometime?  I couldn't help myself, I just had to ask...

:(:(:(

KodiakBehr

Thank you Sarah, this is our first commercial game and we're really glad that it's getting such a positive reception!  Not to reveal too much at this early stage, but significant progress has already been made on an ambitious and unique new title that will be made using the AGS Engine, and that wouldn't be possible without the support of the indie community on Conspirocracy.

I will commit to releasing a walkthrough after the holiday season.  In the interim, if you're really stuck, you can always send me a private message asking for a clue, or ask for a hint in this thread.

Problem

There's a nice review of Conspirocracy at Indie Game Insider.
It's a good read, and it pretty well sums up what the game is about.

KodiakBehr

In celebration of...uh...January, the AGS awards, my impending marriage, houseplant appreciation day (JANUARY 10th, NEVER FORGET) and other great things...

Conspirocracy is now 75% off for the month of January

(And if the $2.50 is just too much to stomach, send me a message and I'll give you a free copy so long as you make the request in the most bureaucratic way possible.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk