Byzantine - The Demo (now working)

Started by Adamski, Mon 05/05/2003 22:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neole

Crashed during the opening credits after a bit. Loved what I saw so far, will try playing it again. Is the opening credits a single video or is it scripted to do all the cool typing characters stuff??

Adamski

Neole, read the original post about the crashing :)

Pumaman

DS, could you try a re-compile with 2.55 RC 1 and see if that helps the crashing situation at all? cheers.

Looks great by the way, as the others have said the atmosphere and music fit really well.

Daxie

WOOW  :o :o :o
This is most cinematic AGS game I've seen so far! Demo was fairly short, but I do expect lot from the full game! I like the graphics, I like the ambient sounds, I like the character. The character reminds me alot, not just physically, but also otherwise. Hey, have you read some of Bester's books? Because the game's athmosphere and way of language you use reminds me lot of his books.

Keep up the good work (say, how soon you expect the game to be finished?  :))

Timosity

I finally got round to playing the demo.

AWESOME, love the intro, nice build up of atmosphere, and the graphics and effects and music are all great.

Can't wait for the full version.

btw I noticed when I moved the mouse to the side of the screen when there was mouse over text, the cursor moved one way while the text above it moved the other.

Excellent work Dark Stalkey and company

Andail

Great, DS...
Parts of it resemble to Sibylla, I will publish a demo for it soon, and you'll see some of the atomsphere is kind of similar...

I love it so far.

steerpike

D/L'd a couple of days ago; just starting on it today.

It looks great - and a hero who lives in West Bridgeford?? I'm warming to it by the minute...

Adamski

Aha, a fellow East-Midlands-living-person I see. Glad to hear it, everyone else seems to live either in Wales or 200 miles South :)

Interference

Absolutely brilliant. The intro is well constructed and well written, the graphics are very moody and set the tone well. The music, though: wow! This is something else! Will you/are you going to be releasing this seperately too? I have a Sonique playlist screaming for it. Very athmospheric and I'm waiting with baited breath for the release version of Byzantine.
-- Interference

"Wasting people's valuable time since 1984"

SLaMgRInDeR

this game is gonna be GREAT! so far i have enjoyed it thoroughly, again, its great, V well made, again, great!

but maybe a front and back view for the character, he kinda walks up those stairs backwards.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

scotch

Stop going on about the up and down walk cycles >:(

Stupid kids, I remember when we didn't need walk cycles at all, the game told us the character walked up and we believed it.

Svetac

I can't download the demo! The link doesn't work or the site is down. Is there any other way to get it?

DarkStalkey

The demo is re-uploaded to the same location as before. Remember:

1. Play the game with the sound on - preferably with headphones.
2. If it crashes during the intro, disable either Anti Aliasing or Force 85hz Refresh Rate in the set up.

Darth Mandarb

That's really good.  The music rocks!

During the intro the graphics (such as Special Thanks to ... etc.) were showing up with the pink backgrounds (I'm guessing they were supposed to be transparent?)

The character is big and well detailed *no comment about walk cycle*

This game is one of the best I've tested so far.

dm

Adamski

Pink backgrounds? Now that shouldn't be.
Edit: re-uploaded with the latest beta of AGS. Perhaps that'll fix it. I never get any problems so I can't replicate it unfortuantly.

scotch

Darkstalkey, just played it again.. this time with working sound and it was awesome!  Definately in the top 5 ags games I'm looking forward to.  If the whole game was this good it'd rival even commercial adventure games.

With the quality of the rest the walk cylces really let it down I think, so I'll get to work on some proper ones with up and down now..

Edit: And far from crashing my computer it actually fixed it!! My low res modes are all distorted, I assumed my monitor was dying, but your game looked perfect.. strange.

GarageGothic

What's the status on Byzantine? I just replayed the demo yesterday and was reminded of how much I'm looking forward to this game. I LOVE the atmosphere, the visuals, the music, and that strange but cool effect when looking at the papers on the desk. Judging from that and the intro, I could swear you've got some kind of Vanilla Sky/Abre los ojos-thing going on

Are there other any sources of information about the game than the short description at the Screen 7 site?

foz

This Demo is the DOGS BOLLOX.

I can`t wait .

I agree with all the above.

I just hope you can finish it at that high standard its gonna be hard.

I`d take my hat off to you ( if i wore a hat that is.)

FOZ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk