Our Ali wins a comedy thing

Started by Stupot, Sun 26/02/2017 23:57:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

So, I'm browsing the British Comedy Guide website, as I sometimes do, and guess which beautiful red mane I see on the front page?

Clue: not Eddie Redmayne.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/2470/beckett_king_leicester_win/

Well done, Ali.

Chicky

I saw this on facebook! Ali's such a lovely chap. A big congratulations to the man ;-D

Mandle

BIG GRATZ TO ALFRED... Oops...I mean Alasdair!

Danvzare

Snarky

Nice! And judging by the clips, well deserved. (Ali was the only one who actually made me laugh, although Sindhu Vee wasn't bad either.)

Riaise

Mandle

Is there a full-length video of the show (or at least Ali's piece) available?

kconan

Congrats Ali, on winning the comedy thing!

selmiak

LimpingFish

That's so cool! Congratulations, Ali! (nod)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Andail

His face is like "I'm happy I won, but I also suddenly came to think of all the abandoned puppies in the world"

Cassiebsg

Nice, congrats on being "king" of comedy! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Ali

I just noticed this post. Thanks guys! Between you and me and the internet, the video wasn't very well edited. They didn't choose most people's best bits (possibly because of swearing) and they've under-recorded the audience so we all sound like we're dying.

Half my set was about the fact that I can't smile properly. And, if nothing else, that photo proves it.

Andail

Quote from: Ali on Wed 01/03/2017 18:06:30
Half my set was about the fact that I can't smile properly. And, if nothing else, that photo proves it.

That's fine - you've spent your time leaning how to make others smile instead.

Ok that was way over the top.

Stupot

*** Most SHOCKING puns from the Edinburgh Fringe. ***
Number #10 will astound you!
[/click bait]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40999000

CaptainD

I also noticed Ali's name on the list ;-D

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 22/08/2017 09:15:34
*** Most SHOCKING puns from the Edinburgh Fringe. ***
Number #10 will astound you!
[/click bait]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40999000

The full list for those of you who fell for the clickbait but fell off the hook before fully landed:

Spoiler
The top 15 funniest jokes from the Fringe

1. "I'm not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change" - Ken Cheng

2. "Trump's nothing like Hitler. There's no way he could write a book" - Frankie Boyle

3. "I've given up asking rhetorical questions. What's the point?" - Alexei Sayle

4. "I'm looking for the girl next door type. I'm just gonna keep moving house till I find her" - Lew Fitz

5. "I like to imagine the guy who invented the umbrella was going to call it the 'brella'. But he hesitated" - Andy Field

6. "Combine Harvesters. And you'll have a really big restaurant" - Mark Simmons

7. "I'm rubbish with names. It's not my fault, it's a condition. There's a name for it..." - Jimeoin

8. "I have two boys, 5 and 6. We're no good at naming things in our house" - Ed Byrne

9. "I wasn't particularly close to my dad before he died... which was lucky, because he trod on a land mine" - Olaf Falafel

10. "Whenever someone says, 'I don't believe in coincidences.' I say, 'Oh my God, me neither!"' - Alasdair Beckett-King

11. "A friend tricked me into going to Wimbledon by telling me it was a men's singles event" - Angela Barnes

12. "As a vegan, I think people who sell meat are disgusting; but apparently people who sell fruit and veg are grocer" - Adele Cliff

13. "For me dying is a lot like going camping. I don't want to do it" - Phil Wang

14. "I wonder how many chameleons snuck onto the Ark" - Adam Hess

15. "I went to a Pretenders gig. It was a tribute act" - Tim Vine
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk