3.4.0.9 orgainize the floating windows

Started by Slasher, Tue 26/07/2016 10:43:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi

ags 3.4.0.9

Can someone tell me the best way to organize the editors floating property windows.

cheers

Cassiebsg

Uhm... just drag them to where you want them?

But yeah, they occasional drive me nut (mostly cause my mouse occasional double clicks on it's own, and then drags the windows out of their place).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Thanks Cassiebsg

also i note that if you go into a buttons events you can't click back to buttons properties ???

Crimson Wizard

You can actually dock the floating window to any side of the main window or any other panel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jjOmBB5gQ

Quote from: slasher on Tue 26/07/2016 12:48:48
also i note that if you go into a buttons events you can't click back to buttons properties ???
What do you mean by that?

Slasher

QuoteWhat do you mean by that?

It means i could not view button properties like button image, left, top etc after i click on button events icon , it seemed to be missing the top part to go button 2, button 3, gui etc

i'll keep checking just in case I've missed something (nod)

Crimson Wizard

Wow, that sounds weird. Could you post a screenshot?

Slasher

Probably be impossible right now as it seems to be a very rear occurrence..

The lightning bolt stayed 'in'....

If/when it happens again i will post a screenshot.

Also, changing back to previous topic whilst i'm here:

The scripts for the catching fish you gave works accept that at times the weight is not added (Mmm).

I have since added more fish (different species and at different depths) and bundled everything into one function and then when it's called it works perfectly... Thanks to your advice...

Slasher

Hi Crimson

Happened again...

Here is screenshot of error:

Can't open visual properties for object[6]

I think it resets ok if closing window and reopening

cheers

Crimson Wizard

I see that your window is floating. Did you try to dock it as shown in the video I linked above?

I am interested to know if you will get this error while it stays docked.

Slasher

Hi

ags 3.4.0.(9) has a major bug... when in an entity's events pane (by lightning bolt) you can't go back to it's properties panel.

I have to close ags and re-open.

Snarky

You already had a thread about this problem. And you didn't answer CW's question.

Crimson Wizard

Slasher, I tried to reproduce this problem and failed. I need to know more details.
The question I asked you earlier: does this only happen when you make property panel float, or this also happens when it remains docked?
When this "lighting blot" icon gets "stuck", can you try docking property pane and see if that resolves the problem?

PS. Here is the tutorial video that shows how to dock and undock panes:

Slasher

The property panel is docked at the top right of screen....

i will try re-docking else where.

Gurok

CW:
- Dock multiple windows in the exact same fashion as Slasher has done
- Have a room open
- Switch to the leftmost tab -- explore project
- Click on an object in the room
- Return to the Properties tab and only the events tab button is visible

Note: The main properties tab will still be visible until you click on the events tab

I think a simple workaround for now would be to ensure you have the Properties tab activated when you select a room object.
Deselecting the object and selecting a new one is enough to correct the properties pane toolbar for me.

This is my replicated version (Windows 10):

Note the toolbar.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Crimson Wizard

So it happens when you select a room object while property pane is not visible?

I am not 100% certain, but I think Property pane did not change for quite a while, 3.3.5 may have this bug too.

Slasher

I docked panels (both project and properties) to lower half of screen and seem ok so far.....

Docked back to top right and now seem ok.. so far

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: slasher on Fri 19/08/2016 12:31:56
I docked panels to lower half of screen and seem ok so far.....
I think it does not matter at which side of screen you dock them, as Gurok found out above this seem to happen only when Property Pane is combined with other panes and it is not shown when you select something in room editor.

Crimson Wizard

Ok, I confirm, this bug is present in 3.3.5 too, probably a very old one.
It may be as old as new editor, to think about this, but only becomes a trouble since docking panes were introduced in 3.2.2, because Property Pane could not become hidden before.

As Gurok noted, simply selecting another object in the room or deselecting (clicking on empty space) fixes it (until it happens again...).

Crimson Wizard

@Gurok, I was able to fix this in code with a simple hack like:
Code: csharp

private void PropertiesPanel_VisibleChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    object o = propertiesGrid.SelectedObject;
    propertiesGrid.SelectedObject = null;
    propertiesGrid.SelectedObject = o;
}

No idea how good that is, but it works. I guess there should be more "elegant" way, or proper fix.
I was not able to get to the root of the problem yet. Are those tool buttons part of .NET class? I wonder if it could be a bug in .NET.

Gurok

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 19/08/2016 14:12:23
@Gurok, I was able to fix this in code with a simple hack like:

private void PropertiesPanel_VisibleChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    object o = propertiesGrid.SelectedObject;
    propertiesGrid.SelectedObject = null;
    propertiesGrid.SelectedObject = o;
}

No idea how good that is, but it works. I guess there should be more "elegant" way, or proper fix.
I was not able to get to the root of the problem yet. Are those tool buttons part of .NET class? I wonder if it could be a bug in .NET.

It might also be a bug in the docking library we use. It seems to me that the docking library is perhaps not passing all of the messages it should to inactive docked tabs.

I was also thinking of using reflection to rebuild the toolbar properly whenever the selected object changes.

Spoiler

In frmMain:

public void SetPropertyObject(object propertiesObject)
        {
            propertiesPanel.propertiesGrid.SelectedObject = propertiesObject;
            propertiesPanel.propertiesGrid.GetType().GetMethod("SetupToolbar", BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance, null, new Type[] { typeof(bool) }, null).Invoke(propertiesPanel.propertiesGrid, new object[] { true }); // Manually set up the toolbar properly
            propertiesPanel.propertiesGrid.Invalidate();
            SelectObjectInPropertyList(propertiesObject);
        }

[close]

But this deselects the active property pane tab!

I like your suggested solution. I can't see a better way to do it right now.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk