My character is only walking sideways (kind of).

Started by Theyeyboss, Fri 07/10/2016 19:44:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Theyeyboss

First off, I want to apologize if this is not the place where I should present my issue, since I'm new to the forums.

I have an issue in my game. I've just created my first character, animated it, assigned it a view. I have made sure that my view has all the sprites. The problem is that, when I start the game, and when I click somewhere for my character to walk to, my character is only using loops 1 and 2, meaning that, even when I click right below or above the character, it walks facing left or right, not up or down. I've tried my best to search for a solution in the forums or in the game manual, only to come to the conclusion that either this is not an issue for other people, or I just don't know how to search. I'm not even going to mention that I've tried to find the solution myself, before I started searching for it in the manual or in the forums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cassiebsg

How big is your walkable area?
Fill in the entire screen with a walkable area, and try again.

EDIT: Also, which version of AGS are you using, and which template (if any) are you using.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Retro Wolf

Maybe you've got a really thin walking area? Try turning "Characters turn before walking" to true in general settings tab.

Khris

When you preview the walk view in the editor, does it animate the up and down directions properly?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk