Keep forgetting to shave

Started by Moresco, Tue 09/09/2003 16:34:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Moresco

Do you ever do that? Man I've been sitting around here for days on end working on things, being busy chasing my kid around, eating grub & just overall doing nothing productive...and it grows and grows...I forget.  I get up, shower..look in the mirror & just kinda shrug it off...like, ah, I have things to do.  Heh, sorry bizarre topic here, don't mind I.
::: Mastodon :::

Darth Mandarb

Boy are you gonna get it for this thread :)

I do that all the time .. though I was blessed with some native American blood in my veins so I can go a few days before it really becomes an issue!

There are times when I forget to eat even.  I start working on something and get so focused that I tend to shut off the world ...

cheers,
dm

Moresco

Heh.  Yah I also forget to eat, forget lots of things actually.  In 2 days flat, I need to shave like mad.  It really irritates my face, I can't stand it! Ok, I'm gonna go shave now so that the agony of prickiness will cease!! ^^

Evil

I hate shaving... Hell, I'm 14 and I'm on a shave every day basis. I always shave in the shower (heh, I know). And by the end of the school day it has grown back... I do, though, like to rub my burns for good luck on tests and stuff. It seems to work :)

Scummbuddy

Quote from: Evil on Tue 09/09/2003 21:27:54
I like to rub my burns for good luck on tests and stuff.

Really?  Cause I like to rub my buns for good luck, but then I just get stares from all the girls in my class.  I think they want me.

Anyways, I hate having to shave.  I think when I can afford to get the electrolysis or whatever to my face and chest I will.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Matt Brown

I have to shave about every three days...Im waiting until my hair gets strong enough for an actual beard. now, all I have are burns. but not larry vales burns like i want...little wussy burns.

(maybe I ought to start rubbing them...)
word up

Evil

I'm not kidding, I rub my burns for good luck. Like the spots that grow back right under my burns. Its all fuzzy and feels good. ^-^ I dont know, every time I have taken a test and rubbed my burns I got an A...

rodekill

I feel the pain.
I'm a hairy freak too (two shaves a day would probably be optimal) and shaving is just too much of a hassle. I'm so lazy, I don't even use cream anymore, just hot water, which always gets me stares or horror from whoever witnesses it.
I find it better to shave before I shower, that way the cuts heal up nicer and I don't have scabs all over, lol.
I envy people who only have to shave a couple of times a week, even though I honestly look better with a beard than without.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

taryuu

i'll let the thing go untill it gets all itchy tho i'm thinking about growing my goatee again.  
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

DinghyDog

Shaving is...ah, I don't care either way about it. I'm 15 and on a "every 3 days" kind of thing. Meh. It's a part of life. I don't mind it.

-DD
It's yer owld pal Dinghy Dog!!

MrColossal

jesus christy alley rode

ya wonder why you have cuts on your face...

if i for some reason felt that having a clean shaven face meant that i was more socially acceptable i'd shave more often but i care not.

i usually shave once a week and i'm in rode's category of facial hair. if i shave at 12 noon by 12:05 i have to shave again

i'll never understand how people can shave two days in a row, my skin is like FIRE!!!!! when i shave once and try again. i usually have to wait at least 3 days before i can shave my face again

shaving legs on the other hand... i don't recommend unless the words "sandpaper sandwich" appeals to you

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Trapezoid

I don't need to shave yet. It's probably because of all the female hormones they put in the milk. And also genetics.

remixor

I stopped shaving several months ago because I got tired of having to do it all the time and now my mother calls me a hairy bum when she sees me.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Robert Eric

I only shower once every two weeks.  

Did I say shower?  I meant shave.

I too am suffering from excessive and rapid hair growth.  I shaved my beard last Thursday, and today, it is two inches long.  When I stay at my good friend Jame's home in Seabrook (which is the home of a power plant), if I shave one day, the next it is two feet long and my eyes are not correctly lined up.  Thankfully, I keep a clone of myself handy before entering the radiating town.
Ã, Ã, 

Moresco

Heh, I don't even really have facial hair that grows that fast...it's just that I'm LAZY.  Yes, I have things to do which require sitting around, drinkin' rootbeers & eating cheetos crunch snacks till the wife knocks me off my chair #&*!@! ^^ hee hee!

edmundito

The college thing to do is not shave. I don't mind not shaving, except that my pimples seem to be getting worse when I don't, so I have to. Plus, I can't grow anythign decend other than larry vales  like chops. Why am I still 20 and have pimples? that just makes me angry :P

Oh, and If you can't grow anything decent (like you're a young teen) don't try groing anything. I remember back when I had a thin little mustache, and it was mostly because my dad said someting about not shaving or something. anywho, I got tired of it, and shaved it off... because it looked like crap.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Squinky

I shave every two days, not that I need two every two days, but if I don't, about the middle of my shift at work I start to look all hairy....

Also, I have never used shaving cream, water works fine....In fact I find shaving cream weird...

MillsJROSS

I usually shave every three days, but I'm probably about as hairy as Rodekill. I always have a shadow of a beard, even right after shaving. But if I shave everyday I get razor burn on my neck. I'd grow out a beard, but the place I work only allows me to grow sideburns to my ears and moustaches to the corners of my mouth (and I don't want a moustache). SO during the summer I had to shave about everyday, and it was killing me. I'm glad I only work two days a week now. And now that I am my hair growth isn't quite as bad as when I was shaving everyday, not by much mind you, but by enough.

-MillsJROSS

makri

Well, I'd need a couple shaves a day. I just can't be arsed to shave more than couple times a week. Lots of area to cover too; since I also shave my head doing one but not the other would look silly.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

Timosity

I shave once a week unless I feel like growing a goatie, then I just shave the sides, I'm not a hairy chap, I'm 27 and I don't have chest hair[appart from a couple round the nipples] (means I'm a more advanced human species, since we developed from apes we have got less and less hair)

I could shave once a day, but I don't see the point, and I like a bit of stubble, my mum always tells me I look like a hobo.

I didn't need to shave until I was about 20, and I was so keen as a teenager to grow a goatie but I couldn't, it just wasn't fair, now I couldn't give a fuck, and shaving is just a hassel.

I'm more likely to shave before going out to a night club, most chicks prefer a shaven man, but sometimes a chick likes bit of stubble.

So what about Chicks shaving, they have a harder task if they could be bothered, under arms, legs, pubes, face, what do girls prefer? I know that the younger generation of women these days are more likely to have a Brazillian, (well in Australia anyway, probably Brazil too) I guess it's a good novelty.

Obviously everyone has different genetics, and reasons for shaving, after all it is only hair. (being judged by hair can seem pretty silly)

YOke

I have a weird dilemma. I love to shave. It comes from the period when i shaved both my face and my head. It's really a great feeling!
...but here's the problem: I look cooler with a beard!
So I can shave, but at the cost of my self esteem.
Did I just kill the shaving debate, or what?

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

Robert Eric

I look angry with a shaved head and goatee.  If I have a decent amount of hair on my head, and just a mustache, I look like I'm always smiling.
Ã, Ã, 

jason

Quote from: Evil on Tue 09/09/2003 21:27:54
I hate shaving... Hell, I'm 14 and I'm on a shave every day basis. I always shave in the shower (heh, I know). And by the end of the school day it has grown back... I do, though, like to rub my burns for good luck on tests and stuff. It seems to work :)
That sucks, Evil! Jeez, I hate shaving so much! I'm 21 and I have to shave pretty much everyday, but I'm too lazy to do that, so I only shave once or twice a week. I'm a hairy beast as well, but I wish I had some chinese/korean/japanese in me. One of my korean friends doesn't even have armpit hair, let alone facial/body hair! Lucky bastard..

Oh yeah, I possibly have balding to look forward to as well... lucky me.  :(

DragonRose

Note, complete with back story:

I recently went on a traditional university parade, where everyone marches through the neighbourhood around the university dressed in their pyjamas.  If anyone is sitting on the curb, we had to give them a kiss or a handshake, depending on gender.  

HOWEVER! A lot of the guys are college students in the area, so they had the stubble thing going on.  By the end of the parade, the parading girls had very tender lips and were skipping over the stubbly guys entirely.

The moral of the story: cleanshaven guys get more kisses.  Think about it.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

rodekill

And despite it all, kissing without a beard and moustache is much more yummy.
Which sucks, cause again, I look better bearded.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Moresco

That's pretty bizarre, I've never heard of a parade like that. Where exactly does this take place at? Sounds like Vegas...only in Vegas you can just go to a brothel or something. Heh, bizarre.

Ben

I guess I'm one of the lucky few. My facial hari doesn't really start reappearing until two days after I shave, and  even then it's so lightly colored that it's barely noticeable. I shave twice a week at most.

However, the drawback is that my sideburns are scraggly and almost invilible. And as we all know, sideburns are only sexy when you can see them.

Domino

my facial hair grows so quickly, but i cannot stand to shave and usually always wear a beard. When i do shave, people always say i have a baby face, and then i get proofed for alcohol and even cigarettes.  Even as much as i can't stand the scruff, i keep it.

Robert Eric

Easy solutions to kissing bearded or stubbly men: kiss them on the lips, or the forehead.
Ã, Ã, 

TheYak

I've gone from electric shaver to one of those 3-bladed deals.. it's nice & smooth but my face is getting eaten up like crazy.  The razor-burns are almost as rough as the stubble was.  About the best solution I've come across for fairly sensitive skin is to use pre-electric shave lotion and use an electric razor.  It can get fairly close and I've never gotten razor-burn from it.  

In other news, to expand this topic a bit..  my ex wanted me to try some stuff as a sort of payment for the fact that she had to shave her legs constantly.  I've tried shaving part of one leg and have even tried waxing a large strip.  Females, you have my full admiration for this feat.  It's awful.  I suppose you'd get used to it eventually but that's sorta like getting used to having someone kick you in the um...  umm..  shins.

MillsJROSS

Someone told me that utter cream (which you can buy at Walmart from what I heard), a cream used for cows utters, actually gets rid of razor burn easily.

-MillsJROSS

MrColossal

hehe yak

not that women HAVE to shave that is

and a man's hair is usually thicker so we have it rough anyway

i'd consider estrogen treatments just to cut down on shaving, if it wasn't for the whole chemical castration dealie
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

LGM

Just a note... I've seen Evil at the end of the day and his face is smooth as a babies bottom.. And he doesn't have sideburns...
You. Me. Denny's.

Andail

so so now LGM...let the kiddies have facial hair if they wanna

It's pretty fun anyway that we have one entire thread discussing what level of hair-growth we've achieved...aren't we a bunch of out-and-out  pirates after all :)

DragonRose

Quote from: Moresco on Wed 10/09/2003 23:09:58
That's pretty bizarre, I've never heard of a parade like that. Where exactly does this take place at? Sounds like Vegas...only in Vegas you can just go to a brothel or something. Heh, bizarre.

Vegas... I wish!  It's just McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.  The PJ parade is part of the week long initiation of the first year students.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Moresco

Actually Vegas is pretty cool to visit, but living there sucked.  It's hot as hell, and then when it's rainy the whole damn place floods like a whiney baby & after that, you can't drive anywhere cuz everyone thinks it's Grand Theft Auto.  I swear, I hated living there soooo much.  ^^

TheYak

Quote from: MrColossal on Thu 11/09/2003 01:21:59

not that women HAVE to shave that is

Leave it to Eric to bring up blatant sexism.  ;)  Actually, I encouraged my ex not to shave her legs for a time to see if the hair would be just long enough and soft enough to put up with.  Nope.  Ever tried curling up with a cactus?  It's difficult to sleep with a rose bush as well.  I swear she could've climbed trees merely by digging her calf-hairs into the bark.  No, they don't HAVE to and in recognition of that, I'll pretty much have my facial hair however my significant other would like it.  I suppose you could bring up the fact that some women never shave their legs and thusly don't have coarse hair.  This is true but in a country and era where vanity is of the utmost importance throughout most teenage girls' lives, how likely are you to find a person who merely let it grow?  Wow, I'm babbling about the most mundance subject... sorry.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I have to pluck my eyebrows every morning or else I look like John Howard. The end.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Moresco

Who's John Howard??  Never heard of anyone by that name...but ow! plucking eyebrows must be painful.  But I can't talk, to freak out people I know, I can viciously rip nose hairs out while tears run down my face :) But I'm not crying...it's just a reaction I get from the pain.

Las Naranjas

Hooray for international profile
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Timosity

After that though, the more high profile the country leader, the more problems the country developes, it would be hard to name every Prime Minister, President etc of every country of all the AGSers, unless you're some freek or a google nerd, plus I think Howard does a good job for Antarctica.

Pumaman

Bah, I just give it a quick once-over with an electric shaver while in a half-asleep state every morning. Of course, I always miss a bit and this results in me looking like a tit later in the day.

But shaving properly with a razor and shaving cream and all that is far too much effort :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk