Constantly playing sound whenever a particular character is speaking

Started by Firgof, Mon 01/06/2015 23:43:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Firgof

When a particular character speaks AGS plays every tenth of a second or so the last sound file in its index (as far as I can determine).

Assigning VOX to that line doesn't seem to help.  Switching the line over to another character does, however, resolve the issue.
This is the dialogue in question.  The issue begins after @1 and continues with every line spoken by cVoshim
Code: ags

cNar: "You vex me, mortal.  You come here unbeckoned, unwanted."
cNar: "You defile this holy place of remembrance with your every breath."
cNar: "What is it you want? Freedom from death? The release of a lost love?"
return
@1
cVoshim: "A mistake?  Naieve."
cVoshim: "You are an inconvenience and a burden I am responsible for - but this meeting is no mistake."
[...]

I can't get this problem to replicate in other parts of the project with lines spoken by any other character.  I have vox'd dialogues and non-vox'd dialogues and they all work except for this last particular one.
If there's any information I can pull from my project that would aid in tracking down this issue and resolving it, please let me know.

Khris

Just a wild guess: open cVoshim's SpeechView and check the frames for assigned sounds.

Firgof

All the frames are Sound (None) I'm afraid.

Monsieur OUXX

I didn't understand the issue and I'm frustrated because that sounds interesting. Is it about talkie games? How do you "assign a vox to a line of dialog"?

ollj

Joe

Did you solve the problem? If so please tell, otherwise upload a minimal version of your game to reproduce the problem please.
Copinstar © Oficial Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk