MAGS August: "It's Summer!" (VOTE)

Started by Atelier, Wed 05/08/2015 00:23:04

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Game is out to the testers, now waiting for some feedback before release.
*crosses fingers*
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Chicky

MY BRAIN HURTS >:(

But i'm -almost- done! 67 rooms SO MANY FOLDERS o_o

Good luck on the testing WHAM :) I probably have more bugs than Australia.

*Edit: Game is now fully playable from start to finish! Now to bug hunt and add some missing sound effects.

My first proper MAGS entry :-D

vertigoaddict

I dont have enough time to do what I want to do it seems, life is eating away at my time everytime I think I would have time it would disappear time and time again.
Say that 10 times really fast.
I'm simplifying a bunch of stuff I wanted to do blah blah blah, I just hope it doesn't end up to be a boring game. =(

Mandle

Quote from: WHAM on Mon 31/08/2015 07:09:21
Game is out to the testers, now waiting for some feedback before release.
*crosses fingers*

As one of your testers I must just say this:

WOW!!!

Oh, one more thing:

WOW!!!

And, in closing:

WOW!!!

That's all I think I should say, given that the contest is still running but...

WOW!!! nonetheless...

Gilbert

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 02/09/2015 06:20:52
WOW!!!
WOW!!!
WOW!!!
WOW!!!
Does that mean the game's quality and size is comparable to FOUR World of Warcraft? :=

WHAM

I think Mandle might be a bit over-enthusiastic here, but I'm proud of the game too.
Release thread here: www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52632

May the best game win! :D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Chicky

I'm done! Totally super really definitely done!

Will get a beta out tomorrow at midday, if anyone wants to help test I would need reports in before the day is up (nod)

But otherwise, I will release and hope that there aren't any major errors in any of the 82 rooms (laugh)

vertigoaddict

I am finally "technichally" done, I just have to add in the voices (that's going to be fun) and it's all a go. Woohoo!

Chicky

Here's my entry link to GIP forum. Yay!

It was great fun and feels pretty awesome to finally have a game out there that I can be proud of :)

WHAM

Quote from: Chicky on Fri 04/09/2015 21:16:08
Here's my entry link to GIP forum. Yay!

It was great fun and feels pretty awesome to finally have a game out there that I can be proud of :)

Cooool... I know what I'll be doing tomorrow! :D

Mandle

SO: Three entries fully released and one more pretty much in the bag by the sounds of it...

How's anyone/everyone else doing? PlayPretend? You still around?

There is about 24 hours left until the deadline!!!

vertigoaddict

Unfortunately I haven't completed putting in all of the voice acting, but I'll sort that out around after voting ends (and I probably should fix AGS1 as well in the meantime...)

Here it is:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1959/

Enjoyssss!

The Great Underground Empire

I'm still around but no way I'll be finished in time. :/  Life saw fit to fill up my usually free time with friend time and I couldn't say no.  I'm going to push hard to finish it by Monday night but no worries, it's just silliness anyways. :)  Good luck and super proud for everyone who made it!

Ponch

Sadly, I'm out too. OROW gobbled up what little free time I had. I have maybe half the game done, so that's the fifth (sixth?) MAGS game I've started but not finished since my last completed MAGS entry. It's all a bit demoralizing, actually.

Fingers crossed we'll have a "Finish Your MAGS" theme before the end of the year. It would be nice to finish at least one of these things at some point. :undecided:

Good luck to everyone else! :smiley:

Mandle

Okay....It's time to start the voting. Sorry to hear about the entries that didn't quite get finished and hope to see them released in the future.

Please vote here in the thread but only after having played all the entries please. Vote only for your favourite out of all the entries but feel free to leave comments on the others as well.

If for any reason you wish to vote anonymously then please send me a PM with your vote and I will post it here without your identity.

Whoops...sorry for the bogus instructions...I thought I was supposed to do something but I see not...

cat

Two questions:

• Is there an overview of the final entries and where I can download the last version?
  • Why is the voting not done on the MAGS-page?

Atelier

Quote from: cat on Sun 06/09/2015 12:16:58
Why is the voting not done on the MAGS-page?

It is - Mandle, the competition only closed last night, give me a chance ;) Please do not post your votes in this thread or PM anybody.

Four entries this month!

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

The Cold Hand Reef by WHAM
Linn the Protector and The Seven Daughters of Ran by Grok
Bitstream by Chicky
All Gone Soon 2 by vetrigoaddict

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice!

Overview and download is available here. I'll close voting on 20th Sep. Good luck all!

Atelier

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 06/09/2015 03:29:40
Fingers crossed we'll have a "Finish Your MAGS" theme before the end of the year.

The only way that will be guaranteed is by a Ponch win this year ;)

Bulbapuck

Once again a fantastic MAGS competition! All entries were so different that it's difficult to compare them.

As usual (trying to make it a tradition) I made LP's of all the games.
Playlist is here if interested: https://youtu.be/Ks-wLHGAy6c?list=PLEem6SKeUgpUTdSg7d7oRYNsiAD7NyGrD

WHAM

Quote from: Bulbapuck on Tue 08/09/2015 11:03:14
Once again a fantastic MAGS competition! All entries were so different that it's difficult to compare them.

As usual (trying to make it a tradition) I made LP's of all the games.
Playlist is here if interested: https://youtu.be/Ks-wLHGAy6c?list=PLEem6SKeUgpUTdSg7d7oRYNsiAD7NyGrD

Oooh man, that IS a bug I will have to look into. Thanks for the Let's Play and letting me know, will upload a fix today.
It was also a lot of fun watching you try and parse what all the speech bubbles meant. Hope you'll take the time to finish the game sometime. ;)

Edit: uploaded a fix already, the issue was with a sprite being assigned an incorrect baseline value, which caused it to appear in an inappropriate (and creepy) place. :D
EditEdit: Ha! I knew you sounded swedish! Just checked your forum profile. Greeting from neighboring Finland. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk