using inventory

Started by saanb, Tue 03/06/2003 13:32:32

Previous topic - Next topic

saanb

1. How do I choose which inventory item you have to use in order for something to happen when you use it on an object?   ???

2. How do I choose music for my rooms? What does score number mean?Must have cool music! 8)  ;D

Help me please please please. Thank you thank you thank you.

Ishmael

um.... I really hate to say this, but why dont people read the manual? Are all the newcomers so dumb, that when they come across something which is not clearly said in the first page of the manual, they come here...?

well... now I said it...

1. In the object interactions (I think, not on my AGS comp so cant be sure), select the use inv on object, then run script, in the script put something like

if (game.inv_activated==x) {
 yourcode
}

where the x is the number of the inv item you want to be used...

2. In the room editor, in the settings, there is a checkbox with "play music on room load" and a textbox next to it, there...

Um... score? Related on what? Room? Or the general game settings?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

hotshot, lazy

1)The interatction menu allow you to do this...
2)You must save the music as MUSIC1 (if you PlayMusic1) etc. in the compiled folder of your game directory

kk?

aussie

hotshot is right

the easiest way to do it is to use the interaction menu associated with every hotspot or object on screen.

for example

select a hotspot
click on "interaction"
select "conditional - if inventory object was used"
then add below the conditional clause what you want to happen, for example "lose inventory item"

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Scummbuddy

score is another name for musical score or musical piece
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Proskrito

or maybe he is asking about "score", as the points that you get doing proper things in the game, dont know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk