Dialogues not activating after rebuilding game!

Started by Bandersnatch, Tue 09/09/2014 23:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandersnatch

Hi,

I recently started using AGS on an iMac running Parallels rather than using my old PC. In doing so I tried to copy the old files for one of my tech demos over to work on it but it wouldn't work properly. I had to rebuild everything from the ground up by exporting/importing all my characters, sprites etc. and that seems to have worked okay.
However as dialogues can't be exported, I just retyped them all...

Now when I try to tell my character to talk to an NPC nothing happens! The dialogues all have the same names and (seemingly) the same properties so I'm not sure why this is happening. I even edited the Global Script again and re-entered the dialogues to see if that would work but to no avail.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Khris

I'm just going to ask the usual: did you link the functions to the "talk to character" events? And could you post the functions so we can take a look?

Bandersnatch

Okay so I'm not entirely sure what happened - something wen horribly wrong with one of my scripts and then when I reimported the room everything was working. Not sure how that worked.
Now I hate to say it but I'm going to have to bump a really old thread of mine which I couldn't quite get to the bottom of...

Khris

Weird, given that character functions are in GlobalScript.asc, not room scripts. Next time something like that happens, try rebuilding the game from the menu.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk