AGS World Cup Prediction League 2014

Started by Stupot, Sat 07/06/2014 13:05:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Thanks for predictions Selmiak. Unfortunately, the group D games kicked off long before you posted them. :~(

@Cassie, well spotted. I had only updated one of the two links in the OP when we changed to the new automated spreadsheet. I'm surprised nobody else picked up on this. Should be all fixed now.

CaptainD

Why did Columbia have to go and score that 4th goal?!?!?  I could have done with a correct result, having a really bad run atm!  (What's with scoring 4 goals anyway?  Don't they know their best striker is injured?!)

Cassiebsg

Wow! How did that happen that I'm in 2nd-3rd place?
I thought all my "predictions" where way off (those that I actually thought would be correct, anyway...)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Oh come ON.  42 group matches played, and I've only got 2 scorelines correct.  (Why did Argentina have to go and score a third?  Can I have half a point for the scoreline being right at 49 minutes?!?)

Khris

Jun-28 1700    Brazil 3 - 1 Chile
Jun-28 2100    Colombia 3 - 1 Uruguay
Jun-29 1700    Netherlands 2 - 1 Mexico
Jun-29 2100    Costa Rica 2 - 0 Greece

Stupot

@ Cap'n, yeah that's too bad, I'm actually quite surprised how low scoring this whole thing is.  It's not that we're crap, just that football is a lot more unpredictable than I gave it credit for.  I bet if even Alan Hanson or someone had joined in he wouldn't be that far in front, if at all. I've since been and looked at some other online prediction leagues and realised a lot of them do also give points for half-time guesses.  That's Also how I got the wildcard idea.

@ Cassie, yeah you're doing well, but who can usurp the Cat prowling at the head of the pride?

@ Khris, thanks for your new predictions.

selmiak

I'll drop my predictions for the next round anyways now as I'll be off for the weekend and some...

Colombia   -   vs.   -   Uruguay: 4:2
Costa Rica   -   vs.   -   Greece: 1:0
1 E   -   vs.   -   Nigeria: 2:1
1 G   -   vs.   -   2 H: 1:2 :)
Argentina   -   vs.   -   2 E: 1:3
1 H   -   vs.   -   2 G: 2:0 :)

Stupot

Hehe okay mate. If you do wanna change one or two of them as the teams come through, I'm sure it could be arranged :)

selmiak

update:
1 G   -   vs.   -   2 H: 2:1 ;)

edit:
please add our names under the totals of the groupphase again, the scrolling makes me dizzy.

cat

Jun-28  1700 Brazil 2 vs 1 Chile
Jun-28  2100 Colombia 1 vs 2 Uruguay
Jun-29  1700 Netherlands 2 vs 1 Mexico
Jun-29  2100 Costa Rica 0 vs 1 Greece

selmiak

wait, can there even be a draw in the last groupphase games?

miguel

It's all due to points, then confronts between teams with the same points and then goal averages.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

DoorKnobHandle

selmiak

and then bareknuckle cagefights...

CaptainD

~I'm really tempted to change my prediction for the Portugal vs Ghana game, but if I do, Portugal will probably win 2-1, which would have scored me 3 points.  So I'll leave it unchanged, confident that I have now ensured that it will not end up with that scoreline. :X

CaptainD

Well, it seems that not changing my predication was a good move!! :grin::grin::grin:

Just need Germany and USA to both score a goal before the end of the match and I'll have scored as many points as in the last 4 days put together.  :shocked:

tzachs

Nice one CaptainD!

Jun-28  1700 Brazil 2 vs 1 Chile
Jun-28  2100 Colombia 1 vs 0 Uruguay
Jun-29  1700 Netherlands 3 vs 1 Mexico
Jun-29  2100 Costa Rica 0 vs 0 Greece

Stupot

Gah. The one day I get a nice two points in two games, and everyone else gets four. I'm useless at this :-(

CaptainD

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 26/06/2014 20:58:54
Gah. The one day I get a nice two points in two games, and everyone else gets four. I'm useless at this :-(

I'm sure you'll climb the table with a great prediction in the double points next round with your wild card earning you even more points! :cheesy:

Haggis

Now the games really begin!

Brazil 3 vs 2 Chile
Colombia 3 vs 1 Uruguay
Netherlands 2 vs 1 Mexico
Costa Rica 1 vs 0 Greece
France 2 vs 1 Nigeria
Germany 2 vs 0 Algeria
Argentina 4 vs 1 Switzerland
Belgium 2 vs 1 USA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk