Idiotic manual design

Started by GarageGothic, Tue 30/09/2003 09:59:44

Previous topic - Next topic

GarageGothic

Ok, so it's one thing that nobody ever uses those "Notes" pages at the end of game manuals, but this page from the Post Mortem manual is ridiculous:

What were they thinking? Who writes their notes with correction fluid?

It makes as much sense as that blurb on the back of the GK box: "Includes a bound and illustrated graphic novel". Oh, as opposed to those text-only graphic novels?

Privateer Puddin'

oh man i use to use the notes pages all the time  :-[

Gilbert

Well, as an editor I have to say that, the sole purpose of adding "note" pages to a book is because of the restrictions on page coutns (for example, the number of pages of a book binded with staples must be multiple of 4), it's just something better looking than blank pages, most of the time ppl who made them never expect anyone really[/u] ever use these pages, nor will they care about it. It's just a lazy way to make things "less ugly".

So I'm not surprised at all if one encounters with a "nonfunctional" note page in a game manual...

m0ds

GG, I can see what you've written in the notes section! Naughty naughty!

:P

Gemmalah

that strikes me as a little redundant!
 :o
very moody though.
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

remixor

Bwhahaha, that's hilarious.  IF they needed to pad space, they could have just left out the word "notes".  As it stands, it's just stupid.  I heard Post Mortem wasn't that great anyway, but this rules.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk