Grr.. I h8 asking simple questions but I need help running dialogs on room load.

Started by Mr Jake, Sun 01/06/2003 21:03:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Jake

for my intro Im having a dramatic black backscreen story, Im having various pictures (objects) appear during this, as far as I can tell the only way I can do this is too have the convos split where the objects come in (ie: 3 line convo, object, 3 line convo) so I did it this way and then I tried putting :

RunDialog (0);
ObjectOn (0);
RunDialog (1);

in the room script, since this is just a black room there is no other script... um... this dont work..... how can I do this?

Nixxon

I'm a lamo at scripting... so can't help you there.
though, u could always use a bunch of GUI's using text labels and button pics.

GUIOn(2):
wait(180):
GUIOff(2):

I dunno, could work :P

Mr Jake

dunno, dont think it will 'paste' together right, Ill try....
thanks ;D
I got it to work :) needed to add a few extra line to the dialog to stop it from looking for dislog options when there where non...
thxs

Stickieee

You could also use the run-script X conversation-feature, so you wouldn't have to split the dialog in two. I'm not sure which ones clumsier. Inline-scripting in conversations could be quite handy.
EXPLOSION

Mr Jake

Ishmael

Not in dialog scirpt, but the run-script x dialog command calls the dialog_request in the global script... see the conversations-part in the setting up the game in the manual (right?)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Mr Jake

thats what I mean, I dont think you can call it then because its room dependant, on the list in the manual nothing about objects is there

Ishmael

It should work... the manual says, that the ObjectOn command turns on the specified object in the current room...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SSH

Is it actually a dialog, or just a bunch of talking? I mean, could you just use a bunch of messages or displayspeech to do the dialog, or do you need the user to decide on dialog options?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk