AdventureX 2015 - London - videos on pages 4 & 5

Started by , Mon 19/10/2015 05:10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Back for a 5th year:

AdventureX 2015
http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk
Sat Dec 12th and Sun Dec 13th 2015

Stuart Hall Building (aka New Academic Building)
Goldsmiths University of London
Lewisham Way, New Cross, London SE14 6NW

Sponsored kindly by
WADJET EYE GAMES
CBE SOFTWARE
SANCTUARY INTERACTIVE
GOLDSMITHS UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
SKYGOBLIN
ADVENTURE-TREFF
SCREEN 7

FREE ENTRY

Please Tweet about the event! Use hashtag #AdventureX

Please Like us on Facebook to receive news and alerts: https://www.facebook.com/adventurexpo

Doors open 10:00am. Show ends 5.30pm daily. Join us for drinks on Saturday night at a nearby pub!

Special Guests
Ian Thomas (Sat)
Steve Ince (Sun)

Talks/features/panels/masterclasses
Dave Gilbert - State of the game, selling indie games in 2015
Stefano Collavini - Sprite animations in After Effects
A Golden Wake - Post-mortem with Francisco Gonzalez
J.U.L.I.A. - Post-mortem with Jan Kavan
Panel 1 - are there too many indie games?
Panel 2 - TBC
AdventureX quiz with Ali
AdventureX awards + prize draws

Demos/games on show
Shardlight
The Adventure Creator*
Order of the Throne
Tales
Ilios ~ Betrayal of Gods
Fran Bow
Adventure Creator**
Legend of Hand
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
The Slaughter
J.U.L.I.A. and new CBE Software project
Meeting
Mask of the Mountain
Downfall

Exhibitors
Sanctuary Interactive
CBE Software s.r.o.
Skygoblin
Infamous Quests
Big Cow Studios
Aurora Studio
Nerial
Killymonday Games
INTUITION
Ali/ASH
Cloak & Dagger Games
Icebox Games
Brainchild
Teaplay
Everture Studios Ltd.

Other things:
On-site cafe serving tea, coffee & snacks
Free WiFi, disabled access (lifts) + toilets
Wide variety of shops, pubs + restaurants 5 mins from venue

Saturday, Zone A
=================

10:00Doors Open
10:30Welcome to AdvX & trailers part 1
11:00Talk #1: Dave Gilbert, state of the game 2015
11:30Demo #1: CBE Software, To be revealed...
12:00Talk #2: postmortem - A Golden Wake (Grundislav Games)
12:30Demo #2: Reign - game of thrones meets tinder
13:00BREAK
13:30BREAK
14:00Special guest: Ian Thomas
14:30Special guest: Ian Thomas
15:00Panel #1: "This Story Isn't For You"
15:30Panel #1: "This Story Isn't For You"
16:00Talk #3: AdventureX quiz (with Ali)
16:30Demo #3: Ilios Betrayal of Gods
17:00Charity auction + Prize draw
17:30End of day 1

Sunday, Zone A
===============

10:00Doors open
10:30Welcome to AdventureX & trailers part 2
11:00Talk #4: Stefano Collavini, sprites + aftereffects
11:30Demo #4: The Adventure Creator (for iPad)
12:00Talk #5: JULIA post-motrtem (CBE software)
12:30Demo #5: Shardlight
13:00Break
13:30Break
14:00Special guest: Steve Ince
14:30Special guest: Steve Ince
15:00Panel #2: "Are There Too Many Indie Games?"
15:30Panel #2: "Are There Too Many Indie Games?"
16:00Talk #6: One Man Indie Development - Alex Francois (the slaughter)
16:30Demo #6: Downfall
17:00AdventureX awards + prize draw
17:30End of day 2

View schedule on the website: http://www.screen7.co.uk/adventurex/schedule.html

AGS attendees include: Mods (mark), Azure (becky), theSynapse (tom), Dave Gilbert, Grundislav, Yeppoh, Miez, Blount, Broomie, Intense Degree, theo, Grim, JSH, Technocrat, cat, ddq, Ali, MattFrith, Dragontoad, yamipanda, ... let me know if you're coming!

This year we have an exhibitor space and a lecture theatre which will host a single track of content across both days, including a selection of talks and game demonstrations, a special guest and a panel on each day. We do not get any freebies this year just a bit of a discount so too expensive to have multiple rooms. We will have the cafe open though on both days and that also creates another space to chill out and chat.

As there will not be separate rooms, everything is condensed into a single track line up this year. Doors open a little earlier than usual and the day ends a little earlier too. But there will still be a good selection each day (and time for lunch). We're looking into an evening venue, and also the possibility of a live stream (which in essence should be easier as everything happens in one room this time) but cannot guarantee that. Of course, we'd prefer you to come along ;)

Signup will be possible from Mon 26th Oct onwards.

Interested in exhibiting, talk, panel or something else? Please be aware we have limited spaces, though we are still figuring out just how many we can offer, there may be some additional criteria to guarantee a space/slot. Full information will be on the signup page which will be live at the website in the next couple of days. A full preliminary schedule will be announced sometime in November.

Please remember: No participation is officially considered until you have used the signup system/form at the website and received a confirmation from me personally.

Travel: You may want to consider getting the Tube to Canada Water or Whitechapel and then the Overground rail to New Cross Gate (or New Cross, though trains to this one I think are less frequent/don't run as late). The venue is about a 5 minute walk from New Cross Gate and maybe 5 mins more from New Cross. Here's a map of the Underground and New Cross Gate is on the lower right. Typically, Tube and Overground services stop at roughly midnight. Once on Goldsmiths site, there will be signposts to AdventureX in the Stuart Hall Building.

Hotels: There are many hotels nearby but specifically may be worth trying the Premier Inn, Travelodge and Holiday Inn's in the nearby areas, Deptford, Greenwich, Lewisham. There are also nearby hostels (one in New Cross) though its beds/rooms are going fast.

Hope to see you there!

This post last updated 31st Oct

* Not old AGS, or Iceman's unity plugin - but yes, another one! ;)
** Iceman's unity plugin...

Andail

Poobungies! I can't make it those dates :(
I'll send some other merry Swedes, most notably Theo Waern and Joel Staaf Hästö, to represent my nation.

cat

Sounds great! And the single-track-only issue I see as a feature, because last time I couldn't decide which talk to see anyway :P
Now I need to start saving money for a hotel room...

Miez

Great to hear it moved to the 12/13 december weekend - this means I can make it as well! ;-D

Grundislav

Woohoo! I am excited!

Some of us have already booked a hotel in Greenwich, if anyone else is interested, The Mercure is pretty decently priced for people sharing rooms.

cat

But if you don't have anyone to share with, it is 8-0

m0ds

Andail, Haha poobungies! Shame you can't make it, but thanks for sending us some Swedes :D

Grundy, glad to hear you've found a hotel and secured flights!

Cat, hotels, well for ultra cheap there's the New Cross House hostel I think it's called. There's also a Travelodge just a bit lower and to the left (of the Mercure) on Googlemaps which is about 200 for 3 nights. A Premier Inn just to the north I think at about 250 for 3 nights. And there's one a bit further away a Holiday Inn Express in Greenwich which is about 130 for 3 nights (with breakfast included) but not sure what bus connection it would require. It's also worth considering places along the Overground route via New Cross Gate which operates til midnight-thirty on Fri + Sat and 11.30pm Sunday. Canada Water, Whitechapel etc though I haven't looked into those myself. Hope you find something :)

PS. Thanks for the donation Misja! See you there then :)

Azure

You may also want to search for B&Bs since those are a lot cheaper than hotels in general. Same-ish price as the Mercure is the City Stay which has a kitchenette :grin:
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

cat

Thanks for the tips, I'll check out the Travelodge and the Premier Inn.
I had a look at the New Cross House but the reviews are terrible, even for a hostel :(

Blount

Ali

Eggie

I wanna go! I wanna go! Why am I not living in Watford again this year, dang iiit.
I'm still going, I'm still going!

theo

Great to see this finally properly announced. We are indeed definitely attending! I hope to bring my colleagues mathias and henrik as well. :D

SO looking forward to this, had an awesome time last year! :-D

Love,

t

COWCAT

I *might* be interested to come (I'd love to show Demetrios there!) but I can't make a promise yet. I have an issue with my ID card which I have to renew (expired but it's "normal", the government increased the date but it's not written on the card...) and I have to evaluate the cost.
French indie PC/consoles game developer
https://www.cowcatgames.com

Intense Degree

I'm hoping to be there again this year, on the Saturday at least.

JSH

As divulged by Andail, I will be attending this year, super psyched about my first AdventureX! :)

*edit I'm coming in late on Friday, heading back on Sunday evening. I'll be staying at the Mercure too!

Dave Gilbert

I'm booked! I arrive on Thursday morning and I'm staying till Tuesday. I'm also staying at the Mercure.

Azure

www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Technocrat

I shall see you all there! Since I now actually live in London, maybe I should consider being hospitable, or something.

Broomie

I'm at the Mercure too! Me and Jen Pattison will be showing off the new Infamous Quests game. Look forward to seeing everyone!
Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk