How do you MIDI?

Started by Ciro Durán, Mon 08/09/2003 23:07:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciro Durán

¿What software are you currently using?, ¿Do you use a piano or another instrument with MIDI interface, or do you put the events with the mouse?
I use Cakewalk for composing, and forced to put the events with the mouse, because of my total lack of money to buy a piano. :(

Trapezoid

I use Cakewalk, and although I have a midi-capable keyboard, I prefer to put the notes in by mouse. It's slower, but you have total control.

Krynge

Yeah same..

In THEORY you could type the name 'Cakewalk' into Kazaa search bar, and download a 70+ meg program called Cakewalk Home Studio, but it's quite possible that this act would breach any number of given copyright laws, and thus I, and everyone else using these forums would not recommend such an act. . . .

ThunderStorm

I am using Cakewalk Professional 5, a horribly old version with very limited audio functions, but it works quite well. I found it on a CD with lots of sound programs and 99% crap, but that one was really good.

Krynge: I can't find a single word in Ciro's post about downloading software, as he sais he already uses Cakewalk. You'd better tell him that downloading a MIDI Keyboard is illegal.  ;D

Privateer Puddin'

Pet Terry

I use FL Studio 4.1 and mouse. It's good enough for me.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Ciro Durán

OMG, Krynge read my mind, I'll search my n3arest w@r3z site and I'll download aaaaaall your programs... ALL of them ;D

PS: By the way, there's a free MIDI program, called Jazz! (www.jazzware.com), if you don't have the money to buy a program.

Evil

I am way to lazy to learn to make music. I found an amp transfer plug and now I can record music on my pc. I think that works fine but it isnt midi.

Minimi

I use FruityLoops 4. I bought this program about 2 months ago, and I'm still learning it. It's very powerfull, though there are some limitations on MIDI export :(

xenogia

I use a mixture of FL Studio 4, Reason and ReBirth.  I actually write electronic music for a living.  FLStudio is definetly a nice program, much much better than 3.56

Adamski

I use Buzz Digital Composer (read, tracker) and a few VSTs, although it's more of a case of using external hardware to control the software via midi than using the software to control external hardware. No need to spend tonnes of money on hardware if your software offers limitless ways of making noise.

xenogia

I have a 303, 505 and Juno Keyboard.  Usually I dont use these when I write video game music.  But sometimes I do .. with the PQ2 remake I grabbed the old midis of the tunes and totally re-did them, re-arranged them with nice samples and put them in my game as OGG format.  Midi is okay for its size, but when it comes down to it I'd prefer the extra download for the nicer music :)

Ben

I use Skale Tracker now. It's not for everybody, but it works for me since I've use Fast Tracker for years and Skale has the same interface.. It can use VST plugins too, so it can do almost as much as Buzz.

I have Buzz too, but but I haven't learned how to use it yet..

Ciro Durán

does any one of these programs support the XM format?

xenogia

Just use Fast Tracker then .. LoL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk