SOLVED: 9Verb GUI Creating Menu Load (no saves)

Started by GameMaker_95, Wed 26/04/2017 10:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

GameMaker_95

I believe I saw another post about this somewhere, just a mention really but I can't find it again. Anyway, I've managed to do this before, create a menu, but that was with the
standard AGS GUI. I'm using hotspots and I've created three clickable spots. Start, Load and Quit. Start and Quit are fine and Load will make the GUI appear and I
can use cancel but when I run the game, save it and quit and then reload, I can't load the save from the menu. It does not appear as an option, but when I start the game again and
get into the main part of the game, I can use the load normally with the saves I created. I'm using gRestore.Visible = true; to make the GUI appear.

dayowlron

I would like to help you but I am a bit confused with some of the things you stated. You are using hotspots so the selections of Start Load and Quit are on the background but then you say Load does not appear as an option?
If it appears but is not working I would put a breakpoint in the hotspots any click event to see if the hotspot is firing or not.
Are you using objects instead of hotspots?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

GameMaker_95

Sorry, let me try and clarify. My background has the words Start, Load and Quit. I have put hotspots over these words. I have used the gRestore.Visible = true; function on the load hotspot to make
the load game GUI to appear. Now, I start the game, move around the first room and save it. It will allow me to load it back up then and there. I then close the game, relaunch it and try to load from
the menu hotspot but there are no saves present but if I were to load back into the game again, they will be present and function. When I said an option does not appear, I meant saves. Sorry for the confusion.

abstauber

Do you call       
Code: ags

GetLucasSavegameListBox(RestoreListBox);

before you show the Restore Gui?

GameMaker_95

Quote from: abstauber on Wed 26/04/2017 12:46:38
Do you call       

GetLucasSavegameListBox(RestoreListBox);

before you show the Restore Gui?

Ahh, no, I didn't, I just tried it and now it works perfectly, thank you abstauber and dayowlron. Really appreciate it.

dayowlron

I don't know about the 9Verb GUI but do you call
lstRestoreGamesList.FillSaveGameList();

EDIT: guess I was too late with that.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

abstauber

Great to hear. Don't forget, that you need to call
GetLucasSavegameListBox(SaveListBox);

as well, if you show the Save GUI.

GameMaker_95

Don't worry, I'll remember, thanks for the help and that's alright dayowlron, thank you anyway, I appreciate the help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk