Unnecessary posts

Started by Slasher, Mon 26/01/2015 08:51:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi

I think more stricter moderation by mods is needed for unnecessary posts that are used to plainly bump and / or are very ill fitting (nod)

I have also recently seen someone who has endlessly posted within minutes of each post.

I'm not a killjoy but find this unnecessary and at times irritating.

Sometimes what has been said should be in a PM and addressed instead.

8-0

Andail

Is this pertaining to Rumpus or the forums in general?
We always try to respond to reports, so it's important to always report to moderators when you feel someone has violated the policies.

Dualnames

I frankly think lately the forums are lacking activity, even bumping-wise. I can't say I recall of anyone bumping something, and i definitely cannot recall a topic requiring moderation.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Retro Wolf

I've found that when new users repeatedly stretch or break the rules, they soon get the message and either conform or simply disappear.
I agree it can be annoying, but the results can often be amusing.

As far as moderators cracking down, I think they're doing well.
While I've not always agreed with every single forum rule, the AGS community is just the best.

Stupot

I can't say I've noticed any moderation-requiring activity recently either (shoot, maybe that means I'M the culprit (wtf) )

Which threads in particular are you talking about?

MiteWiseacreLives!

Is it too soon for me to *BUMP* this post?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk