Sprite Jam: Uplift All the Things! (Winners Announced!)

Started by Trample Pie, Fri 02/09/2016 06:43:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Trample Pie

Sprite Jam: Uplift All the Things!

Humanity has long since reached space, and found a whole lotta nothing!

It's lonely out there, so we decide to take some earth buddies with us. A little forced evolution later and away we go!

• Anything on Earth that could be considered vaguely alive is fair game.
  • I hope they thank us for this...
  • The sprite must be AGS ready.

The winners will receive the following trophies:

Update:

VOTING

Thanks for all the great entries :-D it's time to vote!

Mick the Wombat
by VampireWombat

Khan the Rottweiler
by Jack

OctoDoc
also by Jack!

Axololita
by Blondbraid

Anteaterant
by Mandle

Lioness
by Grok

Please vote for your top three entries:

1st
2nd
3rd

good luck everyone!

Update:

WINNERS

Here are the winners!

1st Place!

Axololita
by Blondbraid

2nd Place!

Khan the Rottweiler
by Jack

3rd Place!

Lioness
by Grok

Congratulations!
Thanks for all your votes :)

Trample Pie

Is it normal to not get a response to these things? I'm new and I don't know what I'm doing.

Do I have to sweeten the deal by saying the winner will get turned into a background character in my game? Because I'm serious. I'll do it. I have no shame.

Scavenger

Sometimes! It depends on whether people have ideas for a particular theme or not.

I'm totally in, though, I've just not hit on the perfect concept for it. I love this theme! Uplifts are my jaaaam.

CaesarCub

Well, I usually don't say anything until I have something to show.

I am planning to enter the competition, I just need some free time to come up with something original :P

Trample Pie

Thanks guys :) I was getting quite nervous.

I can't wait to see what you make!

VampireWombat

Mick the wombat piloting his mech.

[imgzoom]http://i63.tinypic.com/2lmw7sm.jpg[/imgzoom]

Trample Pie

Blondbraid

Cool, love all the little details on the mech!
I have been thinking of making an entry myself, but I just cant decide on weather to draw an Axolotl or a Giant oar fish...

Jack

Don't think I have to tell you that spriting isn't my thing, but I had this idea anyway.

[imgzoom]http://techtroupe.net/posted/sprite_jam_sept_2016.png[/imgzoom]

This is Khan the Rottweiler, really enjoying a piece of biltong.

Mandle

Nice entries so far!

I find it very interesting that the flip-image animation of Mick's drill-arm does not make any sense in the way a drill actually works, but it tricked my eye into seeing it as rotating...Well, at least until I thought about it...But the illusion worked!

Not a criticism: Just an comment on an interesting optical illusion kind of effect for me...

Trample Pie

That looks great Jack! I love the creases on the pants :)

Jack

Quote from: Trample Pie on Tue 13/09/2016 03:22:05
That looks great Jack! I love the creases on the pants :)

Thanks. It was traced from a photograph in like two minutes, and I was surprised how good it looked.

I fixed the head.

[imgzoom]http://techtroupe.net/posted/sprite_jam_sept_2016_01.png[/imgzoom]

Blondbraid

Cool, it looks like he's really about to wolf down on that biltong!

Blondbraid

Danvzare

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 13/09/2016 17:12:51
Quote from: Jack on Tue 13/09/2016 12:52:59
This is the OctoDoc. Has a 47% recovery rate!
I'm not so sure about those odds, though I'd still pick OctoDoc over Robert Liston.
(Primarily known for performing the only operation in history with a 300% mortality rate!) 8-0
Wait, how is that even possible? Did he have more than twice the number of people die, than he actually had paitents?
You can't get over a 100% mortality rate! Unless... did people drop dead as he walked the street! :shocked:

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 14/09/2016 13:40:31
Wait, how is that even possible? Did he have more than twice the number of people die, than he actually had paitents?
You can't get over a 100% mortality rate! Unless... did people drop dead as he walked the street! :shocked:
I included a link to his wikipedia page in my previous post, though I wouldn't recommend reading it while eating...
Long story short, he was a Scotsman living in the early 1800's nicknamed "the speed surgeon", and as for the 300% mortality rate:
Spoiler
He once tried to amputate a mans leg so fast that he sliced off the patient's leg, manly bits, three of his assistants fingers and the coattails of a bystander.
The patient bled out while the assistant died of gangrene and the bystander died of sheer fright. All in all, three people died when Liston operated one man.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Wait!
I read the link yesterday...
Spoiler

Amputated the leg in under 2 1⁄2 minutes (the patient died afterwards in the ward from hospital gangrene; they usually did in those pre-Listerian days).

Doesn't mention "bleeding out". (wrong)
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 14/09/2016 18:19:09
Wait!
I read the link yesterday...
Spoiler

Amputated the leg in under 2 1⁄2 minutes (the patient died afterwards in the ward from hospital gangrene; they usually did in those pre-Listerian days).

Doesn't mention "bleeding out". (wrong)
[close]
My mistake, I got the cause of death mixed up and I stand corrected.
Either way, that man did many weird operations.

Anyways, here is my entry:

The Axolotl is a fascinating creature, a Mexican salamander which unlike most other salamanders keep
its external gills into adulthood, and carries the nifty ability to regrow its limbs should it
lose any in an encounter with predatory fish, snakes or Robert Liston.

Since the Axolotl already have pink frills on it,
making it a fan of Japanese Lolita fashion seemed obvious.
An Axololita? :)

Jack

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 14/09/2016 20:40:22
An Axololita? :)

-2 points for making me want to watch The Knick while it's between seasons (and now Dune too!). But +10 for making that a 10th as creepy as it could have been. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk