Handle game introduction - LOGO - MAIN MENU - FIRST ROOM

Started by jhonberg, Mon 30/07/2018 15:39:59

Previous topic - Next topic

jhonberg

Well I'm working on my adventure, solving issue here and there some of them thanks this wonder people here (roll), now I tried to create
a full Intro to transition from the LOGO , to the Main Menu which I would like it to be animated, the problem is what to do with the main character?

I just set it's transparency to a 100 and use a Room for the Intro and planning to use another one for the Menu, what would be proper way to handle this?
What to do with the main character then in this two parts of the workflow.

You input would be much appreciated.

Lien.

VampireWombat

The easiest way to me is in the rooms you use for the intro and menu to go to Edit room and scroll down to settings. Then find ShowPlayerCharacter and set it to false.

Khris

Or you can set player.y to -1.

I'm not 100% sure, but setting .Transparency to 100 might actually cause overhotspot mechanisms to react to the character, so doing anything else to hide the player is a safer bet.

There are other ways. One could use a vertically scrolling room, with the main menu above the first room. Upon selecting "New Game", the Viewport moves down towards the player which was standing at her initial position but outside the screen all along.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk