And then there were none (AGS Werewolf Game 3) (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 14/08/2018 19:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/08/2018 09:39:42
I know Cat isn't the psychic because I AM. But you will have tried to convince the nurse (Dayowlron) to protect either yourself or the other killer. The reason I assumed you requested him to protect Cat is that Owl would have been less likely to have believed you if you asked him to protect you, rather than someone else. You really did a number on him.

Goosebumps smchoosebumps.

Yeah, but your point is that I told dayowlron that Cat is the Psychic and asked him to guard her. OR, potentially I could have asked dayowlron to protect me.

But, as it turns out, I asked dayowlron to protect neither myself nor Cat. I asked him to protect the Psychic.

Which (SPOILER ALERT) was not you by the way.

AND ALSO:

If you are the Psychic, my good fellow, HOW ON EARTH DID I KNOW THAT DAYOWLRON WAS THE NURSE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

Remember back to when the Psychic told me who the Nurse was... I don't remember that being you!

Mandle

And yet you are assuming that the Nurse I was in contact with WAS actually Dayowlron.

Well, if I was scum and you were town then wouldn't you have just assumed that I never even got in contact with anyone?!

If I were scum and was never in touch with the Psychic in the first place then HOW THE HELL did I contact the actual Nurse and plot to have them guard my scum partner in crime?!

Did I just pick a name out of a hat and pray I was right?!

Nice try mate, but your logic holds as much water as a sieve.

Kastchey

Mr. Josiah, I trust you understand that I cannot join you on your search because I am simply not fit for such dangerous escapades, but if you do find a way to escape this accursed place you should take me with you, and I shall reward you handsomely. In fact, here is a cheque for a sum you should find satisfactory, let me sign it for you. I will have you informed that my solicitor is instructed to check on my well-being whenever such a considerable amount leaves my bank account, but I do trust that you are not of an evil intent. Do we have an agreement?

W-wait a minute... Party Host? How can anyone in such a shabby garment be hosting anything? Not that the place looks any better... Oh, wait... it cannot mean that... you wanted to.... oh, no. HELP!

OOC: It did cross my mind that the other murderer might want to hold off with their vote to see how things turn out, because changing an already cast vote in the last minute just to tip the balance would be suspicious (e.g. if there were 4 votes for Stupot, 3 votes for Mandle and someone changed from Stupot to Mandle in the last moment). That's why I thought VampireWombat might be the murderer, but then he voted.

Then I thought it unlikely for the murderers to believe they would convince anyone to lynch Mandle so why wait, and then... holy cow. The above posts were made.

Mandle

I'm really interested to see how Josiah votes now.

Will he throw Stupot under the bus or will he double-down and vote for me?

Mandle

So, we have at this moment:

Stupot: 5 votes
Mandle: 1 vote

Josiah!!! Speak up!!!

VampireWombat

Hmmm. Hmmm.
Well, josiah does have a magnificent beard. So it very well could be fake.

Kastchey

Wait, why would you want to lynch Josiah today? I agree that Mandle's argumentation against him is convincing but it's still just an educated guess by now. We could, of course, lynch Josiah today to test this theory but we also have at least one more scan, so if we know for certain who one of the murderers is, I can't think of any good reason why we should risk lynching someone who might be an innocent guest.

VampireWombat

I didn't mean to put him as a vote. I apparently wasn't awake. I thought it put the word does in bold.
My vote is still Stupot. Unless we can can put josiah's beard on Stupot. Then I vote for Stupot and the beard...

tzachs

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 26/08/2018 09:44:51
AND ALSO:

If you are the Psychic, my good fellow, HOW ON EARTH DID I KNOW THAT DAYOWLRON WAS THE NURSE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

Remember back to when the Psychic told me who the Nurse was... I don't remember that being you!
Wait, what?
That's not what happened, though, right? You decided not to scan the nurse but take his word for it, according to what you said earlier.
This seems like such an obvious lie as if you wanted to get caught? Unless I'm missing something.

Anyway, I'm not changing my vote, because:
Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/08/2018 09:07:51
I scanned Cat on night one. CAT IS A KILLER! I needed someone to trust so I scanned Mandle on night two because I had convinced myself that he was the nurse. But as it turned out, MANDLE IS THE PARTY HOST!! (aka the other killer)
That's great! So if you're telling the truth, we'll know tomorrow after lynching you. Then we'll be 3-2 when we know for sure that Mandle & Cat are the murderers and we won.
So no dilemma for me, even though Mandle has lost my trust, I'll be staying with Stupot as my vote.

Quote from: Mandle
Yes, by all means! Everyone please PM Dayowlron and ask him if I requested that he should protect Cat.
So Dayowlron contacted me and said that Mandle asked him to tell me that he didn't ask him to protect Cat.
This, unfortunately, is not really relevant, though, as Mandle could have given a random name to Dayowlron as the psychic. Dayowlron hasn't mentioned whether or not he actually spoke with name given to him by Mandle. I asked him specifically now and waiting a response.

VampireWombat

Quote from: tzachs on Sun 26/08/2018 17:27:01
Dayowlron hasn't mentioned whether or not he actually spoke with name given to him by Mandle. I asked him specifically now and waiting a response.
Don't count on Dayowlron getting back to you in time since he posted in another thread that something came up and he won't be on much the next few days.

Mandle

Quote from: tzachs on Sun 26/08/2018 17:27:01
So Dayowlron contacted me and said that Mandle asked him to tell me that he didn't ask him to protect Cat.
This, unfortunately, is not really relevant, though, as Mandle could have given a random name to Dayowlron as the psychic.

Stupot's entire claim to the Psychic role is based upon his story that he had scanned Cat as the Murderer on the first night and then scanned me at the Party Host on the second night.

Where his story falls apart however is at the point where he based his logic on the "fact" that I had told our Nurse, Dayowlron, a "random name" as you theorised above...

This is where the house of cards collapses:

How would I have ever known who the real Nurse was unless I had picked their name out of a hat?

Why is the dead Nurse speaking to us from beyond the grave and disputing Stupot's claim that he guarded Cat?

Mandle

Ahhhh, this game is so much fun when you get to play as a town character and have the scum players on the run...

And it's so stressful to play as a scum character...

It's so much easier to tell the truth than to lie, and even if the scum players outwit you and win, you are vindicated in the end.

The poor scum players only get satisfaction if they weave their web of deceit exactly right. So hard to do.

But when it's done right it can be an amazing thing to see!

Kastchey

I think tzachs referred to the bit where you said "Remember back to when the Psychic told me who the Nurse was...", because unless both me and tzachs missed something, you said no such thing. But I don't think it proves your guilt (or innocence) in any way because it could have been a random BS to either get Stupot to contradict himself, or lure the other murderer out to try and lynch you by pointing out this lie.

But tzachs has made an excellent point about us being 3-2 tomorrow in worst case, so I'm going to go ahead with that.

cat

No, actually I don't remember. The psychic knew who the nurse was? Then why did you have to call out for the nurse to contact you? This doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 26/08/2018 09:07:51
I scanned Cat on night one. CAT IS A KILLER!
If you ask Dayowlron, he will tell you that Mandle asked him to protect Cat. This is because Mandle and Cat are working together.
This is not true either. I am not a killer (I'm a regular guest) and I just found a note (read:PM) by Dayowlron in my room telling me that he can't protect me this night because he has to protect the psychic.

So, I'm really confused who to trust at the moment...

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 22/08/2018 18:14:22
During the night I sensed my mind being probed during my deepest dreams of standing ovations and darkest nightmares of audiences throwing rotten fruit!

And such feelings proved to be slightly more than mere fancy.

Before we gathered together this morning a certain someone tapped my elbow as a signal and pulled me aside to whisper:

"I have psychic powers and have seen that you are but an innocent Guest upon this godforsaken island. You must work with me as my mouthpiece!"

And so I'm now asking the Nurse to PM me with their identity and I can tell that person who to guard in the coming night phase...

Of course, who am I to be trusted about anything I say?

I could have had blood on my hands this morning before washing them in the cold water sinks in our rooms for all anyone knows.

The Nurse is welcome to doubt me but it's really just a coin-toss.

If you believe my bold claims then PM me and we can begin to work together to guard both myself and the Psychic. This is a fast-track course for a town win!

If you do not believe me then do not PM me but consider guarding me tonight as the murder(s) will be out to kill the Psychic's spokesman if they have no leads on who the Psychic themself is.

You knew who the nurse was because you asked him to PM you. He did and you believed he wasn't lying. You got lucky.

Stupot

Quote from: TzachsSo Dayowlron contacted me and said that Mandle asked him to tell me that he didn't ask him to protect Cat.

So Dayowlron PMed you all telling you something that Mandle asked him to tell you, rather than telling you the truth. Okay. Got it.

josiah1221

Wow, this just got all kinds of crazy!

Yeah, obviously my idea to ask to be scanned didn't make a whole lot of sense. But at the time I was thinking IF Mandle was telling the truth and the Psychic scanned me that would make it 4 "town" members that could work together, plus I was wanting to see if anyone would get antsy by my doing so. Well, by me not voting for Stupot Mandle jumped to a pretty wild conclusion OR decided to turn the attention away from himself by claiming me as the Party Host!? (wrong) As I already said, I am a Guest and have nothing to hide.

Now, I'm trying to wrap my head around everything you guys have said, (talk about a headache tornado!)

Anyway, I was already skeptical of Mandle and with Stupot coming forward this makes me even more skeptical! But of course now it looks like Stupot is trying to turn the tables on Mandle to keep from getting lynched which in turn makes me look like "scum" since I didn't vote for Stupot. But I can assure you I am a Guest, if you don't believe me, then scan me.

If Stupot is "scum" and gets lynched then come tomorrow we will know Mandle has been telling the truth, for the most part. If Stupot is the Psychic then we will know Mandle has been lying the whole time. I know this is gonna seem very suspicious and possibly get me killed but I vote: Mandle

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sun 26/08/2018 19:46:08
No, actually I don't remember. The psychic knew who the nurse was? Then why did you have to call out for the nurse to contact you? This doesn't make any sense at all.

Yeah, actually I don't remember that either. I meant to say something like "Remember back when the Psychic contacted me... I don't remember that being you!" but that actually makes less sense to even say because...

BAH!

This game messes with your head!

Anyway, Cat, despite any of my linguistic screwups you know Stupot is guilty for claiming you are scum. Right?

Stupot

Look at them trying to get their stories straight. They clearly realise they've messed up and now their knickers are in their respective twists.

Kastchey

Well, if there is one thing you ALL have succeeded in at the same time is making me feel very guillible :/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk