do you want Grim Fandango 2?

Started by danny*, Sat 04/10/2003 19:23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamski

Haddas

I just did
Guess from where:

?: Excuse me, would you sign my petition?
Woman: I'm sorry...
?: Sign my petition, Damnit!
Woman: No way you freakin' pinko!
?: Sign my petition, or I'll follow you home and kill your dog!
Woman: AaaAAAAAaaiiiaaAAaaiiiaAAAaH! *runs away*

Privateer Puddin'

i'd prefer a new adventure game from lucasarts :)

Domino

BG signs, feels good.  :)

shawn

Meowster

But why? Why spoil a perfectly good game with a sequal? Unless they get Tim on the job, it'll never work. Besides, even though it was a great game, it sold hardly any copies. Shit, this room feels like a fridge. Anyway, so despite that it was better than anything Lucasarse ever produced... they will never do it again.

I say screw Lucasarse, and just buy ten copies of Psychonauts and catapult it to fame and money, and whatever comes with fame and money. SWIMMING POOLS, PROBABLY. Then, we can be assured they'll knock out some top notch and memorable games. Maybe ones inspired by swimming pools, or something.

Rincewind

Kind of agree with DS here - Even though it would be nice to see another Grim Fandango, I doubt it could ever top the brilliance displayed in the original - Even with fancier graphics and great music. The risk is that it'll just be a cheap rip-off...

Besides, I'd rather not know what happened to Manny and Meche in the 9th Underworld... :)  I want to remain unknowing...

Privateer Puddin'

Nellie

Blech.  Where's the "Don't you dare make a sequel" petition?

Adamski

Exactly Rincewind. It ended in such a way that a sequal would make things crappy, and having new characters in the same world would also be crappy as we've all seen and done it and been blown away by it before.
In conclusion, what Yufster, Pudding and Rincewind said.

If Lucasarts hired me they'd get some original and creative games!

Trapezoid

I would like to see another game in the Land of the Dead. It's a whole planet thingy, after all.

Shattered Sponge

I think a prequel could work; probably wouldn't, as it'd be bloody difficult to pull off correctly, but it could work.

And Yufster, didn't you say you hadn't actually played it?

Mats Berglinn

Yes I want a sequel but they should keep everything that was good in original like the film noir movie-feeling, the great voices of characters, the music, the gameplay and Glottis, I can't resist the guy. I want to see more of the Land of the Dead and know more secrets about it. I mean is the Petrified forest, Sea of Lament, Rubacava, Edge of the World, El Marrow and the Gate to the Ninth Underworld the only places that exist in the Land of the Dead? Think about it!

Migs

No no no.  Grim Fandango was a game that ended perfectly.  Why ruin the perfection with a sequel?
This signature intentionally left blank.

Migs

I actually went to the link and read the petition.

THAT'S the petition?   That's the most pathetic, immature, whiniest petition I've ever seen!!!!!  There are so many things wrong with it:

1. Best "skeleton adventure game" ever?  Manny wasn't a skeleton.  He was modeled after a Mexican doll, called the Calavera...RTFM.  Hence his name.  Manuel Calaveras.  Also just how many skeleton adventure games are there to compare this to, that make it the "best"?

2. "But unfortunately, they complete it and now cry."  Ignoring the strange English sentence structure, why are they crying?  I admit I actually shed a few tears at the end of Grim Fandango, but not because I wanted more.  I thought it was a great ending.

3. "To stop that crying..."  Get over it.  It was a great game.  Manny reached the end.  O Joy and rapture.

4. "Look how pretty it looks" Seriously.  I have no idea what this means.  It sounds like some retarded kid I know who chases butterflies and exclaims, "Pretty!  Pretty!"

5. "We need more Manny..."  Okay.  You can't DICTATE what the sequel is going to contain.  They could just as well create a sequel with someone else who has some tie to Manny, or is unrelated to him entirely.  Frankly, I don't need more Manny.  I've had enough Manny.

6. "We hope to see it soon...very soon...Pleeeeeeaaase..."  If LucasArts is seriously going to make this, they'll do it in their own due time.  Whining isn't going to help.

I'm embarassed to think that LucasArts might actually see this awful petition.  If you guys (whoever you are) are going to make a petition, you should think it through carefully, write it in a professional tone, state your reasons clearly and coherently (and NOT because you want to stop some sort of alleged crying that's sweeping the nation).

I honestly don't think there needs to be another Grim Fandango, but I wouldn't mind playing one because if LucasArts made it, I have full confidence they would do an excellent job.  But I am NOT signing that woefully inadequate petition.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Meowster

SS => I haven't played it, I heard it was great though. But I don't like when people create sequels to perfectly good games/movies/whatever. Especially when they do it without the old people on the team. Look at MI for example. After playing MI4, I almost wish they'd just left it at MI3.

Besides, Lucasarse need to get original some time. I hate starwars. If I didn't hate it before, I do hate it now. I hate it! Ahhh! Everything Lucasarse knocks out is star wars!!!! Recently they tried to do another few adventure games. It's been a really slow and lame attempt so far. I mean S+M2 is hardly original, but I guess if they're gonna risk their necks with adventure games, they'll risk their necks with tried and tested formulas. Full Throttle 2 was never gonna work without certain people on the team.

I don't want any more sequels of ANYthing!!! Ahhh.

Kweepa

My GOD Yufster!
Stop going on about Psychonauts! It looks like a pretty platform game, but really, who cares?
Plus, I don't think Tim Schafer is going to employ you if you haven't played Grim Fandango. Sell your sister into slavery, buy a copy, enjoy. It's only 20 euros.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005B4P5/ref=sr_aps_videogames_1_1/026-7638528-6148465

Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

DGMacphee

I don't want a sequel.

It's ended perfectly -- Why unend it?
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Czar

I dont want to see Puerto Zapato and the rest of the world, because that is a part of the brilliance of the game, its mystery and strange connections, this is the part where you use your imagination.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk