Help with a little pixel cat

Started by BrutalSlakt, Tue 28/10/2014 22:29:57

Previous topic - Next topic

BrutalSlakt

Hey you wonderfully talented people! So I decided on making a game were cats play a big part, just to realise that I'm very bad at pixeling cats. (roll) So now I've come to ask for help.

The sideview has been the easiest and I'm ok with what I've managed to do so far (but wouldn't say no to something better of course). But the front view, oh the front view (and back). I've tried to make it match the type of view I have for the humans but it just looks weird and bad. I've realised that since he's smaller than the humans you should see some of his back too but I don't think that will help my skills. ^^

So enough talking let's look at what I have. I thought it could be good to show a background and character also so you see the perspective and style etc.

Giraffadon

Hey.

I like what you have done already.
There is a discrepancy between the styles of cat.
The side being realistic and the front more cartoon-like.
If your game is 'cat-heavy' then the best thing to do is study.
Draw cats from all angles, see how they move, how they are put together.
There may be a video of a cat on the internet somewhere for reference. ;)

Good luck!

BrutalSlakt

The difference between the cat styles is cause I can't manage to do it better in the front view.
I've looked at a bunch of cats and videos and also other pixel cats etc. But my cat is so small so it doesn't help me that much unfortunately. :(

[delete}

A litte brave tomcat and a cute beauty-cat. It was fun rotating those sprites, quite a challenge.

cat

I think your paintover of the room was great, Amy!

But your cat sprite here is also super cute :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk