anyone know a an action game studio??

Started by Mr.Trant, Sat 31/05/2003 18:01:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Trant

i want to make an action game but i cant find one, cj, u should make an action game studio!!!!!

this would kik ass!! omg but does anyone know a game creator for action games thats as easy as AGS??

scotch

Jimi

when you say action, do you mean like what you make with Game maker, or a first person shooter?

Mr.Trant

ya, fps would kik ass, u kno a good program??? and game maker is really hard to use, omg!

fps preferible and any other program than game maker would be good.

Jimi

there ain't one, unless you don't mind paying 100 dollars/pounds for a program.

Privateer Puddin'

Evil

Quote from: Mr.Trant on Sun 01/06/2003 17:47:13and game maker is really hard to use, omg!

Hard? The hardest part of game maker is doing the art. And thats about it... It is easier then AGS...

Eggie

I find it harder than AGS.

Probably becuae it's designed for so many different types of game that it's sort overwhelming.

Synthetique

Spyros

Game maker is very easy . I took me some hours to learn how to use it and one day to make a small game.

Evil

I made a really cool platform game with the help from the tutorial in about 4 hours on and off...

Mr.Trant

im 15 and i think AGS is the easiest thing to use and Game maker is really confusing and w/ ags, its so easy cause its got a simple interface and actually useful tutorials.

if u guys got any good tutorials for game maker give em to me, my email is...

dirtbmx929@aol.com, name the email-
"game maker tutorial"

Evil

Game maker has 5 tuts on the site... Lazy bum...

remixor

You need an action game studio?  Try searching for "ags", since that's an acronym for it.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Interference

Both Gamemaker and AGS use C-style scripting languages so are similar to code for (something you won't be able to get away from if you want to make a solid game).

If you want to make an adventure game, you're in the right place. If not, there are plenty of other places to go. If you want a FPS, try tinkering around with the Unreal engine (check www.planetunreal.com). Level editing in UnrealEd is at its most convenient in respect to other engines (Half-Life, Quake 3 etc.) but you'll still need to learn a scripting language to do anything close to a total conversion.

Senriously speaking, since this website revolves around a program called "Adventure Game Studio" I would have thought it was a little obvious this wasn't quite what you were looking for and your wisest course of action would be to just move on.

There are lots of programs and engines out there for your needs, being able to identify the blindingly obvious usually helps in deciding which one to use.
-- Interference

"Wasting people's valuable time since 1984"

lordyoyo

yeah 3dgamestudio is really really great
the only problem is the professional edition, the one i want/need lol, is $899!!
there is a trial version, which i have, however it only lasts 30 days, and you cant publish your work (cant literally create the game) but you can fool around and build lots of fun stuff, and play the game in the program itself, and its pretty easy to use

LGM

A little birdy told me it's up somewhere on this program called Kazaa...

But, I wouldn't know anything about it...

shhh!
You. Me. Denny's.

Ali

Try searching for Gmax. It a 3d game maker, apparently a bit like 3dStudio MAx.

Matt Brown

Quote from: LilGryphMaster on Wed 04/06/2003 22:57:15
A little birdy told me it's up somewhere on this program called Kazaa...

But, I wouldn't know anything about it...

shhh!

a little birdy also told me that downloading programs from that kazaa puts all sorts of crap on your computer could takes forever to remove...so use it at your own risk...
word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk